Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Stripers And Anglers Ball Busting thread

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Was exactly what I was looking for. I have rearranged the surf bag for maximum needle transport/carry. Also discussed my new plan with Dark on what to do if I catch a fish. Also have to put in motion that each trip out there i take 2 less plugs. Its all a lot clearer now.........
    ^ Now I feel bad busting your balls with all you've been through in the last 48 hrs.
    You explained it all so well to me over the phone.....with specific reasons and detail for every style and color...and the pride you take in using up every inch of space in the tubes.......no way I could get a word in edgewise...
    You have come a long way compared to what you used to carry.....
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...-surf-bag-Poll

But so have I....that's why I used to carry that white googan bucket..(picture in post 7)
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...=googan+bucket
    ......it was hard for me to pare down the gear if I knew I might be walking long distances out there all night and into daylight as well.......took me a long time to learn to simplify....

Monty can only get out to fish once a week.....it's anticipated for 6 nights before that, and each night another plug goes into the bag....
    I just didn't want to see ya work so hard for the fish you catch.....or tax your bionic shoulder.........but respect your wishes to do it your way......Via the Frank Sinatra song....

I'm glad everything turned out OK for ya last night. pal.......thoughts and prayers....

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    ^ Now I feel bad busting your balls with all you've been through in the last 48 hrs.
    You explained it all so well to me over the phone.....with specific reasons and detail for every style and color...and the pride you take in using up every inch of space in the tubes.......no way I could get a word in edgewise...
    Seriously??
    Word edge wise. Its like 650:1....on a call I get to talk some
    Not to worry, sometimes by the time I get to talk I forget what we started to talk about.
    Thanks for the call, appreciate it and its all in good fun.
    Fishing with JB is like fishing with "the voice of reason". When he said that there was to many needles in there, that it was a bit excessive (believe me I see the humor in this). Think what happened is I saw some room in the bag and just started shoving needles in to fill the space.....yeah, that's what happened....19 of them......It was a weak moment, loss of logic, one time event. That's what happened
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Seriously??
    Forget about it...Dark tries to tell us we never shut up but the truth is its impossible to get a word in once he starts talking!

As for the 20 needles if your back can handle all the extra weight go for it. Truthfully, mine can't...I need to loose some weight.

If I remember correctly Monty was going through a needle fetish last year,trying to figure out how a stick of wood could be so productive at times,if i also remember he was doing alright with them.I can't imagine trying to get a word in edge wise fishing with Rich,Someone said the shirt shut up and fish was designed for fishing with him lol..I carry a lot of needles also Monty don't feel bad but then then again my surf bag is quite small compared to yours.I think yours can handle at least 50 plugs.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
    If I remember correctly Monty was going through a needle fetish last year,trying to figure out how a stick of wood could be so productive at times,if i also remember he was doing alright with them.I can't imagine trying to get a word in edge wise fishing with Rich,Someone said the shirt shut up and fish was designed for fishing with him lol..I carry a lot of needles also Monty don't feel bad but then then again my surf bag is quite small compared to yours.I think yours can handle at least 50 plugs.

Had 40 "Plugs" (plastic and wood)
    At least 14 metals (Avas, etc).
    And 8 Hogys.

Was full.
    This week if I get out, will be less.

Really all I need is that yellow Howdy, white SS 2 3/8 oz popper, loaded red fin and some green Avas. But that would not be as much fun.

It is amazing the stick of wood produces so well at times.

Seriously??
    Not to worry, sometimes by the time I get to talk I forget what we started to talk about.
    Thanks for the call, appreciate it and its all in good fun.
    I'm guilty....
    It was a weak moment, loss of logic, one time event. That's what happened
    Senior moment? Try some Geritol.

Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
    .I can't imagine trying to get a word in edge wise fishing with Rich,Someone said the shirt shut up and fish was designed for fishing with him lol..I carry a lot of needles also Monty don't feel bad but then then again my surf bag is quite small compared to yours.I think yours can handle at least 50 plugs.
    Yep, Rich...I'm Guilty....
    Just so ya's know...Monty and I have fished together for hours, and not much conversation at all when fishin....too busy working for fish....or walking miles across the flats to find some.....

I may hold the record for non-stop, grumpy chatter........
    but......JB ain't far behind.....a junior Monty or Finchaser in training.....love that righteous anger, JB........welfare cheats, lazy people, JCrew fishermen.....all good topics that I would gladly discuss with ya again....
    Provided I had a fully charged cell phone battery.....
    Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    Forget about it...Dark tries to tell us we never shut up but the truth is its impossible to get a word in once he starts talking!
    As for the 20 needles if your back can handle all the extra weight go for it. Truthfully, mine can't...I need to loose some weight.
    JB....Yep... I'm guilty....
    1. reading is fundamental.... (see quote directly above yours)
    I used less than 500 words in that post.....made the words bigger so you can process the info... (you did burn up my phone battery...pal.)....No problem....conversation was good.....we need young googs like you to keep the arguments going with guys like Mr Fote...
    2. Losing weight....fish with Monty 4 weeks in a row....and I guarantee you'll drop 10 lbs....he's like a freaking machine.....stops casting only to take a leak or gulp another energy drink.........I think we all gain a little extra weight during the summer slow months or the winter...I know I do...

Had 40 "Plugs" (plastic and wood)
    At least 14 metals (Avas, etc).
    And 8 Hogys.

Was full.
    This week if I get out, will be less.

Really all I need is that
    a. yellow Howdy,
    b. white SS 2 3/8 oz popper,
    c. loaded red fin
    d. and some green Avas.

But that would not be as much fun.
    It is amazing the stick of wood produces so well at times.
    e.. ...and a few different sized bucktails.
    f. one or two needles...
    ...and you would catch fish with those few....in that area....
    (How come you drive all the way to Montauk...and ain't bucktailing like I told ya?)

e.. ...and a few different sized bucktails.
    f. one or two needles...
    ...and you would catch fish with those few....in that area....
    (How come you drive all the way to Montauk...and ain't bucktailing like I told ya?)

I don't like fishing bucktails. Sometimes a little, most times I just don't find it fun.
    Maybe I would catch more fish if I did, but I don't care, its about enjoying the trip.
    I go through different phases. Maybe sometime it will include bucktails big time, now very little.
    Sometimes I won't even carry one.

Remember the discussion we had about the contrarian fisherman.

One or two needles? Not 11 or12? Last trip was silly, not sure why I put so many in bag, temporary lapse of common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    Yeah I hope they realize I was just busting too. The guys bust my balls all the time because of the women I choose to sleep with. So what if I am paying for it? I never let online comments get to me. After all this is only the interweb! I prefer to think of it as helping economically disadvantaged women pay for their college tuition. If anyone doesn't like that thats their problem. I am a fat, balding middle age guy who is out of shape and tied up in a loveless marriage with a wedding ring. These interludes help me escape my life for a little while just like fishing helps you take a break from your lives.
    Vive la difference!
    Copied this from the other thread. Man you must have the life. College tuition assistance lol. First time I ever heard that one. You da man!

^^^^^ Bababooey must be ahead of the times. This girl made 180k/yr while stripping in college.

Quote Originally Posted by plugcrazy View Post
    This girl made 180k/yr while stripping in college.
    There is no way she made 180k stripping part time. That's what she told her parents. She was probably on Seeking Arrangement and seeing gentlemen like me and others. Help with college tuition. It's the oldest cliche in the book.

Funny thread gents keep it going! Finchaser gives the seminars on fishing. Bababooey gives the seminars on banging and scoring college chicks! Gotta love the variety of threads here.

Monty's fishing tonight.....he's "only" loading his bag up with 37 or 38 plugs.
    Have any of our comments in this thread, made a difference?

What's your opinion.....

Monty's fishing tonight.....he's "only" loading his bag up with 37 or 38 plugs.
    Have any of our comments in this thread, made a difference?

What's your opinion.....
    2 less than last time, cutting back.
    Next weeks trip will be a big cut back ( temporary).

All you need are the 3 that are catchingAnd maybe a loaded redfin.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

I heard plug collecting can be like doing crack. you can never have enough. While I don't carry that many I have trouble sometimes paring the number down. As far as 38 in one bag? Monty I was wondering if you are an engineer because that sounds like a challenge for an engineering type!

I think DS has jumped off the deep end again.
    Fellas help me bring him back from the precipice.
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...it-Takes/page6

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    Fellas help me bring him back from the precipice.
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...it-Takes/page6
    Maybe he means like when someone gets slammed, beaten to a pulp and then they realize that they must try something else.
    Kinda like when I post my dead things pics from today and how you will feel .
    Mother load.

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    Steve, that's where I seem to live my life....off the deep end.......thanks for noticing....

Maybe he means like when someone gets slammed, beaten to a pulp and then they realize that they must try something else.
    Aah...there seem to be crystals of insight in that sentence.....
    Would that have anything to do with fishing bucktails?
    I noticed JB has generously offered you some......
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...-Reports/page8
    Care to expand on that thought?

Steve, that's where I seem to live my life....off the deep end.......thanks for noticing....

Aah...there seem to be crystals of insight in that sentence.....
    Would that have anything to do with fishing bucktails?
    I noticed JB has generously offered you some......
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...-Reports/page8
    Care to expand on that thought?
    My reluctance in fishing Bucktails really was costing me some fish.
    Thinking I could use a rubber shad or darter, etc. to get and hold in rough current.
    Nope, time to wake up and start using Bucktails when the situation calls for it.
    Like it did a week ago, when a guy was catching decent Bass on them. He would walk them past me as he landed them.
    Each time I would say to myself *@%# you Dark, since he discussed fishing bucktails the day before with me, calling me stubborn.
    So I give up, I was certainly wrong.
    Just like Storminsteve is wrong when he thinks he is a contender in the Dead Things Thread.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast