Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for Sept 2014...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Water in MoCo has a brownish tint to it but its definitely fishable. Visibility seems to be over 2ft from what I could tell. The big swells are subsiding.

Spent some time in the back this morning cast netting mullet not that many around but they are still there mostly 4-6" size. Did take over one hour to make bait this morning had to make a few stops to find them. We walked passed a guy who had a few big 8-10"+ cobs in his bucket (first I have seen in a few years).

Went with a friend and his young kid out front and we had a blast catching small 1-2lb blues on mullet until we ran out of bait. Swells were still to to big to throw small metals.

Nice sized pods of mullet out front no obvious signs of anything harassing them.

Nice going JB thanks for the mullet report too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	peanut.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	18911 Didn't like my chances on finding those weakies again and i didnt although the water in the bay wasnt too too bad. The nuts are getting bigger and will make their way out front hopefully. I did find 5 small bass but nothin over 22" and some blues were on them as well

wtg on the bass and blues sharkhart. I would like to see some in the surf but it seems theyre not ready to move yet. Fished Island Beach this morning and caught a mess o small blues on cut mullet. One bass on the mullet at sunrise. He was short and got put back. Nice clean water.

Fished nomoco last night 9-12. Wow I thought for sure there would be some fish at that place. It has always given me some this time in other years. Threw shads bucktails and sp and bomber plugs. One bluefish bite off that was it. Are the bluefish scarce now too? What's up?

I worked some nice looking water in Moco this morning. A little too calm for me. First skunk in awhile. September is the fools month. It never used to be that way. Oh well an old man can reminisce can't he?

I fished both saturday and sunday. Saturday I started in ocean county and was working poppers in the surf. Managed a nice 23 inch striper at sunrise and 2 small blues. That was it as soon as it got light out. Sunday I said the heck with it and bought some mullet. I was dying to catch some numbers of fish. The mullet did the trick. I got 18 small blues from sunrise to 12 noon. They were small but fun to put a bend in the rod until more stripers show.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    I worked some nice looking water in Moco this morning. A little too calm for me. First skunk in awhile. September is the fools month. It never used to be that way. Oh well an old man can reminisce can't he?
    Please don't apoligize for reminiscing. I have learned a lot from your posts and enjoy the posts from the long timers like you and finchaser clamchucker, surfstix, surfwalker, etc.

Thank you hookedonbass. Fished moco this morning from 5-7am, One fluke on the teaser and one stargazer on bucktail and pork. Ocean was flat as a lake.

Fished capemay tonight on the incoming tide near an inlet. The bluefish were hungry. Picked up a bakers dozen to 2 pounds on a zara spook. Man they destroyed that plug will have to upgrade the hooks. Looks like mullet are still running Icould see waves of them. buckethead I would like to thank you and the others mentioned by hookedonbass. It's not often you find guys that nice on the internet. Thank you gents!

Two of us fished OC from 11am to 7pm. Only caught a few small bluefish. Saw many schools of rainfish all day long, but not a single fish bothering them. When we quit fishing the wind was blowing 15 - 20 knots ENE.

Man ive never been happier seeing Sept end!!! It stunk for me!! Got out yesterday am On the rocks..from 445-10am...fished 4 different jettys and all i could find was 1 lil blue that crushed my smack it jr..he nailed it 3 times soo that 3 mins of excitement was worth it that was about 7ish..Water was like a lake and very light breeze..Nice morning but the fish seem to have something against NoMoCo lately

September has sucked the past few years and seems to get worse every year; I don't even bother trying unless the big bluefish invade us in decent numbers.

Its usually been a good time to put some fluke in the freezer but they didn't want to cooperate this year. Can't blame it on a lack of bait either...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678