Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Stripers And Anglers Ball Busting thread

Where the hell is the dark one? Must have fell into a porta john and no one can find him. No reports from him at all its like he's gone awol. bueller, bueller? Dark are you fishing any more or keeping the bite to yourself and finchaser?

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    Where the hell is the dark one? Must have fell into a porta john and no one can find him.
    A most likely scenario given past performance.
    (Just kidding, DS)

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...barbs-on-hooks

Give the poor schoolies a sporting chance, Monty. .......

Some guys fish wire line trolling for bass.....it's the only way some of them can find fish.....or way to find fish when they are scattered or not evident feeding on the top....
    (I trolled out there for years as well, so no finger pointing here....)....it's just not a challenge or sporting to me.....so I stopped doing it when on a boat.....

Give them poor schoolies a sporting chance, Monty. .......

Where the hell is the dark one? Must have fell into a porta john and no one can find him. No reports from him at all its like he's gone awol. bueller, bueller? Dark are you fishing any more or keeping the bite to yourself and finchaser?
    Nope, I've given up fishing till the Spring, Steve ......
    There's no keeping the bite to myself because any bite I find is so inconsistent......
    My last good night out I had 12 fish to 13#...but it took 10 hours of all- night fishing to find those fish.....

Every night, after an 18 hour day, I make the attempt to get out there....but usually after finishing up the late nights of construction and rehab, I'm dozing within 15 minutes......(have attempted to get out for a bit.....no less than 7 times in the past 2 weeks and failed)....
    I suck......

Where the hell is the dark one? Must have fell into a porta john and no one can find him. No reports from him at all its like he's gone awol.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishinmission78 View Post
    A most likely scenario given past performance.
    (Just kidding, DS)
    The first rule of sleeping in porta johns, Steve and FnM.....is if you fall in....ya don't talk about it......

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Nope, I've given up fishing till the Spring, Steve ......
    There's no keeping the bite to myself because any bite I find is so inconsistent......
    My last good night out I had 12 fish to 13#...but it took 10 hours of all- night fishing to find those fish.....
    All night? Sounds like a good night of fishing for me.
    That may be considered epic for the next few ears until the bass stocks rebound......if they do.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

There's so much interest in this thread.....despite some of the harsh mud slinging we're doing here.....you people manage to keep it civil......thank you sincerely.......

(some of ya's won't understand the hidden meanings in some of these topics....that's OK. we don't mind if ya's can keep up or not) .....

Some of these gems will be revealed in the
    Winter stories.......
    We've had a lot of adventures throughout the year....
    Speaking for myself.....I came close to death more than once.....from pushing it to the limit on fishing trips....
    But we're all still here....so far.......

To freshen things up a bit......
    Some ideas for Winter topics......and Questions.....

1. How to save your life when you went too far on a fishing trip.....Robinson Crusoe style....

2. How to make last minute death defying lane changes on the Parkway when your mind is so filled with crap ya can't remember where you wanted to fish that night....

3. Sailors and handcuffs.....

4. Pork - if you keep repeating the term does it make you a better fisherman?

5. Montauk - what qualifies you as one of the "regulars" there?

6. Will some people ever learn to find fish without cell phones and facebook?

7. Will some Capts ever learn that by repeating "The striped bass are stronger than ever" when everyone else is having reasonable discussions why they are not.......their credibility and integrity is severely diminished....

8. Will the members on this site ever stop vying for "Googan of the Year", "Dead thing finder of the Year"....and instead work on achieving World Peace?

9. Dark, what's up with all that Handyman stuff you are posting? Is this the site gonna become the new Home Improvement Channel?

10. Fishing mentor program, will there be an initiation or is it open to all applicants? Does one need to be criminally insane to fish with you, or read your legendary 3000 word posts?

11. Will the masses continue to fish in NJ when it's no longer known as the Spring blitz capital of the East Coast? What happens if the sand eels never show up in the surf zone again, will folks sell their gear?

12. The Women of Walmart - Winter tutorial, discussion led by Rip Plugger....

13. What does it take to be a die-hard fisherman?

14. If you are a Conservationist, does that make you Gay or a PETA member?

15. Will Finchaser ever have a change of heart about Obama, and volunteer his time as an Obama ambassador?

16. Will Bababooey ever do a Jon Gosselin and leave his wife for a younger woman?

17. Will Surfwalker be able to finally steal a moment away to take a walk down at the wetline (no judgement here....he's had an extremely difficult year....I'm just praying to God to give this guy a break)

18. Will the Old Farts Fishing Club ever again run into the huge amounts of 30-40 lb bass they used to see caught off the Cape Cod beaches before the Moratorium?

19. Why are fishermen so vocal on the internet but so Apathetic when it comes to working for Changes in real life?

20. Can you really fish 1/2 mile out in the Bay without getting run over by a boat or ferry?

21. Will Surfstix ever transition from a Crabby Old Basstid to a plain Ornery Old Basstid?

22. When will "Are you freaking done with that house yet?" not be met with the same boring answer?

feel free to add your own questions, or bust balls if you can relate to the thoughts.....

8. Will the members on this site ever stop vying for "Googan of the Year", "Dead thing finder of the Year"....and instead work on achieving World Peace?
    Forget about world peace, The animosity between recreational fisherman and the commercials (charter and party boat fisherman) will sky rocket in the next few years.
    As far Googan of the year for 2014, Darkskies in a run away. The sad thing about that is you didn't get a chance to fish a lot late in the year.......no telling what you would have done.......

And I win the Dead things of the year for 2014, my Montauk trip with all the dead bass carcasses kind of sealed it.

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...2574#post82574

3. Sailors and handcuffs.....
    New S&M club in the Village?

11. Will the masses continue to fish in NJ when it's no longer known as the Spring blitz capital of the East Coast? What happens if the sand eels never show up in the surf zone again, will folks sell their gear?
    Honestly I hope they all quit. I have seen at least 10 posts on the internet where guys complain about the high end gear they purcased to catch 22" bass this fall. If you can't catch fish outside of a bunker blitz or sandeels in the wash don't expect me to feel sorry for you. In fact those J/Os are exactly whats wrong with fishing in NJ today, bunker and report chasing fags. My opinion only.

T
    World peace is too unfulfulling and never really works anyway. Look at Israel and Palestine, duking it out for centuries with only a few breaks in between. Far better to achieve immortality as googan of the year or dead things finder. These are much more prestigious!

7. Will some Capts ever learn that by repeating "The striped bass are stronger than ever" when everyone else is having reasonable discussions why they are not.......their credibility and integrity is severely diminished....
    Not as long as there are boat payments to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    And I win the Dead things of the year for 2014, my Montauk trip with all the dead bass carcasses kind of sealed it.

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...2574#post82574
    Not so fast there Mr Montauk! I say if you had to fish the same places as the rest of us, I would have won! But you did make the extra effort and had a good year finding dead things. You really came through in a clutch. As runner up I have to congratulate you on your hard work. Be prepared to eat my dust next year.

Not so fast there Mr Montauk! I say if you had to fish the same places as the rest of us, I would have won! But you did make the extra effort and had a good year finding dead things. You really came through in a clutch. As runner up I have to congratulate you on your hard work. Be prepared to eat my dust next year.
    Your graciousness in defeat is admirable Storminsteve. It reminds me of a Richard Nixon quote "Defeat doesn't finish a man, quit does. A man is not finished when he's defeated. He's finished when he quits."

I look forward to the 2015 Dead Things Challenge, You have Jersey, I have Long Island.......I miss it already....

^^^^^ Oh come on why don't you 2 get a room together and sing kumbaya?
    What happened to competitiveness. When you are against someone else competing you take no prisoners. grind them into the dust. That's what I want to see. Not salutations and sweetness. Toughen up campers there is only room for 1 number one. Someone has to be the loser. Finishing 2nd never got anyone the sweet endorsement deals that the first place athletes got. Remember that.

Wait till next year jig. I am the KING of finding dead things. We had some bad storms this fall but that didn't bring enough dead things ashore because the fish were too far off and scattered. Sometimes they come from the belford pirates too I think and I don't think the pirate boats got out too much this fall with the weather. Wait till next year I will be starting in March and scouting the beaches in cold February. Monty doesn't stand a chance! He had to drive all the way to Montauk to find things this year. If you just consider NJ I would have won. Monty does post some nice pictures though, so I gave him some kudos. Next year will be different the year of Steve!

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post

I look forward to the 2015 Dead Things Challenge, You have Jersey, I have Long Island.......I miss it already....

I look forward to it too dude. Prepare to be schooled!

You guys are pikers, all talk. Next year it's first place or bust for me. Dark if I win I want a trophy!

Funny stuff. If there was a like feature I would hit the button for this thread.

12. The Women of Walmart - Winter tutorial, discussion led by Rip Plugger....

13. What does it take to be a die-hard fisherman?

16. Will Bababooey ever do a Jon Gosselin and leave his wife for a younger woman?
    12 - The women of walmart have stained underwear and t-shirts, no? Please share some details would love to hear more.
    13- cell phone network
    16- no sir I backed up the Brinks truck when I met her so I'm in for the long haul. I do like different flavors of ice cream, though.

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    12 - The women of walmart have stained underwear and t-shirts, no? Please share some details would love to hear more.
    I'll try to get Roddy to stop by in the Winter months, ask him if he'd be charitable enough to post a tutorial on shopping for MILFS.

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    You guys are pikers, all talk. Next year it's first place or bust for me. Dark if I win I want a trophy!
    I have the perfect trophy for ya.....
    Take a look at the icon , and picture where he's trying to draw your attention to.....fill in the blanks...

(it's fairly easy for me to create internet awards for you mooks.......so if that makes ya happy, I'll try to whip something up, for the next winner.)

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast