Thread: FishBites - Fish'n Strips

Default FishBites - Fish'n Strips

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FISHBITES.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	18630

My local "Richards" had this stuff on sale at $2 per bag. I bought the only two remaining bags they had left in this pink shrimp flavor.

I keep hearing a lot of good things about fishbites and was wondering whats everyone's experience with the product?

I have used them. They catch croakers and kingfish. Lots of trash fish too like skates and sea birds. A little piece on the hook is all you need, You chan slice them diagonally in strips or just cut chunks I don't think it makes a big difference. Good luck

It works on the little stuff that bite on the beach. Croakers, spot, kingfish, ocean perch, sandsharks. Have caught pompano, fluke, small specks on it as well. Usually use bloodworm cut on the diagonal .A guy near me had a bunch of the old stuff and it was soft, but still worked.

Quote Originally Posted by hookmeup View Post
    .A guy near me had a bunch of the old stuff and it was soft, but still worked.
    So you are saying the old stuff still works? Do you feel fishbites are better or is gulp a better purchase. thanks

Thanks for the info will have to try that for porgies. Right now I am using clams to catch the porkchops.

Quote Originally Posted by baitstealer View Post
    So you are saying the old stuff still works? Do you feel fishbites are better or is gulp a better purchase. thanks
    I have no experience with comparing gulp to fishbites. I would use gulp for fluke. I use fishbites as a way to pass time and catch bait on the beach when I am bored. I have caught some short fluke with fishbites but wasn't targeting them.

fishbites work great. I caught a bluefish, tons of whiting, tons of saltwater catfish and a spot in the surf in florida with them.

I wanted to try for some spot today but I could not find the fish bites packs that I bought.

I did well last year using cut up pieces of gulp for croaker. Whenever a tail got bitten off or destroyed by fluke or snappers I put it back in the jar and then cut it up for the croakers later on. They can't resist the gulp. The big ones will slam a bucktail tipped with a tailless gulp minnow.

I don't remember catching any spot using gulp. All my spot were caught on small pieces of sand worm last year.

Thanks guys