Thread: Review: Baker saltwater Plugs

Default Re: Ask the Grouch.....Finchaser tests the Newest Gear.....

Tested the new Baker plugs last fall they are super, cast just as well as SP just swim a little deeper.

They are made of Lexan with the finish inside of the plug on some colors.

They, come with HD split rings and 4X strong VMC hooks right out of package.

Two sizes available in 6" 1 1/4 with sliding mag cast design and 4 1/2" and 7/8 ounce in 14 colors. Now availble for 2013 season by the company that makes the Baker hook outs.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Default Re: Ask the Grouch.....Finchaser tests the Newest Gear.....

Thanks for the updates finchaser. It must be so cool to get to be the tester for these products.
    If you have any more comments about the savage plugs please let us know.

This is a review of the Baker plugs if anyone wants to chime in as well.....

Does anyone know about how much they go for in the stores? thanks and fichaser thanks for the reviews and advice you have given out

Finchaser if I could ask do you like the 6 1/4" or 4 1/2" version of this plug better and why? thank you

6 1/4 for inlets, canal and boat. would work on jetty - goes too deep for beach IMO

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

I purchased the 6" at surf day based on finchasers recommendation.

I trolled it from the kayak in March and found that it does run deep. When trolled quickly in 6-7ft of water it bounced off the bottom.

I casted it for the first time yesterday from the surf and was pleasantly surprised to see it had a mag.

Casts just as good if not better than the sp minnow. It tracks really good in the air.

I caught a few big bluefish with this plug yesterday. I took it off since we found the bluefish were sitting in 1-3ft of water and this plug was rubbing the bottom.