Thread: Anyone going to Montauk?

Default Anyone going to Montauk?

Is anyone heading up to Montauk for the fall run by any chance?

rob I should be there on and off. I llive in LI so it's only about an hour. Have been there a few times so far at night or dawn and from the surf it hasn't been that great a few bliues and bass. If you are trying to time a trip and have to drive very far I would say wait till october things should be a lot better by then.

thanks BB. I was just wondering if people go. most of the guys here are not new to the sport so I am sure it is a " been there done ghat" sort of thing.

^^Yes rob like bassbuddah said some of us have been around the block more than a few times. We still have fire in the furnace though. never been there? you should go. It's not the same it was 20 years ago but when the whitebait is thick you can catch 20 or 30 fish in a day. Plus, its a challenge to learn how to hop on rocks and work together to pull fish in. If it's on your bucket list I would definitely recommend it.

It can be great when the fish are there. The crowds around the holidays can be a pita as well. When I go I try to make it a weekday. Leave after work and get 2 nights and 1 day out of it. When are you thinking of heading up?

Also if you go bring lots of bucktails different sizes. If you are new to this you will be losing a lot in the rocks and you don't want to be restocking up there at $6 each.