Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for Oct 2014...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

So now your upset I can multi task by fishing ,catching and typing. Ok you win I give up

By the way got 3 bass to 27" between 5:00 and 6:30 this morning all on jig head and chartreuses Salt Shaker tail. FYI I don't report skunks because I fish sometimes 1-3 times a day but only on days that end in Y . I only report catches to try and help the guys who don't live near the water have some insight on when the fish are around and on what I am having success with. I have learned a lot in over 50 years of bass fishing and am still learning.

Guess if I looked for structure and rips, cuts, bait, birds, location. I'd be great not good. Why didn't I think of that

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    So now your upset I can multi task by fishing ,catching and typing. Ok you win I give up

By the way got 3 bass to 27" between 5:00 to 6:30 this morning all on jig head and chartreuse Salt Shaker tail.

Dont apologize to anyone finchaser you sure do catch! striperhunter I have been here since 2008 and have learned probably half of my catching abilities from finchasers posts. He is a good guy and helpful. You should apologize to him.Or just continue being a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    It is naive to think if most didnt catch fish can't be caught, Guys in the know target spots resident fish hang this time of year and the guys fishing migrating spots are taking the skunk and calling BS on guys cathing, To give you another example, In the spring strong NE winds were killing the ocean surf and flattening and cleaning the bay, some guys have a deeper bag of tricks then others.
    Its that time of the year...people are too wound up and seriously need to stop trolling the internets and instead just go fishing.

I don't always feel like posting a report but when I do they are usually more helpful than chest pounding...bait, water quality, conditions, plugs that worked, ect.

Finchaser helps out a lot of people here; can't say the same for the troll.

Tried to fish on Monday...got to the water and it was too dirty with no signs of life. Went home and crossed some stuff off the to-do list.

Fished on Tuesday for about 30mins, dirty water no life around so I went home and crossed some more stuff off the to-do list.

Fished last night and found bass busting spearing on top. Lots of small bass in the area...we could see them swirl in close but we were only able to hook up two and land one with a bunch of missed hits. Water was still pretty dirty where we were fishing think that had something to do with our low catch rate. That full moon was super bright.

By the way got 3 bass to 27" between 5:00 and 6:30 this morning all on jig head and chartreuses Salt Shaker tail. FYI I don't report skunks because I fish sometimes 1-3 times a day but only on days that end in Y . I only report catches to try and help the guys who don't live near the water have some insight on when the fish are around and on what I am having success with. I have learned a lot in over 50 years of bass fishing and am still learning.

Guess if I looked for structure and rips, cuts, bait, birds, location. I'd be great not good. Why didn't I think of that
    Now that was funny right there lol! thank you for all the wisdom you have imparted to us. Thanks for the reports I enjoy them. Keep em coming! Please don't let the trolls get to you.

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    Its that time of the year...people are too wound up and seriously need to stop trolling the internets and instead just go fishing.

I don't always feel like posting a report but when I do they are usually more helpful than chest pounding...bait, water quality, conditions, plugs that worked, ect.

Finchaser helps out a lot of people here; can't say the same for the troll.

Tried to fish on Monday...got to the water and it was too dirty with no signs of life. Went home and crossed some stuff off the to-do list.

Fished on Tuesday for about 30mins, dirty water no life around so I went home and crossed some more stuff off the to-do list.

Fished last night and found bass busting spearing on top. Lots of small bass in the area...we could see them swirl in close but we were only able to hook up two and land one with a bunch of missed hits. Water was still pretty dirty where we were fishing think that had something to do with our low catch rate. That full moon was super bright.
    Amen! I haven't been doing much either. Worst fall in a long time for me so far. Hey at least you tried.

thanks for the nice comments guys

Mike and I connected this morning for 13 bass he had 6 to 26" on a pink finesse I had 7 to 28" all on jig head with a Chartreuse Shaker tail. Water in the back was dirty and low from yesterdays out going blow out tide. We left them biting at 7AM to meet the rest of our motley crew for Friday morning breakfast

Moco this morning, big goose egg for me..great sunrise, Nice work finchaser thanks for the report.

Awesome as usual Finchaser!! You must have permanent bass thumb...Im headed out to night to a "new"area for me cant be any worse then what ive been catching lately which =nothing

Two of us fished OC 2pm to 7 pm. Found a lot of rainfish and caught a bunch of small bluefish on metal and teasers. When the blues quit we finished the day plugging till dark but nothing showed up to bother all the bait still there.

FYI I don't report skunks because I fish sometimes 1-3 times a day but only on days that end in Y .
    I only report catches to try and help the guys who don't live near the water have some insight on when the fish are around and on what I am having success with. I have learned a lot in over 50 years of bass fishing and am still learning.
    A lot of folks don't understand the years and time the OGB has put into this, and the frequency they are out there looking for fish.......
    Between him and his crew, they have all the productive night and daylight hours covered.......
    There isn't too much that goes on, that they don't know about....

thanks for the nice comments guys. We left them biting at 7AM to meet the rest of our motley crew for Friday morning breakfast
    ...And it is quite the motley crew.....
    You don't get to sit at their table unless you have 50 years under your belt fishin the salt..or if they like ya.....
    I don't quite fit that requirement yet......I guess they like me, they let me sit at the table with them....
    They're a close-knit group of old farts, very big on ball busting.......no punches pulled.....real old-time fishermen.....the best of the best in North and Central Jersey....

Quote Originally Posted by fishrich View Post
    Two of us fished OC 2pm to 7 pm. Found a lot of rainfish and caught a bunch of small bluefish on metal and teasers. When the blues quit we finished the day plugging till dark but nothing showed up to bother all the bait still there.
    Good to see some of the OFFC get out there....
    I know if there would have been a few bass, you would have found em.
    Glad to see ya both had a good time....I miss the days Spring and Fall when we had more time and opportunities to drive up and down the beach....and the fish were right there.....

Got out last night from 830pm-130am..Me and my bud decided it was time to move around.We picked a spot well S of were we normally fish.I had never fished it before and my bud used to fish in the area about 5 years ago.So we get were we want to be and gear upWalked out to a flat clam ocean good cloud cover and 0 wind..We split up and he went right i went left worked the whole area real well..Had a few taps about 10pm then i hooked up with a hickory shad I thought i had broken my streak of skunks but i nope..I didnt mind much cause it was more then i have been getting so it was a 1/2 skunk in my mind .Met back up with Dave about 11 and had the same results just 1 hickory.So we decided to move up N and work some beaches on the way home.
    We made a stop at 1 of the regular spots about 1130 we said well give it about an hour and if nothing then leave.Tide was moving out so we were losing water. We worked 1 side of some rocks NADA.So about 12 we looked at each other and said "ahhh screw it 10 more casts on the other side of these rocks then lets hit the road"..So we did that i was throwing a Mambo and a Green/white teaser...3 cast i come tight on something!!! Jumped right out of the water wasnt to big but i said damn it another shad!! Once it got in the wash it pulled much harder then a shad....Well low and behold...It had stripes!!!!! A nice fiesty 22 incher hit the teaser.Its sounds funny but that short made my month after 10 skunkings!!! Finally kicked that damn skunk!! So we start casting some more and 2 casts later WHAM! Im tight again! This was a better fish ,nothing huge but better.He tooks some drag(i was using my light 8ft set up) and after a few minutes he was on the sand a nice 25in shorty!!! We stayed another 45 mins with nothing else,water had gone out too much now and the rain started...So we called it a night......Sorry for the long post (its almost a darkskies length)JK Dark... but after all those fishless trips im so amped that i found SOMETHING out there with black lines on it and that took some drag.. Gonna be a long day at work since i didnt get home till about 230am but it sooo much easier when i don t reak of SKUNK haha
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20141011_001623.jpg   20141011_002654.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    GSorry for the long post (its almost a darkskies length)JK Dark... but after all those fishless trips im so amped that i found SOMETHING out there with black lines on it and that took some drag.. Gonna be a long day at work since i didnt get home till about 230am but it sooo much easier when i don t reak of SKUNK haha
    M....No offense taken.....I don't think you could eclipse my infamous 500 word posts.. ..but you're welcome to try... ...

I read your report and could sense the enthusiasm in each sentence......
    Some are only interested if the fish is "large"....at some point it's good to get over that mentality.....and just be happy to get out and get a tug on the end of the line...even if it's bluefish or hickory shad........Outstanding report and description of the lengths you went to.... to find some fish......good job.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    .Outstanding report and description of the lengths you went to.... to find some fish......good job.
    X2 nice job blazin. Fished moco in the slop this morning on the incoming tide. Big surf and SE wind. Worked bucktail and metal. Nothing for me.

Fished the back again from 4 to 7 AM released 14 bass to 31 inches then 2 bluefish after they came through it ended. All on chartreuse shaker tail and jig head, water was nasty looking.

Very nice Blaze

Wow congrats gents. finchaser you da man!

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    A nice fiesty 22 incher hit the teaser.Its sounds funny but that short made my month after 10 skunkings!!! Finally kicked that damn skunk!! So we start casting some more and 2 casts later WHAM! Im tight again! This was a better fish ,nothing huge but better.He tooks some drag(i was using my light 8ft set up) and after a few minutes he was on the sand a nice 25in shorty!!! We stayed another 45 mins with nothing else,water had gone out too much now and the rain started...So we called it a night......Sorry for the long post (its almost a darkskies length, JK Dark... but after all those fishless trips im so amped that i found SOMETHING out there with black lines on it and that took some drag..
    Awesome report Balzin420, congrats at beating the skunk.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Thanks alot guys it felt great to have a decent bend in the rod again!! Finchaser great job brotha nice fish!!Dailed into them as usual!

Its a challenge Dark im gonna shoot for 500 next time

Awesome report Blazin as Dark said I could sense the enthusiasm.

Fin, your always on fire, your worst days are like my best days,

Last night before high tide, I got into a good 15 min. of striper action. I landed 4 bass to 26 inches, and dropped 1 that was making my reel scream. 1 fish caught on a teaser black over yellow. 2 on purple Sp. These were caught in that 15 min window. 1 earlier on a unloaded redfin. Nice night to be out. bumped into an friend that i haven't got to fish with in 2 years.

Fished the back again from 4 to 7 AM released 14 bass to 31 inches then 2 bluefish after they came through it ended. All on chartreuse shaker tail and jig head, water was nasty looking.

Very nice Blaze
    Nice Bass Fin. Looks like you are in The Bass Zone.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Nice work fellas.

Finchaser...don't be surprised if I hide a gps tracker in your car when I come down for a visit.

Nice going finchaser. I fished somoco this morning incoming tide. Surf has laid down a little but is still dirty. Slight NE wind. Picked up one short bass and one stargazer. Bucktail with chartreuse grub. Nice fall morning out there.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast