Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Stripers And Anglers Ball Busting thread

Some more thoughts just popped into my head.......

1. At what age do cats stop being kittens and are no longer cute enough to ignore the rules of the house? And why is putting their heads in the toilet for peeing on the floor such a bad thing?

2. What do some of ya's do in the off season to stop from getting fat?

3. If you go to Montauk to fish with Bill and the "regulars", is there a weight requirement? ie if you gain 25lbs over the Winter, can you be banned from the rocks there?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Some more thoughts just popped into my head.......

1. At what age do cats stop being kittens and are no longer cute enough to ignore the rules of the house? And why is putting their heads in the toilet for peeing on the floor such a bad thing?

2. What do some of ya's do in the off season to stop from getting fat?

3. If you go to Montauk to fish with Bill and the "regulars", is there a weight requirement? ie if you gain 25lbs over the Winter, can you be banned from the rocks there?
    Kittens and cats make the rules, hit the gym more often, in Montauk being mobile and "light" on the feet is a good thing, big time.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

20. Can you really fish 1/2 mile out in the Bay without getting run over by a boat or ferry?
    Or get stuck out there and have to improvise to get back in when the tide has come in and you have miscalculated your return to land?
    I wonder what the master of disaster would do in such case Darkskies?

^He would probably
    Beat himself over the head for being such a Goog, ...
    wonder about dying, and how many people might enjoy the news, ...
    say some prayers to King Neptune....
    put up a firm resolve, a la Robinson Crusoe...to correct the idiotic mis-calculation that put him in that position in the first place....
    And then maybe make some kind of makeshift boat, or something like that......

This is just me thinking out loud on what I would do if faced with those obstacles -Did I pass the test? How many did I get right?

Hey Monty, I had some old friends coming in from out-of-town for the Holidays -
    They're sailors, in the Navy....pretty tough bunch if ya know what I mean......

They were asking me if I knew any local places to eat, pork, pasta, parmesan....stuff like that.......can you or anyone else help me out with some suggestions?

^He would probably
    Beat himself over the head for being such a Goog, ...
    wonder about dying, and how many people might enjoy the news, ...
    say some prayers to King Neptune....
    put up a firm resolve, a la Robinson Crusoe...to correct the idiotic mis-calculation that put him in that position in the first place....
    And then maybe make some kind of makeshift boat, or something like that......

This is just me thinking out loud on what I would do if faced with those obstacles -Did I pass the test? How many did I get right?

Hmmm, what would you (or he ) use for paddles out there?

^^^^^Are they in the navy for real or "in the navy?"
    no offense to the soldiers out there or anyone in the navy just busting your balls dude. Merry Christmas.

This is a better one. Silent but deadly if you don't look closely you miss the point of the entire commercial. Silent assassins.

I can foresee Monty wetsuiting next year getting knocked on his a$$ off his rock the Montauk bug has bitten,a little late though they don't have many fish either.NE at 40 mph pelting rain 10-12 footers hell yeah.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Hmmm, what would you (or he ) use for paddles out there?
    Is the answer "dead horseshoe crab shells", Mr Tribeck?
    Ooh ooh....what did I win??

Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
    I can foresee Monty wetsuiting next year getting knocked on his a$$ off his rock the Montauk bug has bitten....
    Monty in 2015??

http://www.theskisherman.com/

The Skisherman short film from Chandler Kauffman on Vimeo.

Welcome to the official website of The Skisherman, an ongoing documentary film project about an unusual and dangerous form of fishing and the characters who practice it in the waters off of Montauk, NY. The film follows Frank Blasko, a man seemingly built for adversity who finds peace and contentment in conditions that send other fishermen heading home or even calling the Coast Guard. Skishing is a contraction of skiing and fishing, and involves floating in the open water with a rod, fins and some impressive custom made gear, with buoyancy provided only by a wet suit.

So called because a hooked large striped bass tends to drag around a bobbing human before tiring and giving up the fight, skisherman usually target off shore rip tides where the choicest predator fish tend to congregate. It should be mentioned of course that this is mostly done at night and in miserable weather.
    Stay tuned.

For more info about me visit http://chandlerkauffman.com/

Default Looking for Paulie the Postman AKA Paulie Zimno, or "Zim" from Staten Island

^(I was just talking to Frank last night, so I thought I would give Monty something to whet his appetite....)

Also, Frank and I are looking for an old fishing friend of ours, "Paulie the Postman"
    AKA Staten Island Paulie
    AKA Zimno AKA "Paulie Zim"

I've mentioned him several times before in my stories......
    He lives in Staten Island and we can't manage to get in touch despite numerous attempts by us.....
    He had been sick....we're real worried about him,
    ..so in the Christmas Spirit, if anyone has any connection to anyone who knows him......please get in touch with me or Frank....thanks so much, and Merry Christmas to All!

Cool video that dude Blasko sounds hardcore would love to meet him some day. Sorry dont have info on that zim dude. G/L hope you find him. Monty is that where you're headed? I read your long island reports. Jumping on the rocks fishing next to the boats next on your plate?

Quote Originally Posted by fishinmission78 View Post
    Monty is that where you're headed? I read your long island reports. Jumping on the rocks fishing next to the boats next on your plate?
    I would never ever fish near or on a boat (the only good boat is called structure (on the bottom of the ocean)). I would not enjoy skishing.
    Would I ever wear a wet suit......its not in the current plans, but if at some point I think it will add to the experience its possible. For now I just am just enamored with fishing LI.

(the only good boat is called structure (on the bottom of the ocean)).
    lol just tell us how you really feel! Any particular reason why?

^^^^monty just wants more structure to lose lures with? or will the structure make more white water? IDK just guessing. All the best to the stripers and anglers crew for Christmas and the New Year!

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    lol just tell us how you really feel! Any particular reason why?
    Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    ^^^^monty just wants more structure to lose lures with? or will the structure make more white water? IDK just guessing. All the best to the stripers and anglers crew for Christmas and the New Year!

I have a strong (extreme) dislike for boat fisherman. Most (not all) operate their boats in not safe way, they are extremely inconsiderate of other boat fisherman, and their lack of respect for people who fish from shore is unacceptable.

The fact that structure holds fish, I don't mind if the boats are sunk.

I have a strong (extreme) dislike for boat fisherman. Most (not all) operate their boats in not safe way, they are extremely inconsiderate of other boat fisherman, and their lack of respect for people who fish from shore is unacceptable.

The fact that structure holds fish, I don't mind if the boats are sunk.
    Don't you think thats a little harsh. Yes there are a lot of newbies who work on wall st and bought a boat without a clue how to run it. They think you can just put the key in and drive, lol. There are a lot of older responsible folks who have been captains for decades. Why lump them all in the same group? Also, can you say that you have never fished on a boat in your whole life?
    Chip - meet shoulder!

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    12 - The women of walmart have stained underwear and t-shirts, no? Please share some details would love to hear more.
    I'll try to get Roddy to stop by in the Winter months, ask him if he'd be charitable enough to post a tutorial on shopping for MILFS.
    This is my idea of a quality milf. If any of you ever find one of these in wally world please text me or put me on the cell phone intel chain I will be there in a jiff!

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    Don't you think thats a little harsh. Yes there are a lot of newbies who work on wall st and bought a boat without a clue how to run it. They think you can just put the key in and drive, lol. There are a lot of older responsible folks who have been captains for decades. Why lump them all in the same group? Also, can you say that you have never fished on a boat in your whole life?
    Chip - meet shoulder!
    No doubt chip on my shoulder. And I don't think its harsh, its a reality. For those that are considerate try to do something abut the others. And good luck with that because you are out numbered and there is no hope in giving these clowns a sense of responsibility. And its not just newbies, there is an enormous amount of guys who have been fishing for decades that just don't give a **** about anything but themselves out there.

Last time on a boat for me was likely 12 years ago. I really enjoy surf fishing now and have no desire to get on a boat and fish.

Nice video!!!

Nice video bababooey I wouldn't toss her out of bed. She looks good to go.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast