Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for Sept 2014...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Nice reports fellas great action on the fluke fnm! jb a 5 gallon bucket of crabs is a lot! How do you cook the soft shells do you have any special recipe?

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Nice reports fellas great action on the fluke fnm! jb a 5 gallon bucket of crabs is a lot! How do you cook the soft shells do you have any special recipe?
    I rarely ever get them when they are perfectly soft...so I usually just steam mine up and enjoy. You need a saltwater tank to get them just right. Too much work to fry just a few up IMO. I know I am doing soft shell crab lovers everywhere a disservice but o well...

There is a firefighter who crabs near our spot and if I see him I'll give them to him. I know he enjoys them much more than we do as thats what he mainly targets.

I remember being 15 or 16 and crabbing with my mom when he passed by and saw us with only two crabs in our cooler. We had just started crabbing for the day but I guess he felt bad so he dumped his whole bucket into our cooler. He said he didn't want them and was looking for soft shells. I never forgot that moment and good karma does eventually come back.

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    I remember being 15 or 16 and crabbing with my mom when he passed by and saw us with only two crabs in our cooler. We had just started crabbing for the day but I guess he felt bad so he dumped his whole bucket into our cooler. He said he didn't want them and was looking for soft shells. I never forgot that moment and good karma does eventually come back.
    Right on good karma def comes back. And if you are bad to folks regularly that bad karma will roll up on you like a sombitch. Great crabbing report thats a lot.
    Fished OC for the sunrise today decided to change it up. Managed a few medium blues and a 27 1/2" bass, all went back. All on ava jigs with green tail. Lots of small bait in the water and a few mullet.

Nice going jf! I fished nomooco this morning. Didn't see a lot of mullet but there were oodles of spearing and rainfish you could see them in the waves.
    Ended up with 9 fluke to 17 1/2 " wish the 17 was big enough to pinch the tail but he wouldn't have made keeper so I threw it back. double gulp on bucktail and teaser. White. There were some fish busting out far but I really couldn't see what they were. there were a few other guys around they were catching too and one guy caught a few small blues on metal.

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    Managed a few medium blues and a 27 1/2" bass, all went back. All on ava jigs with green tail. Lots of small bait in the water and a few mullet.
    Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Ended up with 9 fluke to 17 1/2 " wish the 17 was big enough to pinch the tail but he wouldn't have made keeper so I threw it back. double gulp on bucktail and teaser. White.
    Congrats on the catching and action .
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Fished cape may area this morning, Got 5 kingfish 1 cocktail and 2 spot on bloodworms. This was the first time I saw spot in a while. Hope they stay in the area for when the bass start up. Lots of life in the surf just out of casting range. probably bluefish

Walked onto the beach yesterday afternoon and it was a zoo...by 6-7pm everyone left and we had the beach all to ourselves. Mostly very small fluke during the day with two around 17-17.5" taken on a chartreuse over white banana bucktail tipped with gulp.

Friend caught one small bass on a plastic swimmer.

Saw spearing and snappers, a few small mullet. No signs of bunker or big mullet yesterday.

Lots of these sand crabs on the beach yesterday all of them dead (post shed?). I count 17 in this picture + 2 disgusting cigarette butts.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140907_173748.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	18838

Same here John went to the beach for the wifes bday yesterday so no fishing for me but when we went swimming the sand crabs were ALL OVER!! Mostly tiny ones in the thousands digging by your feet but if ya dug a little you could find bigger 1s all over....Liking the conditions tn looks like we may have some white water with the ENE wind ...Ill be out searching around..

Wow that's a lot of sand crabs! No wonder you guys are catching a lot of fluke!

Went down to the ocean this morning not to fish but to look at the water. It's chocolate milk as I suspected. The waves are spectacular. First noreast pattern of the fall but without a pressure drop and heavy rain I won't call it a noreaster. Waves are impressive though. Some about 6' or higher. No surfers out where I was. It may be a little too gnarly even for them until later this afternoon. This will put a hold on ocean fishing for at least 24 hours. I may try to hit the back later this afternoon before dark.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    The waves are spectacular. First noreast pattern of the fall but without a pressure drop and heavy rain I won't call it a noreaster. Waves are impressive though. Some about 6' or higher.
    Thanks BH. Agreed.

I got out last night with high hopes of hooking up with some bass...Had the right tide and the wind made for some real night white water...The N to S sweep was a bit of a pain but fishable..Worked 2 areas that have paid off for me in those conditions...Threw all the heavier stuff i had but couldnt find any life fished from 730-1130pm...Water was up real high from the moon..And there wasnt much grass until i was leaving about 11...I knew it would be chocolate milk out there today....So far this Sept is slow to start compared to last year...Already had a bunch of bass under belt by now...Water needs to cool for sure but with those conditions last night i should have caught ...Oh well ill findem soon enuff! May have to stick to the flatties for the next 2 weeks or so..Like BH said gonna need a few days to settle out there..

^^ # of resident bass in our area is definitely down. I remember you did good last August and September with the bass.

I was kicking myself for not going out yesterday but I couldn't make it out.

Finally got out for 2 hours after work today . Attempted ot catch Fluke with gulp but no success. Ended up with a few nice size pain in the *** for eating my gulp snappers. I had a great time getting out on the water. almost forgot how it feels to wet a line.

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    ^^ # of resident bass in our area is definitely down. I remember you did good last August and September with the bass.

I was kicking myself for not going out yesterday but I couldn't make it out.
    You are absolutely wrong on that pal.
    Didn't you know that there are more striped bass around then ever?
    A well-respected Capt just made that incredible statement to me tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    You are absolutely wrong on that pal.
    Didn't you know that there are more striped bass around then ever?
    A well-respected Capt just made that incredible statement to me tonight.
    Hahahaha thats like saying Obama is the greatest president we have ever had!!!!What a moron for saying that...The capt that is...

^^^^^ Agreed blazin. Some folks have no clue.
    Dark most of us know what the score is with the striped bass. There has been a steady decline. If someone says differently follow the money trail.
    Fished moco this morning. White water and sand crabs, incoming. Picked up 2 short bass on bucktail and large pork rind.

6 fat bass tonight to 10#, released. In da surf moco near top of tide. Rubber shad. Mullet all over. Good to finally see some fish. DS just a thanks for all you do for striped bass. Some of these guys are clueless. They will kill the last striped bass until there are none left. I saw the thread its like you are trying to educate cavemen that they need to hunt different land each time instead of right outside the cave or there will be no cave beasts left to hunt. Unreal. You are a better man than me I don't how you put up with Fisher Price and the other idiots. They are the most notorious meatmen in the bay. It's like David trying to fight Goliath. Thank you dude, You sure have some balls. I would just give up on them.

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    6 fat bass tonight to 10#, released. In da surf moco near top of tide. Rubber shad. Mullet all over. Good to finally see some fish. DS just a thanks for all you do for striped bass. Some of these guys are clueless. They will kill the last striped bass until there are none left. I saw the thread its like you are trying to educate cavemen that they need to hunt different land each time instead of right outside the cave or there will be no cave beasts left to hunt. Unreal. You are a better man than me I don't how you put up with Fisher Price and the other idiots. They are the most notorious meatmen in the bay. It's like David trying to fight Goliath. Thank you dude, You sure have some balls. I would just give up on them.
    Great report jigfreak. Nice C and R.
    Also want to thank Dark, he puts a lot into trying to get these meatmen to see that they are putting a hurting on the breeders.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast