Thread: Jackson Kayak BIGRIG

Hybrid View

Very nice best of luck with it catch em up

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Nice review rob good luck with it.

Awesome review rob. If I got a kayak it would be like that one. I want stability not speed. I would use it to hit the coves in the back bays and the sedges. Total stealth machine to get away from the crowds. Best of luck with it.

I can definitely see all the positives Rob.

My concern with any of these big kayaks being used in open waters is the wind and their surface area.

There are documented cases where guys got in trouble with big kayaks such as the pro angler because they couldn't peddle or paddle against the wind.

I have a Hobie Outback which is a fairly big kayak. Against a strong wind my speed gets drastically reduced as the wind catches the bow and creates heavy resistance. My brother in the Revo 13 can travel 2x faster than me against a strong wind.

As with any kayak or other small watercraft watch those winds guys!

agreed JB. To add to the big kayak part- I am sitting up higher and that causes some wind problems as well. My intentions for this yak are to not paddle far- I am actually going to get a trolling motor installed later this year for any longer voyages and perhaps even go to a small 2-3hp outboard on the back...eventually.