Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stripers And Anglers Ball Busting thread

Default Stripers And Anglers Ball Busting thread

Thought some of ya's might want to toss a few jabs here, at each other or me.
    No worries as long as it's done in good fun.

I thought of this when I ran into one of the old time surf greats out there last night. We ended up fishing together for awhile.
    He made some goog mistakes, and so did I....the thing about that, and most of the guys I would want to fish with, when not by myself....is that we are merciless with each other.....
    When he made a mistake, he didn't get sympathy, tea and crumpets from me....
    I laughed at him and busted his balls for screwing up.....
    He did the same for me, as I was tired and made a few mistakes as well....

They say laughter is the best medicine.
    I have been going through some rough patches lately, along with some of the people I'm closest to.
    For some of us, there is no remedy for the rough road we're on.....we just have to travel that road, along with the bumps and rough patches....

**Friends, good friends.....know when we need a good laugh....and know when we need our balls busted....

I thought, that since you are all such a good bunch and not mean-spirited....we might try that here.....

Remember, if you jump into this thread...expect to have your balls busted...no whining about it....
    If anyone feels a post is getting out of hand and is a contributing member here, PM me and I'll address or modify....
    Otherwise, please remember
    a. this is all in good fun,
    b. can be on whatever topic ya's want
    c. And should not be mean spirited, but light-hearted ball busting, the kind ya's would do, if out fishin with friends.....

Good luck, and feel free to take shots at me...everyone who posts in the thread is fair game....
    As Monty says.....the best of Skill to ya's....

Some thoughts to start this out....
    (these posts can be observations, questions, stream of consciousness rants (EG Finchaser rants) ...Etc...

Monty.....
    Will there ever be a time, when he goes fishing, and doesn't get a Hogy chopped in half by a bluefish?
    "Fish that got away reports" - will there ever be a time when he tells me he got a "solid hit" on the Hogy, and actually has a fish to show for it?

Will there be some point in the future when he isn't making up songs about white water and texting them to me?

JBarbosa
    Will he ever fish and catch a fluke without Gulp?....or will he be like the guy who says he is going to quit smoking every week....only to back slide...

Will there ever be a night, when he goes on a fishing trip, where he walks more than 1000'?
    Stay tuned......

OK here goes - dark do you really smell as bad as people say you do?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    "Fish that got away reports" - will there ever be a time when he tells me he got a "solid hit" on the Hogy, and actually has a fish to show for it?
    Fish that got away? I have to read his reports more closely. I don't remember anything like that.

JBarbosa
    Will he ever fish and catch a fluke without Gulp?....or will he be like the guy who says he is going to quit smoking every week....only to back slide...

Will there ever be a night, when he goes on a fishing trip, where he walks more than 1000'?
    Stay tuned......
    I didn't use gulp this morning and I walked more than 1,000ft yesterday.

Just because I am efficient doesn't make me lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Fish that got away? I have to read his reports more closely. I don't remember anything like that.
    Its almost like I am busting my own balls

I can't seem to hook or land a BIG bass.

Had a big Bass swirl on a Hogy 4 weeks ago (think I had tears in my eyes when the Hogy came back twisted up, no cuts).
    Had my rod almost ripped out of my hand around a rock pile at 7 Presidents a few years ago on a 14" Hogy, no teeth marks.
    Heck, 20 years ago when I fished bait I remember fishing with my father on Island Beach and getting a hit and setting a hook on a 12 foot Ugly Stick and feeling an incredible strong fish double the rod over and make a run......and get away, crazy strong fish.
    I have a pile of Hogys torn in half (just for this year), and if blues are around I stop fishing them, so its a one shot deal when they strike.
    It does unfortunately go on and on and on.
    and.....
    I have landed 1 False Albie and lost 2 (that were hooked).
    I loose and miss a ridiculous amount of fish.....unfortunately as Darkskies said.
    One time lost 10 fish in a row, after hooked.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

^^^^^ Drink more energy drinks? Did you check to see if the hooks were sharp and not rusty? I have done that too. Late fall when the water cools down the fish get weird. You will throw a plug and they will bump in not really hitting it. The only way to get them is a sharp strong hookset.
    Would love to hear more about dark's fails as well. If he sleeps in porto potties does he smell like crap or just the stale onion smell of underarm stink.

This is less busting balls than a question. DS and FC have not had a battle royale in some time. What gives did DS become a born again christian or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Had a big Bass swirl on a Hogy 4 weeks ago (think I had tears in my eyes when the Hogy came back twisted up, no cuts).
    Had my rod almost ripped out of my hand around a rock pile at 7 Presidents a few years ago on a 14" Hogy, no teeth marks.

It does unfortunately go on and on and on.
    and.....
    I have landed 1 False Albie and lost 2 (that were hooked).
    I loose and miss a ridiculous amount of fish.....unfortunately as Darkskies said.
    One time lost 10 fish in a row, after hooked.
    Well. let's not be too hard on ya here....there was one year you managed to catch a few big albies from the surf.....it was a poor year for albies...very few others were caught from the surf....so that's pretty damn talented right there....
    I know you're telling the truth about the missed fish...and in each case it was probably a larger bass...
    I would love to hear a Hogy story from you that had a happy ending, for once, though...

Quote Originally Posted by hookset View Post
    Would love to hear more about dark's fails as well. If he sleeps in porto potties does he smell like crap or just the stale onion smell of underarm stink.
    All part of a carefully cultivated image, hookset...so I get to fish alone and no one is interested in what I'm catching or doing out there at night....
    I smell as bad.....as one could imagine....think of the mud flats on a hot summer night....low tide....as you drive past them.....combine that with the stink in a storm sewer after a heavy rain......

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    This is less busting balls than a question. DS and FC have not had a battle royale in some time. What gives did DS become a born again christian or something?
    Nope, I'm still the same crab I have always been....Fin hasn't changed either.....right now there are more important things than bickering....
    BTW, when was the last time you went to church, bababooey? ...Jesus loves ya!

People, can you spare a $ for Monty?
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...getting-caught

We're collecting for his anticipated bail funds.
    He's gone off the deep end and may soon be living in his SUV for days on a time at Montauk....
    It's only a matter of time before he needs bail $$..
    In light of all the great double header fish and sunrise pics he's posted here over the years, and googan awareness... I think we should help him out.....
    Any amount is appreciated.....$1, $2, $5...whatever you can spare.....

I'll kick in $5.

I smell as bad.....as one could imagine....think of the mud flats on a hot summer night....low tide....as you drive past them.....combine that with the stink in a storm sewer after a heavy rain......
    No wonder finchaser had to clean his car after you sat in there

Nope, I'm still the same crab I have always been....Fin hasn't changed either.....right now there are more important things than bickering....
    BTW, when was the last time you went to church, bababooey? ...Jesus loves ya!
    Sorry buddy, I get my religion from beautiful women. When I'm dining between the legs of a hottie, that's heaven right there.

I'm in for 5 as well. monty if you can moon some public officials before they put on the handcuffs I'll give 25. If you somehow make the local papers, put me down for 100 in bail relief.

I smell as bad.....as one could imagine....the stink in a storm sewer after a heavy rain......
    I have to say Rich you are sometimes way TMI. As bad as the latrine cleaning scene in jarhead? I take back my invite to come fishing at the Canal.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dc1d11bef1de424f8a8a9b11cb96ec82.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	18768

Eww that was so gross dogfish. I am eating my lunch now. I remember that scene! Almost puked, thanks for nothing dude.

^^^^^You are quite welcome. He teed it up and I went for it. Too easy, slam dunk. I also have pics of some astounding dumps that I took over the years. I will save them for the meatmen thread when the bunker livelining googans come back to defend their huge piles of dead cow bass at the dock.

We're collecting for his anticipated bail funds.
    He's gone off the deep end and may soon be living in his SUV for days on a time at Montauk....
    It's only a matter of time before he needs bail $$..
    In light of all the great double header fish and sunrise pics he's posted here over the years, and googan awareness... I think we should help him out.....
    Any amount is appreciated.....$1, $2, $5...whatever you can spare.....
    Well thank you for the support

Since we are taking up collections maybe we should think about the odds of some of the members here ending up needing bail?

1. Lets start with Dark, maybe he should start a collection for himself as I find him an overwhelming favorite. Like 1:1 odds
    Lets see, most likely to throw someone in the drink, most likely to trespass and use someones porta-john (and fall a sleep in it and be arrested for trespassing and squatting (like in squatters taking over a place (pun intended)).
    Most likely S and A member to assault a bait caster throwing bait in a location where it is frowned upon
    If you are in a boat and hear someone yelling at you "hey captain", you are likely 5 seconds away from an all out altercation that could result in a trip to the brink.

2. Bababooey 2:1.......For reasons spread all over this site its likely a miracle Dark hasn't bailed you out yet.

3. Storminsteve, Sorry but I have you at 8:1, your embarrassment at just trying to be top 3 in dead thing finding (and maybe hanging on to 3rd place) leaves me and others wondering what you will do.....

4. fishinmission78, 8:1, One jeep on the beach with its headlights on at night away from a trip to the pokey

5. JB 50:1, After swearing off Gulp for a month and then a week or so in admitting he is off the wagon.....who knows what he is capable of

6. Finchaser, 500:1, most likely to make Dark disappear......but with his connections no one will ask questions

Just a few , ran out of time......will add to later
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Sick thread, more please.
    Have a great weekend fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    4. fishinmission78, 8:1, One jeep on the beach with its headlights on at night away from a trip to the pokey
    That was funny right there. I think when I wrote that I said something about dont try this at home, or try at your own risk. They do have police at island beach that are no nonsense so they really would lock you up or give you a series of tickets. This thread , All good fun tho. You wrote some good ones. Can't wait to see what the respective ball-bustees will say to defend themselves. You and I must have posted at the same time because initially I didn't see this. Keep up the good work.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast