Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stripers And Anglers Ball Busting thread

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Well thank you for the support

Since we are taking up collections maybe we should think about the odds of some of the members here ending up needing bail?

1. Lets start with Dark, maybe he should start a collection for himself as I find him an overwhelming favorite. Like 1:1 odds
    Lets see, most likely to throw someone in the drink, most likely to trespass and use someones porta-john (and fall a sleep in it and be arrested for trespassing and squatting (like in squatters taking over a place (pun intended)).
    Most likely S and A member to assault a bait caster throwing bait in a location where it is frowned upon
    If you are in a boat and hear someone yelling at you "hey captain", you are likely 5 seconds away from an all out altercation that could result in a trip to the brink.

2. Bababooey 2:1.......For reasons spread all over this site its likely a miracle Dark hasn't bailed you out yet.

3. Storminsteve, Sorry but I have you at 8:1, your embarrassment at just trying to be top 3 in dead thing finding (and maybe hanging on to 3rd place) leaves me and others wondering what you will do.....

4. fishinmission78, 8:1, One jeep on the beach with its headlights on at night away from a trip to the pokey

5. JB 50:1, After swearing off Gulp for a month and then a week or so in admitting he is off the wagon.....who knows what he is capable of

6. Finchaser, 500:1, most likely to make Dark disappear......but with his connections no one will ask questions

Just a few , ran out of time......will add to later

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!! so damn funny! LOLOLOLOLOL- Monty you nailed these guys. I'm disappointed you didn't say anything about me isn't there anything I can say or do to convince you otherwise? OK I got it no one does a better job of hooking themselves in the hand than you do! Let the games begin! Still laughing, this is hilarious!

Good thread enjoyed it. Some of you guys seem like the Hells Angels. They were good soldiers but when the war ended they couldn't kill for their country any more so they had to find a way to channel the aggression. They turned to motorcycles and the rest is written in history. I hesitate to think where some of you would be if you could not fish. Wishing everyone a great holiday weekend.

Well thank you for the support

Since we are taking up collections maybe we should think about the odds of some of the members here ending up needing bail?

2. Bababooey 2:1.......For reasons spread all over this site its likely a miracle Dark hasn't bailed you out yet.
    Pffftt- monty I am always one step ahead of the law! Any ladies I see, I make sure I ask them if they are a cop first. If they answer no and then bust me its entrapment. I merely help sweet young ladies with their college tuition. Nothing more nothing less.
    buckethead are you saying some of us are motorcycle crazies like the Hell's Angels?
    Not me I drive a mercedes!

Only bourgeois fags drive Mercedes, dude. Just kidding.
    this is the way to go, classic Angels movie. Back when gas was 33c/gallon. Stupidest ending ever, though.

Loved that movie. I changed my mind. I'll be the leader of this motley crew if I can be Jack Nicholson. He's smooth and suave, and smells good just like I do, Eff ds he couldn't stay on top. He would have to take too many showers. Who's voting for me?

^^^ Dude you couldn't be top dog you are too busy banging hookers. What do you fish like 10 times a year? Fair weather fisherman. smh.

lol funny stuff keep it coming!

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    They turned to motorcycles and the rest is written in history. I hesitate to think where some of you would be if you could not fish. Wishing everyone a great holiday weekend.
    buckethead we wud all be institutionilized! even mike muir isnt afraid to show the moon

haha i love this fishinmisson or monty u shudnt be shy to moon sum dude. if the guy deserves it go for it. we used to ride around in ledheads van and when we saw sum pretty boys from deal or rumson driving daddys bmws i would stick my *** out the front window n moon the doofuses you got to be careful dont drive around smoking trees when u do that cause u dont want to get searched if they pull u over but we did it anyways. show the moon and be free!

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    ^^^ Dude you couldn't be top dog you are too busy banging hookers. What do you fish like 10 times a year? Fair weather fisherman. smh.
    I am with you I don't think Bababooey actually fishes.

Monty you should be a screen writer in Hollywood. That's some rare, untapped talent in that banana-head of yours.
    Where do I begin? I can't refute it if it's true....I'll just have to own it and live with it....

A. Bait fishing where others are plugging, inlets, or areas of strong current...
    I fished bait for many years and thought I was a hot shot because every time I used bait I would catch something...IF I sat there long enough...
    Then, fishing artificials, you realize how hard it really is, to catch fish on artificials consistently....
    These guys were fishing an area of strong current...fastest part of the tide...
    That guy....that night....didn't want to listen to reason.....I tried....(that's the important rule I try to live by...Diplomacy first....when it fails, well....enough said)
    So yes I did get a little hostile with him....and he moved....

Later, bunker appeared in front of us.....literally thousands...the most that have been there all season...brought in by this particular shift in wind pattern......I was snagging or hitting bunker every cast.....he was fishing his clams, unaware of the bounty that was in front of him...
    I eventually snagged 2 bunker and tossed them to him as we left to go fish somewhere else......
    Probably a recognition of the guilt I felt, that I had to yell at him a bit....but also a reflection of who I am...Even if forced to yell at someone, I truly want to help those, who are respectful of others....

The nicest version of me....is on the internet...when I'm on my best behavior....
    In real life, I'm not shy about offering my opinion...or getting involved when someone is being an idiot, kicking a fish, brutalizing bluefish because they're angry they caught them instead of a striped bass....etc....

I have had run-in's with Capts online when they try to mis-inform the folks out there that the striped bass pop is healthy...
    And real-life confrontations with poachers, or those who think they can fish however they want, when there are others around and are affected by what they do....but....
    ** I own all of my behavior....and if I died tomorrow, would be happy with these choices....

B. Capts sharing the water with Shore anglers -
    Yep my "Hey Capt!" routine is well-known....
    The latest was Memorial Day weekend.....bluefish in a river....(important part of the story - they were all over)....and a Capt with superiority complex decided to mug us because we were catching bluefish......I got involved because I was there.....A Dad was out for the first time that season with his 2 sons, trying to get them into the good blue action we were having.....this "Capt" repeatedly had to drift on the side where 6 of us were fishing....
    As I said, fish were throughout the river.....and yet this Capt came to mug us..because he saw us catching.....
    The kids almost got their gear caught up in his props at one point, and they were intimidated into short casting whenever he drifted by trying to fish near the bulkhead...

So I started with my "Hey Capt!" greeting.....which is always diplomatic, polite and respectful.....as long as that diplomacy is returned....
    He took umbrage at my suggesting that fish were all over the river, and could he please show some respect to this Dad and his 2 boys?
    We all know what happened next.......words were exchanged....he ended up moving...Pebbles got mad at me....
    But....the Dad and his sons...got the chance to fish in peace....that wouldn't have been the case had I not spoken up.....

These are only 2 of many examples of my outspoken-ness when I meet anyone in person out there who thinks rules and courtesy don't apply to them....
    Yes, as Monty has heard.....it ain't pretty.....
    But what's the alternative?.....keep it locked inside?.....not say anything?....and then come home and rant about it on the internet?
    Meanwhile the person who stepped on others, will not be aware of the issues he was causing for other fishermen.....and possibly keep on doing it.....

So....
    This further fosters the realization that folks should not want to fish with me.....
    I'm not into talking, chatting, tea and crumpets, or extended conversations when fishing.....
    It's all about the fishing, to me....my fishing time is so precious I don't want anything to interfere with that.....

BTW, Monty....
    You really do know me....
    I'm so glad I only tell ya about 25% of what happens to me out there.....the rest I'm saving for a book some day....
    Thanks for the laughs.......
    I see some of the others haven't chimed in yet....but it looks like you nailed them, too.....Great characterizations.....well-done!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post

B. Capts sharing the water with Shore anglers -
    Yep my "Hey Capt!" routine is well-known....
    The latest was Memorial Day weekend.....bluefish in a river....(important part of the story - they were all over)....and a Capt with superiority complex decided to mug us because we were catching bluefish......I got involved because I was there.....A Dad was out for the first time that season with his 2 sons, trying to get them into the good blue action we were having.....this "Capt" repeatedly had to drift on the side where 6 of us were fishing....
    As I said, fish were throughout the river.....and yet this Capt came to mug us..because he saw us catching.....
    The kids almost got their gear caught up in his props at one point, and they were intimidated into short casting whenever he drifted by trying to fish near the bulkhead...

So I started with my "Hey Capt!" greeting.....which is always diplomatic, polite and respectful.....as long as that diplomacy is returned....
    He took umbrage at my suggesting that fish were all over the river, and could he please show some respect to this Dad and his 2 boys?
    We all know what happened next.......words were exchanged....he ended up moving...Pebbles got mad at me....
    But....the Dad and his sons...got the chance to fish in peace....that wouldn't have been the case had I not spoken up.....

These are only 2 of many examples of my outspoken-ness when I meet anyone in person out there who thinks rules and courtesy don't apply to them....
    Yes, as Monty has heard.....it ain't pretty.....
    But what's the alternative?.....keep it locked inside?.....not say anything?....and then come home and rant about it on the internet?
    Meanwhile the person who stepped on others, will not be aware of the issues he was causing for other fishermen.....and possibly keep on doing it.....
    Wow this really got to me. Spot on DS. You have all these guys that have something happen right in front of them. No comments or confrontation. Then you read the thread online how they are ranting and ranting. Internet p**sies. Whats the point of the internet thread if you don't have the balls to stand up to someone IRL?
    I agree with what you did. Don't know exactly what you said, doesn't matter. I would of done the same thing.
    During the 2012 bunker biltzes in jetty country there were a few guys who did this. We would be hooked up to a school of bass and then the boats would come along and cut the bunker off on our side! W*F man! We could of all fished those bunker pods if they had just went to the east of the pod and took that position. I have gotten in loads of shouting matches when captains do this and bring extra sinkers with me in case more motivation is needed. We all should share the water and the fish. They have no right to come in and mug a pile of fish if surf fishermen were there first. And they do it all the time.
    No need to apologize dude I would do the same thing. Will gladly go hand to hand with any captain who has a problem with it as well.

Monty your rants are funny as hell. Keep em coming.

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    Pffftt- monty I am always one step ahead of the law! Any ladies I see, I make sure I ask them if they are a cop first. If they answer no and then bust me its entrapment. I merely help sweet young ladies with their college tuition. Nothing more nothing less.
    buckethead are you saying some of us are motorcycle crazies like the Hell's Angels?
    OMG this is a funny thread. This guy is seeing hookers and writing it off like he is helping college girls with their tuition! lol! I wonder if he uses it as a tax write off too! I love this, you can bust my balls if you want. darkskies I am a bait fisherman and proud! When you fish the Delaware river you have to use bait because most of the time its muddy and the only way to catch. Its all good! monty say some more funny stuff you def have a knack for it.

This further fosters the realization that folks should not want to fish with me.....
    I'm not into talking, chatting, tea and crumpets, or extended conversations when fishing.....
    It's all about the fishing, to me....my fishing time is so precious I don't want anything to interfere with that.....BTW, Monty....
    You really do know me....
    I'm so glad I only tell ya about 25% of what happens to me out there.....the rest I'm saving for a book some day....
    Thanks for the laughs.......
    I see some of the others haven't chimed in yet....but it looks like you nailed them, too.....Great characterizations.....well-done!
    Dark, I have fished with you a few times. And whether its been in gale force winds, walking distances that we do not want to mention, etc, , etc, it has always been fun. Always a great time and I am serious about that. As I get older hopefully you will continue our fishing trips (inside joke ). And as for that 25% that you tell me, hey I have a bunch of other stuff that I am holding back on, if I put it all out at one time they would all think your a fictional character And I have learned from your writing skills, never put it all out there, keep everyone in suspense...... Remember the headless torso story you wrote.......Jeesh didn't that take 6 months for you to finish?
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by surferman View Post
    OMG this is a funny thread. This guy is seeing hookers and writing it off like he is helping college girls with their tuition! lol! .
    X2 it's like a group of misfits who just happen to fish. Great idea for a fishing show. Much better than the Bill Dance specials I have seen though his bloopers are quite funnny.

Quote Originally Posted by surferman View Post
    This guy is seeing hookers and writing it off like he is helping college girls with their tuition! lol! I wonder if he uses it as a tax write off too!
    bababooey I rest my case, and changing you to even money like Dark.

And babooey fishes, he has been trying to get on Finchaser's hotline for years. Boats and riding the beach if I am not mistaken.

I'll be the leader of this motley crew if I can be Jack Nicholson. He's smooth and suave, and smells good just like I do, Eff ds he couldn't stay on top. He would have to take too many showers. Who's voting for me?
    1. I'll gladly turn over the reigns of this site to you or anyone else who thinks they can do better. It's a thankless job,
    a. getting rid of spammers every day, (which have multiplied as this site becomes more visible and popular with daily visits). Just let me know when you want to trade lives, pal.

b. Organizing and copying posts from one thread to the other so searching for useful material is pretty painless and productive here.

2. It's also thankless, ignoring various new product designers who want me to try their products and promote them because they know I fish a lot.(That's why I don't like to accept free stuff that often, and if you see me talking about a particular plug or innovation, it's because I have tested it and feel that it gives fishermen an advantage....
    **The simple truth, with all the tackle innovations out there.....a redfin or loaded redfin, or a bucktail with small grub, or small rubber on a jighead..... will catch fish
    more consistently in our NJ waters, than 75% of the new gimmicks out there....remember that the next time you are drooling over the latest new plug to come out....In most cases....
    **It's the fisherman who catches the fish consistently...NOT that fancy new plug...

3. They say if you put your troubles on the table with everyone else, in the end you would not trade for the life of another...you would take your own troubles back...anyone who wants some of my troubles. and wants to trade lives and positions....feel free to get in touch any time....

Dark, I have fished with you a few times. And whether its been in gale force winds, walking distances that we do not want to mention, etc, , etc, it has always been fun. Always a great time and I am serious about that. ...... if I put it all out at one time they would all think your a fictional character And I have learned from your writing skills, never put it all out there, keep everyone in suspense...... Remember the headless torso story you wrote.......Jeesh didn't that take 6 months for you to finish?
    Thanks for the kind words....would fish with you any time as well....because we each do our own thing while out there, and are not dependent on each other....lately the adventures are so bizzare it's almost like they can't be true..it's surreal.....but when you spend a lot of time out there fishing....you tend to see some unusual things........

Thanks for the kind words....would fish with you any time as well....because we each do our own thing while out there, and are not dependent on each other....lately the adventures are so bizzare it's almost like they can't be true..it's surreal.....but when you spend a lot of time out there fishing....you tend to see some unusual things........
    Yes, we see a lot of crazy things out there.
    I remember one morning I was fishing and walking to a different spot and I see a guy standing next to a 4 foot x 6 foot piece of Styrofoam.
    All of a sudden I see him take out his knife and go medieval on it .
    Only thing I can equate this to is someone who has Tourettes syndrome, except with a knife.
    Anyone fishing with a guy like that should keep a good 6-10 feet from him at all times. Maybe some kind of non-mugging/self defense tactic?
    Its a crazy world we fish in.

when you spend a lot of time out there fishing....you tend to see some unusual things........
    The latest unuaual things, and goog observations.....will talk about them in detail in the coming months....

1. The friend I was fishing with dropped his good pliers recently one night on the bay flats....I dove into 3 1/2' of water to find them and miraculously did get them back for him....spending the rest of the night with wet ba**s because water got past my wader belt.....Oh what a glorious feeling.

2. Last night, the beginning of Sept, a horseshoe crab tried to hump my wading boot. The water was slightly murky. The first time I recognized it and kicked it away with my boot. Within 2 seconds something was back humping my foot again. Since I know they are slow moving, I didn't realize it was the crab being pushed by the current. I almost jumped out of my skin as I got hit the 2nd time in the inky blackness, overcast skies. I probably let out a high pitched scream as well. A few minutes later I'm berating myself for getting spooked by such a harmless creature. What a freaking goog I am sometimes.

3. More bird stories...ya just can't make this stuff up, it is so bizarre....

a. 2 nights ago we find a distressed seagull. We examine it to possibly help cut line that was entangling it. Turns out there was no line at all. It was a one legged seagull, probably losing the other leg to a big bluefish at one time. It's main problem was a broken wing which really cut down on mobility. My friend who was there that night told me we should wring it's neck to put it out of it's misery before an animal got to it and ate it.

I thought about it, but didn't have the heart to do it....thought it might have a chance to recover.
    When we got back that night to where we left, it was gone.....we assumed an animal had attacked it and carried it away....

Last night, on the way to the water.....we saw that damn seagull again!!....miraculously it had survived........and it's wing had healed a bit so it could hop and fly short distances again. Amazing....ya just can't make this stuff up.

b. Another wounded bird....on the way from one place to another on the flats....we found a wounded sea-bird...it looked like it had a giant fish, or stick protruding out of it's mouth....held it down for examination, tried to remove the "stick", found out it had broken it's beak, probably on a high speed dive into the water chasing fish, or something like that.....
    We checked it over, decided there was nothing else we could do, and let it go.....my friend went to fish in another direction, and this bird tried to land on him twice (he's a very big guy, the bird must have mistaken him for a bulkhead piling).

Did I give my friend any sympathy when this happened????? .....Nope........laughed at him in my loudest laugh...... gave him a new name...the "Bird whisperer"

c. On the way back one night, after traipsing through back bay tick infested and overgrown trails, just so we could fish some isolated places where there might be a few fish....we see a pair of large yellow eyes scouting us from the tree 20 feet above us....as we checked it out more....we discovered we were being spied on by a large owl.....pretty cool, and one of the highlights of a slow trip...

I remember one morning I was fishing and walking to a different spot and I see a guy standing next to a 4 foot x 6 foot piece of Styrofoam.
    All of a sudden I see him take out his knife and go medieval on it .
    Only thing I can equate this to is someone who has Tourettes syndrome, except with a knife.
    Anyone fishing with a guy like that should keep a good 6-10 feet from him at all times. Maybe some kind of non-mugging/self defense tactic?
    Its a crazy world we fish in.
    Yep I agree, that's a dangerous guy, not to be trusted.....
    Do ya think it was possible, that he lost the end cap to his rod when he set it down in the styrofoam....to take a leak? and THAT'S what he was digging into the styrofoam for?

Either way, a guy like that sounds unbalanced.... someone you would definitely not want to fish with.....and avoid at all costs....

Yep I agree, that's a dangerous guy, not to be trusted.....
    Do ya think it was possible, that he lost the end cap to his rod when he set it down in the styrofoam....to take a leak? and THAT'S what he was digging into the styrofoam for?
    Either way, a guy like that sounds unbalanced.... someone you would definitely not want to fish with.....and avoid at all costs....
    I still can't stop laughing every time I think about it (laughing now and the cats are looking at me like I'm nuts).

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast