Thread: Jackson Kayak BIGRIG

Hybrid View

Default Jackson Kayak BIGRIG

I just ordered my Jackson BIGRIG kayak. Should be here around Tuesday. Just in time for some warmer weather. I know it isn't a speed demon but I wanted something I could stand and fish. Should be good for the flats and lakes.

Sorry if this sounds stupid but what exactly is a Jackson bigrig and what makes it different from others? Have never even seen pics of one. Do you have pics? thanks

Well admittedly kayaking , more specifically kayak fishing has evolved quite dramatically. I think a better term would be personal fishing craft. The jackson bigrig kayak us a wide kayak that is stable and designed specifically for stand up fishing. It is almost specifically designed for fly fisherman. It has troughs on both sides that a full fly rod sits in protected. It comes with many features that include a stand assist bar and comfortable seating with lumbar support. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7105.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	18159

Very nice. Should be a lot of fun.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Nice rig rob. Good luck with it. When does it arrive?

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    Nice rig rob. Good luck with it. When does it arrive?
    I elected to pick it up at the trucking terminal as opposed to home delivery as I was worried that it would come when I wasn't home and the guy might damage it getting it off the truck. Anyway- It has been sitting 3 miles from my house since Friday night I have to wait until Monday to go get it. I am excited. I finally got what I wanted. Sand color with a rudder!