Thread: 2014 LI Fishing Reports

Hybrid View

Default 2014 LI Fishing Reports

Dark I didn't see one so figured would start it off for the year.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Fished ocean side from 5:30 to 10:00 this morning.
    Didn't catch anything but it was great getting out there.
    Threw some new plugs to see how they swam and checked out some new water (to me).
    Great time, thrilled the season has finally started (need some warmer water now).

I am going to miss seeing you on they Jersey side

Does this mean you are abandoning nj? Care to share your secret njspots if that's true? Just kidding, liked the report and awseome sunrise pic,

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    Does this mean you are abandoning nj? Care to share your secret njspots if that's true? Just kidding, liked the report and awseome sunrise pic,
    Hopefully just a couple trips in Jersey this year, will see how things go (when need to load up on the dead stuff).
    Going to keep the secret spots to find dead stuff to myself.

Dark has got to be behind this. Hopefully he won't take up sleeping in Porto johns on the side of the road like DS

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Finally into some fish. Fished a bay area last night, GSB. Blues have arrived. Picked off quite a few with small tins and 4" poppers. To 7lbs and a few small bass.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Dark has got to be behind this. Hopefully he won't take up sleeping in Porto johns on the side of the road like DS

Not my doing....you know Monty just got so dissatisfied with the loss of access in NJ he decided to broaden his horizons....

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post

I promise no falling asleep in porto john for me.....
    New York beaches are actually closer to where I live, the big bummer is the ridiculous tolls. 25 clams per trip

"White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)"
    Last week you were 1.90 now you are 2.0. Is this the final version or will there be add ons? Just busting, glad to hear of you fishing again.

"White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)"
    Last week you were 1.90 now you are 2.0. Is this the final version or will there be add ons? Just busting, glad to hear of you fishing again.
    Its the final version, 2.0,. Have some sourness after 3+ hours of casting, but think I came out of it OK

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Its the final version, 2.0,. Have some sourness after 3+ hours of casting, but think I came out of it OK
    whats that like the 6 million dollar man? haha good luck to everybody this spring! Monty you should fish Jamaica bay the cows should be in there soon. I am prob going to Montauk this weekend. There may not be any fish there but its good to get out on the rocks again and check it out. good luck to everyone today finally opening day!

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    I am going to miss seeing you on they Jersey side

A few visits hopefully.
    Will start throwing your teasers soon when the water starts warming and the fish start eating.

Nice- thanks for the report. Don't know exactly where you were but if you are ever close to jbay the flats in the back will give up some fish before the ocean does. Every year I catch em before 4-15 (catch and release before the season opens). Small bucktails or teasers can get it done.

Fished this morning 4:30-9:30.
    Ocean side for most of it, bay side for an hour. Skunkaroo Threw lots of rubber and some plastic. Water was murky. Great morning to be out, checking out areas for the first time, lots of walking today. Looking forward to warmer water.

A pic of the sunrise...The ones in Jersey are nicer with the water in them....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014_4_13_SR2.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	18156