Growing up in the NY/NJ area I couldn't wait for the bluefish to show up in the summer. I lived on the Long Island Sound, and in those days (mid 50's to early 60's), we went out of either Sheepshead Bay or Atlantic Highlands to the acid waters for Blues. We fished in the sound for snappers, (baby bluefish) which were a lot of fun. One day, while fishing for Blues I watched how voracious they were eating each other and wondered if we saved the snappers we had caught previously, and used them for bait the next time we went for blues, if it would work. Sure enough we used the snappers and the blues attacked their own kind as readily as the bunkers we were using. As luck would have it, in the late 60's I moved to the west coast and shortly thereafter the blues invaded Long Island Sound. Up until this year, in my opinion, the fishing out here does not come close to the east coast, although, we did go to La Paz Mexico a few years ago, and had a ball catching dorado. This year within the last month or so, the fishing exploded, with fish coming up from the south that aren't normally this close; Yellowfin and Bluefin tuna, Dorado, Wahoo, Skipjack, Big Eye. Wow--- If only it wasn't so expensive. Anyway it sure was fun to go Bluefishing back then.