Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for Oct 2014...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Man ive never been happier seeing Sept end!!! It stunk for me!! Got out yesterday am On the rocks..from 445-10am...fished 4 different jettys and all i could find was 1 lil blue that crushed my smack it jr..he nailed it 3 times soo that 3 mins of excitement was worth it that was about 7ish..Water was like a lake and very light breeze..Nice morning but the fish seem to have something against NoMoCo lately

September has sucked the past few years and seems to get worse every year; I don't even bother trying unless the big bluefish invade us in decent numbers.

Its usually been a good time to put some fluke in the freezer but they didn't want to cooperate this year. Can't blame it on a lack of bait either...

Default NJ Fishing Reports for Oct 2014...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

NJ Fishing Reports for October 2014.....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

**Important when registering on our site -- use an active email address so you can activate your account to be able to post. If you began to register and can't post, check your spam folder for your activation instructions.

Please post fishing reports here.......as little or as much detail as you want to give.

Since Sandy and the rebuilding/Beach replenishment, a substantial amount of Fishing Access has been lost. The ones who want to fish, are now crowded into less places, particularly the popular ones.
    Please use common sense, when describing where you were fishing.

1. Fishing an area that is NOT residential? Being vague is less critical. For example, (Any)Park, or (Any)Bay, or mention a specific state park that has loads of parking and can handle the crowds.

2. For some areas, it would be wiser to say:
    Out Front (Ocean) OR -- Out Back (Bay) -- if you feel too many people will figure out what you are talking about. Remember that thousands of people could potentially read these posts. You don't want to be fishing next to ALL of them at the same time

3. If I name this place on the internet, will it be too crowded for me to enjoy tomorrow when people hear I got 30 fish there today?
    If the answer is "Yes", then you should probably not be so specific.
    More discussion on this:
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=3763

**If you have any
    additional details you would like to share - weather conditions, tide (incoming, outgoing, ebb, flood) water temps, wind, bait present, or other mention of techniques or bait/plugs used - feel free.
    Thanks, and good luck.

Some acronyms -

SH - Sandy Hook
    NoMoCo - Northern Monmouth County (below the Hook to Shark River Inlet SRI)
    SoMoCo - Southern Monmouth County (below SRI to Manasquan Inlet)
    OC - Ocean County

IBSP - Island Beach State Park
    LBI - Long Beach Island
    AC - Atlantic County
    CMC - Cape May County

RB - Raritan Bay
    BB - Barnegat Bay
    CB - Chesapeake Bay
    DB - Delaware Bay

Mecca.....Montauk

Sept recap and some observations going forward -

1. Mullet run did start early
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ker-tips/page2

This is subjective and depends on where you fish. Generally speaking, many of the northern bay areas have emptied most of their mullet.I have been scouting quite a few areas in the back, and can report that in the last 2 weeks some of them have really thinned out in terms of holding mullet and other bait.

Hopefully, as the Fall migration gets under way, some of this bait will continue moving place to place, and give more anglers a fair shot at catching some fish.

2. New Striped Bass limit regulations -
    Please take some time to inform yourselves what's going on...
    Here and in other threads...
    Time to speak up or shut up on Bass - ASMFC Sept Meetings

It seems to me, with all the internet chatter about who is, and is not happy, with Mr Tom Fote, that's all it is.....ineffective internet chatter.
    Some of the loudest internet opinions about what is happening today, are those people who do nothing to help effect change.

The recent ASMFC striped bass meetings are but one example.
    A little over 100 anglers attended those meetings statewide.....

That means.... that striped bass anglers in the state, (other than the ones that also sent in e-mails or attended the meetings) are willing to let the opinions of 100+, count for everyone...
    I find that not only sad, but appalling.
    Fishermen apathy is at an all-time high......

**Food for thought...
    It doesn't take much effort or hard work to criticize someone on the internet....it takes far more effort to get in the game and actually get involved, instead of just sitting on the sidelines....
    If we don't like the new regulations, we have no one to blame but ourselves.
    Thanks for reading.....

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post

**Food for thought...
    It doesn't take much effort or hard work to criticize someone on the internet....it takes far more effort to get in the game and actually get involved, instead of just sitting on the sidelines....
    If we don't like the new regulations, we have no one to blame but ourselves.
    Thanks for reading.....

Absolutely true, Rich. And thanks for all you do. Fished moco early today. It was close to low when I started with skinny water. No activity until the tide started coming back in. Picked up 3 shorts on a bucktail with chartreuse grub.

Ocean city area this morning hoping for a sunrise bite. 2 feisty blues on a popper at 7am. Surf was pretty riled up. Maybe I will try again tomorrow when it calms down.

Nice going guys. Will be out this weekend looking to find some bass!

Cool thanks for the intel and surf conditions reports.

Picked up 4 short but fat bass today. Moco. Bucktail and chartreuse grub. Water really cleaned up nice.

Nice Job, has the water cleared up a bit?

Fished no mo co last night incoming tide. Surf was pretty big where I was. 2 hickory shad and one blue on the teaser. Nice going bucket head!

Island Beach 5-7a. 2 keeper bass to 29" on popper at sunrise. Kept first one, tossed the smaller one back. Both had sea lice.

Fished the back in moco from 12-3. nice night out there was some baitfish and a few stripers. Managed 2. Biggest one was 27" on storm shads. One bite off by a bluefish.

Well I said I would be looking for bass this weekend. All I could find was white foam! Went to somoco and tried to fish. Emphasis on tried. The wind was blowing 25mph from the southeast and the surf was big and angry. Like an old man sending soup back to the kitchen. I tryed tossing an ava 27 with green tail it was the only thing I could think of. No dice. The surfers were bobbing up and down like small black dots on the ocean. I don't know how they do it. May try again tomorrow when the waves are less and the water is cleaner.

basshunter you are better than me. I got up to fish this morning, looked at the weather forecast and surfchex and went back to bed. At least you tried. Can only catch fish with your line in the water. Or in your dreams. Keep trying you will hook up soon.

I fished nomoco from 8-10PM. The northwest wind was howling glad it was behind me. Even so I had to move a little to get away from the intensity. Conditions seemed perfect. I used shads but couldn't cast too far, Finally went with a 2 oz bucktail with a small teaser. Got a hickory shad on the teaser.

Gave it a try in No Moco. Great surf and morning for me but someone forgot to tell the fish. One small blue on ava 17. Felt cold and crisp out there just like fall should feel.

Got out this morning from 11am to 4pm. Got 1 Striper about 18 inches on a White Bucktails with sluggo, Seen some spearing and mullet. Had a nice size fluke on that I droped in the surf. Bass was hooked on the turn of the tide.

I tried fishing friday afternoon. I knew the surf was probably not fishable so I choose a spot in the back that would be sheltered from the winds.

The long trail leading to the water has been destroyed since Sandy and this was the old sign. People still fished it and the officials looked the other way. We always thought the sign was more for liability purposes in case somebody got hurt along the pathway.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141003_180258.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	18923

The new sign and a big fence extending into the water blocking access.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141003_180247.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	18924

Not a favorite spot of mine but any access lost puts added pressure on the remaining spots.

Fished OC from 5-7am. The west wind cut the surf down nicely but now it's probably a little too calm. Managed a short on redfin before dawn and another one on a gibbs popper as the sun was coming up. That was all she wrote. Nice morning out though.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast