Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for Oct 2014...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    I tried fishing friday afternoon. I knew the surf was probably not fishable so I choose a spot in the back that would be sheltered from the winds.

The long trail leading to the water has been destroyed since Sandy and this was the old sign. People still fished it and the officials looked the other way. We always thought the sign was more for liability purposes in case somebody got hurt along the pathway.

Attachment 18923

The new sign and a big fence extending into the water blocking access.

Attachment 18924

Not a favorite spot of mine but any access lost puts added pressure on the remaining spots.
    Man That suxx. By the time theyre done closing off all the access we will only be able to fish SH, IBSP, the inlets, and some sedges.
    New tourist slogan- Welcome to NJ with open arms. Just don't expect to have a lot of fishing access when you come here.

Fished Cape May near the point. Skunk a roo for me.

Last night in the back, some deeper water. Clams and shrimp was hoping for porgy or stripers. I got 2 spot last night. Haven't seen them all year and then they show up in october go figure. Also a handful of runt bass on clams. This is a good sign because they weren't in this spot a few weeks ago. Not a great september for me and my crew.

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    Man That suxx. By the time theyre done closing off all the access we will only be able to fish SH, IBSP, the inlets, and some sedges.
    New tourist slogan- Welcome to NJ with open arms. Just don't expect to have a lot of fishing access when you come here.

Agreed. There is so many areas in the back where you cant fish either. If they want more tourists to come to Jersey they need to think not just of the ocean but the bays too.

Nice going on the stripers ledhead! Tuna at sandy hook in september. Spot in the bays in october. what a long strange trip its been! I fished Nomoco and picked up a decent blue on a white SP. 10-12pm.

Wednesday ( 10/1) 7 fluke and a bass bouncing with a cripple hearing 6-8 pm

Thursday ( 10/2) 7 bass to 24" all on jig head and Saltshaker tail 6-9 pm

Tuesday (10/7) a 29" and 27" bass both on jig head and Saltshaker tail 5:30 to 7 AM

As per your request Dark a fishing post

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Hey finchaser good to see you back in the game. I almost thought you took a break from fishing. It's been pretty inconsistent for me so it's nice to see you catching em up. Have been getting skunked in the front and the occasional small bass or blue. Tonight I picked up 2 stripes in NMoco near sunset on a shad. Shorts, but nice and healthy. Wind from the SW about 15. Waiting for the water temperatures to drop about 5 more degrees.

Finchaser please don't catch all the fish every post.Like the last time you posted when most of the fishermen did'nt catch.

Ok I'll be silent, Dark wanted me to let you guys know there are fish around not many but they are around

Last Sunday night- 4 bass to 24" on 4" swim shads.

Quote Originally Posted by striperhunter View Post
    Finchaser please don't catch all the fish every post.Like the last time you posted when most of the fishermen did'nt catch.

maybe a smilie or 2 next time and people will get your meaning.What is is with some people? Dude how many reports have you shared with your fellow fishermen here? And you have the stones to criticize those who are out there putting in their time. Gotta love the internet its where all the internet fishermen hang out.
    I think finchaser is part of the over the rail gang at the MI. Those old guys kick A**.

You are right JF, and I am also a SRSA

Nice job on catching Fin,Hookset and John!

Well another skunk on the bored for me...This is getting old
    Fished 7 till 11pm.NoMoCo
    ..I dont normally like fishing the full moon but i had the time and even my favorite conditions havent produced so i said screw it and took a ride..weather was great water seemed decent.I managed 1 good bump in the wash and that was it...Water did feel like it was a bot cooler from last time i was out..Hopefully i have a positive report soon

Fished the park from 5-7a. Ocean is like a lake. West wind really knocked it down, maybe a little too much. Got one 27" striper on popper. Raised another one. Completely dead after that. Great sunrise out there.

striperhunter do you actually fish? I can't remember the last time I read a fishing report from you. Armchair quarterback much?
    Finchaser has probably forgotten more about fishing, than you will ever know. I don't know him but you can tell by his posts he is an old salty. They know things. They are out there all the time fishing.
    surfstix just posted a video on reading the beach.
    Reading a beach
    How about looking at it and trying to become a better fisherman before you start slamming others.
    The other day I was fishing Island Beach and I was catching and the guy 50 feet away from me wasn't. I was fishing the cut, and tried to explain you have to read the beach. I guess some out there think fish magically fall from the sky onto there hooks.

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    What is is with some people? Dude how many reports have you shared with your fellow fishermen here? And you have the stones to criticize those who are out there putting in their time. Gotta love the internet its where all the internet fishermen hang out.
    I think finchaser is part of the over the rail gang at the MI. Those old guys kick A**.
    X2. whats with these guys who don't post reports and have nothing better than criticize the guys who do?
    My bud who fishes up there told me about the over the rail gang. Bucket Bob or Amtrack Bob is one of the guys. They are there all the time and they do catch. Thanks for all you do finchaser. Have learned a lot from your posts over the years.

cape may from 4 to 6 AM. A few small bluefish at first light on smak it popper. The surf was very flat today.

For all you internet fishermen . I put a lot of time fishing and catching but I don't spend a lot time typing just so I look like a great fisherman.Good fisherman go to the beach and look for structure and rips,cuts,bait,birds,location.That fishing.

It is naive to think if most didnt catch fish can't be caught, Guys in the know target spots resident fish hang this time of year and the guys fishing migrating spots are taking the skunk and calling BS on guys cathing, To give you another example, In the spring strong NE winds were killing the ocean surf and flattening and cleaning the bay, some guys have a deeper bag of tricks then others.

For all you internet fishermen . I put a lot of time fishing and catching but I don't spend a lot time typing just so I look like a great fisherman.Good fisherman go to the beach and look for structure and rips,cuts,bait,birds,location.That fishing.
    Does being a good fisherman mean dumping on and questioning the honesty of one of the most helpful members here? What have you given back to this site? Helping others when they are struggling? Giving a few words of encouragement to the new guys when they are not catching? I reviewed your posts and didn't see any of that helpfulness only arrogance. I have to stand up for finchaser because we old guys have to stick together. If someone asked me who is finchaser I would say I believe he's the old guy on stripers and anglers who is the sharpie catching fish and arguing with darkskies all the time. If someone asked me who is striperhunter I honestly would not have much to say because in my opinion you don't give back to the site other than to become angry when someone is catching and you are not. Like sharkhart said when folks target migrating fish they only have a few months to play. Others that target resident fish can spend more time out there catching.
    Dark if you feel this is out of line feel free to delete. some young folks need to learn manners and respect the old folks.

I don't know you or finchaser but it is very poor form to come on an internet site if all you do is criticize others. If you don't have anything nice to say about someone please follow the advice that my parents taught me and keep your mouth closed. Or go somewhere else and whine.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinmission78 View Post
    striperhunter do you actually fish? I can't remember the last time I read a fishing report from you. Armchair quarterback much?
    Finchaser has probably forgotten more about fishing, than you will ever know.
    x2! I bet finchaser has forgotten more about fishing than you will ever know.
    striperhunter whats up with you. Someone pi** in your cornflakes this morning?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast