Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for August 2014.....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Got into a few weakies tonight incoming tide near structure. ocean county. Rubber and 1/2 oz jig

Nice reports fellas !! Thats a nice shark HOB...And hope to see more of them weakies up N soon jigfreak....Wanted to get out last night but some how i managed to get pink eye in BOTH my eyes...ughhh the man upstairs is definitly trying to keep me off the sand...2 planned trips in the past week got the kibash...Hopefully be out early tm morn for what ever wants to bite!

HOB and JF awesome catches! I fished last night in nomoco. Hardly anyone out fishing. Picked up a few short fluke before dark on gulp white swimming mullet. Then I felt some weight on the line and thought I had a striper. When it didn't move too much I knew it was a stargazer. Next time it will be a bass. The water was pretty clean and there was lots of spearing in the water. blazin pink eye sucks! I had that last summer. Feel better soon.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I don't have a lot of experience fishing for them my friend is the shark man. May try fishing for them again this weekend. I'll keep you posted if we catch. jbarbosa that shark was about 50 inches and between 40 and 50 lbs. We had a cheapie scale no boga grip and wanted to get it back in the water quick.Those teeth were scary and I was a little intimidated by them.

Nice batch of big crabs ready for the steamer. Old bay and sea salt

We got another brown last night, about 40lbs using croaker heads It was pretty slow. I think because near low tide. We got the brown about 5 minutes before dark, plus a dogfish when we got there. Fished another 2 hours and nothing more. They are around you just have to work for them.
    Awesome crab catch jb. Makes me hungry just looking at it.

Thanks Steve,Nice crabs John they look tasty!! Was feeling better today and finally got out today from 530am till 2pm....Was kinda slow today managed 6 flatties...Good part was 1 of them was a 19in keeper he hit what other then the white GULP on the teaser...Best part of my day was i FINALLY broke the ice with the flyrod ...Dropped 1 and landed a 16incher on a chartruse over yellow clouser!!! I was more siked about the 16in on the flyrod then i was the keeper...Im definitly addicted now...Didnt see much else caught by anyone LOTS of spider crabs had to move at one point cause they were hooked on every cast...Fish started to hit about 2hrs into the incoming...It was a slow pick but i didnt care since i got lucky with the keeper and the fly caught fish was the icing on the cake.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20140817_121942.jpg   20140817_151303.jpg  

When is jbarbosa going to have the crabfest I'm in! Nice catches guys.
    What beer is that in the pic blazin? Congrats on catching on the fly I guess they are getting really aggressive.

^^^^^^^^^
    What he said, congrats on the catch on the fly Blazin.
    JB's pics of the crabs always make me hungry for sea food.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    When is jbarbosa going to have the crabfest I'm in! Nice catches guys.
    What beer is that in the pic blazin? Congrats on catching on the fly I guess they are getting really aggressive.
    Thanks Ch and thanks Monty...Im defintly "hooked" no pun intended with the flyrod!! And CH thats a Kona Longboard..They are delish been drinking them all summer they have a few others but the Longboard is my favorite...It may be a summer beer so not sure how much longer they will out but if you can find them get them! Brewed in Hawaii.. And also would like to good to this Barbosa "crab feast"

Nice fluke on the fly rod ...that's the reason I got into fly fishing in the first place. Just need to put some effort into it now

Who carries Kona? I tried a new beer to me yesterday called Cusquena. Its a Peruvian mass produced lager, goes down easy but not much flavor to it.

As for the crab fest I'll bring some to FinChaser's party:

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...-for-J-Barbosa

good job with the fly rod Blazin!

Nice catches guys. The fluke in the surf are getting bigger. Another 2 weeks and they'll start to move out of the bays and rivers, Sept is always a good fluke month for me. Too bad the season has to end so early.

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    Nice fluke on the fly rod ...that's the reason I got into fly fishing in the first place. Just need to put some effort into it now

Who carries Kona? I tried a new beer to me yesterday called Cusquena. Its a Peruvian mass produced lager, goes down easy but not much flavor to it.

As for the crab fest I'll bring some to FinChaser's party:

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...-for-J-Barbosa
    Most decent liquor stores that carry craft beers should have it...There is another one make i think called big wave which is good a bit hoppie but decent....Thanks Rob

More weakfish coming into the Barny Bay. Picked up a few more last night, spikes to 23". Pink FinS on half oz jighead near the top of the tide in the back.

WTG jigfreak

Nice going Guys,

I see Blazin crossing over to the Darkside. Cool can't wait till you hook up with a nice Bass. JB, those crabs look awesome. looks like I have to buy some. My wife is busting my Balls for them. I made the mistake of show your crabs. I'll be out there soon.

Thanks. Didn't do so hot last night. Fished 3 hours into the dark. Perfect tide and water, no weakies.
    There was less bait there than there has been so that might have been a reason.

I tried to catch some local bass last night but struck out. The wind was blowing too hard and the water was really dirty by the time I got there.

Don't feel bad JB. I had a decent morning yesterday and not so good today. I was fluking yesterday in moco when I saw large pods of bunker. In the space of 5 minutes they were pushed in by large blues. I managed one about 10 lbs and dropped it in the surf when it bit through the light leader I use. Good fight for a while. After re-tying went back to fluking and managed 4 short fluke before I had to leave. Gulp on bucktail and red teaser. Today I was out, the surf looked nice from an offshore sswell, good white water and bait. Only managed one short fluke. Go figure.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast