Thread: Why is the water brown in Raritan Bay?

Hybrid View

roflmao!!!!!!!! bababooey that was one of the funniest stories I have ever read! You are sick!! Get help, but please keep writing these stories. lololol!

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    roflmao!!!!!!!! bababooey that was one of the funniest stories I have ever read! You are sick!! Get help, but please keep writing these stories. lololol!
    While I will agree its one of the funniest stories, its nothing less than expected from Bababooey. He is out there, waaaay out there.

Thank you Bababooey, and its Raritan bay, never Barnegat, so the story holds true
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

The water is always brown in the Raritan Bay when the temps get hot. It's usually brown more often than it is clear.

They are also extending the sand/dirt into the bay at the port Monmouth pier and that is muddying the waters near there.

NY

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Awesome story bababooey! I like that explanation better than any of the rational ones. finchaser what do you mean by "NY"?

I don't know the area but remember reading something about the sewage treatment plants up there. I think they had to close down swimming a few years ago because some sewage got out? Sounds nasty, feel bad for you guys that have to fish it.

What he said and how they always overflow in bad storms so they have to release raw sewage

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again