Thread: Montauk video of a fish feeding and getting caught

Default Montauk video of a fish feeding and getting caught

A few of my thoughts.
    Way, way to many people fishing an area for me. I don't enjoy that type of fishing so close to people.
    So at the 11 minute mark, there is a guy casting over people. Why on earth did someone not grab that guys rod and break it in 4 pieces?
    Inconsiderate people like that need to be taught a lesson.
    I would think if Dark was there that guy would be swimming....or running away.
    So the guys rod breaks at the end. Made me laugh.

White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Thats nothing for Montauk should have been another 100 guys then a couple fly rods in between everyone else.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    A few of my thoughts.
    1. Way, way to many people fishing an area for me. I don't enjoy that type of fishing so close to people.

2. So at the 11 minute mark, there is a guy casting over people. Why on earth did someone not grab that guys rod and break it in 4 pieces?

3. I would think if Dark was there that guy would be swimming....or running away.
    So the guys rod breaks at the end. Made me laugh.

My thoughts...
    1. I completely agree. Blitz fishing can seem exciting, but the battling for position gets old after awhile.
    When those around you understand courtesy and working together, it ain't so bad. That's not always the case, though. I haven't fished any blitzes this year, even when I had enough beforehand heads up that I could have been there. Nothing wrong with fishing that way if that's what excites you....
    To each his own, is what I say....

2.I had the same thoughts. Apparently he had already tangled with some of the other fishermen because they are yelling at him. He still didn't get the hint, though.

3. No comment.....maybe.....

Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
    Thats nothing for Montauk should have been another 100 guys then a couple fly rods in between everyone else.
    Yup......he needs to see the all out blitz and "every man for himself" attitudes up at the lighthouse sometimes....there's still time for him to learn....he's up there every weekend now.....

Monty, I see you being inexplicably drawn into one of these things.....you do fish in the daylight and will eventually run into one of these blitzes....
    When that happens....what will ya do?
    Walk away?
    It's easy to say we would...but when you're right among the action about as easy as walking away from free pizza, or ice cream samples.......
    I think we should start a fund to collect bail $$ ahead of time......

That way when I get the text from you at 8am..
    "Rich I got in a bit of a jam, lost my head......some fool jumped right in the white water in front of me and started casting!....I need someone to bail me out..."

I can be there in 3 hours with a readily available bail fund.

Does anyone want to contribute a dollar or two?
    After all the good posts Monty has put up of double header catches and glorious sunrises..
    People, can you spare a $ for Monty?

Also, the most important question here....
    Where is the white water in this video?
    I saw none....

Awesome video thanks for sharing. It seems like the go pro is the best camera for getting videos like that.

The first half of that video shows why everyone should have a fly rod in the car or at least carry a casting egg with them.

Nothing better than breaking your rod on a 10lb fish in front of 100 other people.

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post

Nothing better than breaking your rod on a 10lb fish in front of 100 other people.
    Was waiting for someone else to say that. He broke that rod on a 8-10lb schoolie bass. Wasn't a rod defect it was a fisherman defect. I looked at that segment twice. He's high sticking and really needs to learn how to play his fish better. Montauk goog.

So at the 11 minute mark, there is a guy casting over people. Why on earth did someone not grab that guys rod and break it in 4 pieces?
    Yah saw that too. Did you also hear the other guy yelling "Get the hell out of here! What ya gonna do catch my line again?"
    They should of cut his line or tossed rocks at him. The guy with the striped shirt has no clue. Fishing on the rocks at montauk, no korkers or surf gear. Must have been on a weekend.
    Surfstix I agree. That looks normal when it's on in montauk. There is only one guy casting over their heads. I was expecting to see it 2 and 3 deep.

A few of my thoughts.
    Way, way to many people fishing an area for me. I don't enjoy that type of fishing so close to people.
    "Montauk, where eccentrics gather."
    "I got a hook in my hand, I asked this guy for a hand and he starts clapping"