Thread: Riding the beach with your head lights on

Default Riding the beach with your head lights on

Don't !!!!!

One thing I have noticed fishing the Long Island beaches that way to many "fishermen" are riding the beach with their headlights on.

Either use the day lights or mount new lights that are not bright and pointed in so they do not hit the water.

Where is the common sense???
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

They should drive higher up on the beach that's common sense but driving on a beach with no lights is guaranteed to either hit something or someone.As I was almost ran over by someone last year with no lights on driving low on the beach while I was fishing, and very recently had a unpleasant ordeal with the police at Smithspoint I won't get into details fortunately some family members who work for headquarters introduced me to their chief and lieutenant at their retirement party,normally I don't drop names but in this case I felt it necessary to avoid more headaches it all started with no headlights and accusations of driving drunk and no I do not drink at all.Seemed to be rookie on the job training which resulted in the name dropping.Could have just asked do your headlights work?Although he chose not to.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

^^^^^^^^^^
    Nothing is easy, getting in trouble just riding the beach

I agree, can't drive without being able to at least see where you are going and be able to see someone or even logs or crap on the beach where driving. But the headlights on the water sucks.
    I have the daylights on my Honda now and that works great. When I used to ride Island Beach 10-15 years ago I added a set of lights that were aimed low, not to bright and pointed in. Worked great.
    In my post above I was not advocating riding with no lights, just not headlights.

they do the same thing on LBI. If you happen to be fishing the area of beach in front of an access we would have these jerks sit at the entrance and light up the whole freakin surf in front of us.

I know where your coming from I turn my headlights off of auto and use the driving lights down low I don't drive low enough to shine my lights on the water.On the other hand I know the idiots that you are referring to.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

to be clear- I am not talking about they light up the surf as they drive on- no these idiots sit there and watch us "fish"- Have had a few occasions when the cops do it too.

^ Same problem a little north of you rob. When the summertime idiots do that at IBSP at night, I make a big show like I am adjusting my pants or waders. I turn around and face the ocean while I am doing the adjusting. Then I drop my pants accidentally. As I go to bring them up I make sure I stick my hand back through my crotch like an ostrich and wave to them. After they have seen my hairy moon they quickly move on. I dont recommend doing this if you are not sure who they are. The park police will lock you up if you accidentally pick them for your show.. I have done it once or twice when I knew it was just a bunch of drunk fishermen spot jumpers. You know like the ones that spend their whole summer camping down there and don't fish unless there is a blitz. It has worked for me though.

^^^^ that's funny!

^^^^^ Fnm funny post loved it. It's a good thing they don't allow beach buggies at sandy hook. Try that on Gunnison and make many new friends. They hang out on the nude beach looking at each others packages. don't know why folks go to that beach because if you do they will ogle you.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinmission78 View Post
    ^ Same problem a little north of you rob. When the summertime idiots do that at IBSP at night, I make a big show like I am adjusting my pants or waders. I turn around and face the ocean while I am doing the adjusting. Then I drop my pants accidentally. As I go to bring them up I make sure I stick my hand back through my crotch like an ostrich and wave to them. After they have seen my hairy moon they quickly move on.
    Had a vehicle drive by with lights on this morning. Lit up the complete surf. I decided to keep my pants on and not do that ostrich thing, just yelled up at him....he kept driving down the beach.

I am bringing a small slingshot with me this year. When I see somebody doing that with the four lights blinding you I am shooting little bbs at their headlights. I have had it with these Jokers.