Thread: Gigantic Whale Gently Lifts A Kayak Out Of The Water With Its Head

Default Gigantic Whale Gently Lifts A Kayak Out Of The Water With Its Head

Two adventurers kayaking in the blue waters near Puerto Madryn, Argentina crossed paths with some gentle giants of the sea.

Gisela6652's video description roughly translates to, "One of the whales turned and came toward our direction, and lifted the boat twice!!"

While the sight of the whales must have been breathtaking, it is always important to stay a safe distance from wild animals -- especially when they're the size of a bus.

The Huffington Post
    By Sarah Barness
    Posted: 07/23/2014 1:21 pm EDT

THAT is an awesome video.

I would have had to clean out my shorts after that experience!

One swipe of it's tail and the whale could have easily capsized, or launched that kayak into the air. Says a lot about the intelligence and playful nature of whales. Beautiful creatures...thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    While the sight of the whales must have been breathtaking, it is always important to stay a safe distance from wild animals -- especially when they're the size of a bus.

Great point you made here John...even though the whales are gentle....there is no telling what could happen in an encounter like that....and I think it's smart to suggest that trying to duplicate that experience would probably not be that safe.

Yeah um nah that would not be how I handled it. If I saw them whales I would have gonethe opposite way.

^^^^
    X2!!!!!! No way I would let that whale do that. Crap my pants for sure. Or at least fart with fear till I shat!

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    Crap my pants for sure. Or at least fart with fear till I shat!
    How does one know when the farts change into an actual need for changing of the pants? Is there a smell test or is the feeling or runny liquid the giveaway. Enquiring minds want to know.