Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for Oct 2014...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^;
    Real nice report Blazin. Congrats on the catching and releasing.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Nice going blazin! You did better than me. I went to fish moco last nite but the place was so crowded I thought I was at a strip club. Maybe they were giving away $100 bills? Made a slight detour S and fished from 10-1. Picked up 2 to 26" on a bucktail and pork. No bait was visible but it seems the bass are here finally. good luck everyone!

good job guys! I fished somoco today from 6-8. The tide was coming in and it was pretty calm. No big waves. I didn't see one surfer out there it was so calm. I tryed a bucktail, a SP, a bomber and a popper. Nothing doing but it was a nice morning and sunrise.

Nice going Blaze, and steve. You did better then me also. I must of been in the same spot as Storminsteve. there were to many people for that spot. I left to looking for better location. didn't plan it well. I ended up going home earlier then planned due to frustrations which i won't get into it here for now.

Was hoping for some weakies last night. Conditions good but water was a little dirty. Only managed one runt bass instead. Rubber with small jig.

Quote Originally Posted by vpass View Post
    Nice going Blaze, and steve. You did better then me also. I must of been in the same spot as Storminsteve. there were to many people for that spot. I left to looking for better location. didn't plan it well. I ended up going home earlier then planned due to frustrations which i won't get into it here for now.
    Gee some places must be getting really crowded because I came up on a similar situation last night and said no way. I fished different places in moco from 8-10 and got the skunk. Better than being so close to someone you smell man A**. Ocean was calm and clean. No fish. Might be back once more this weekend. blazin, steve, and jigfreak congrats on the catching.

Quote Originally Posted by hookset View Post
    Gee some places must be getting really crowded because I came up on a similar situation last night and said no way. I fished different places in moco from 8-10 and got the skunk. Better than being so close to someone you smell man A**. Ocean was calm and clean. No fish. Might be back once more this weekend. blazin, steve, and jigfreak congrats on the catching.
    Thanks fellas!!Lol yup i got to 1 spot saw the 25 dudes crammed in and moved right along to catch fish by myself...I rather get skunk in peace then with 25 guys that are right up your azz!! Lucky it worked last night...Best part was i had at least a half a dozen of those guys walk right past me while i was hooking up...Had to hide the fact that i was hooked up haha

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    .I rather get skunk in peace then with 25 guys that are right up your azz!! Lucky it worked last night...Best part was i had at least a half a dozen of those guys walk right past me while i was hooking up...Had to hide the fact that i was hooked up haha
    can I get an AMEN on that? That's the sweetest kind of fishing, catching fish away from the report chasers. Fished moco till sunrise today. Got one short fat striper on a saltwater spook. Hardly anyone on the beach they must have all been somewhere else. who cares, I got my fish and didn't have to fight a crowd. nice job on the catching and releaseing fellas!

Looks like you guys to the north are starting to get into em! Congrats and please don't forget to send some down our way!

Fished moco this sunday morning. Beautiful sunrise. Birds and bait everywhere it looked like spearing or rainfish they were diving on. Threw the bag from avas to bucktails to poppers to Sps. Skunk city for me. There were some boats pretty far out. Looks like they were all clustered together. Hope they caught cause I didn't see any guys on the beach catch anything. One guy using clams caught 2 skates.

I fished moco too. Or should I say Lake Atlantic. Flat calm surf and no white water in sight. Fished from sunup to 9am. Zip-a-roonie!

Fished the back last nite some peanut bunker still aroujnd but they are slowly disappearing. We got a handful of small bass on clams and one keeper at 30". Water temps in the back are way down with the NW winds all week.

Boat report - went to the shrewsbury rocks yesterday. Bunker were fairly abundant. Managed 7 bass to 26lbs jigging 6 oz crocodiles and rubber shads. The 2 biggest were taken on live bunker. Kept 3 to 18lbs for the table. (between the 2 of us). Seems like a nice body of fish has arrived. They were all covered with sea lice.

Nice job Ledhead and good to here nemo that some biggunbs are around now they just have to hit the beach!!

Last night 730-1230am...Spot 1 was a bit tuff with the wind blowing NNW about 20-25.. made it tuff to really work the plugs right.. lasted and hr there and moved to somewhere it was more at my back...Walked a good ways with nothing ..but the spearing were thick..I put my light on to change plugs and look down to see spearing all over the beach..They were smaller spearing but everywhere...I switched to my small stuff and only managed a few hits that were small blues cause i had 2 Zooms get chompped...I even snagged a few of the spearing while retriving....Lots of bait but no fish ...Headed back out tonigh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20141026_215953.jpg   20141026_231042.jpg  

Thanks for the reports guys it inspired me to go to nomonco last night. I fished from 9-12. Skunk followed me home. I heard some guys talking about big fish a few days earlier. That much have been what the crowd was about. Only one short striper caught on the beach when I was there. I did see another guy snag a short fluke too but that was about it.

Nice effort gents I was working the shoreline last night too. Somoco. Saw lots of bait but no fish for me.

Fished ocean city over the weekend. It was blustery and windy, water kind of dirty. Managed 2 small blues on cut mullet. Hoping to see some stripers soon. Maybe around the first week of november I am hoping.

Blazin yes they are finally here. Have been out 5 times in the last few weeks prior to Saturday and nothing. I do hope they come in closer to shore so you guys can get on em. Good luck.

Friday night caught 3 short bass on swim shads.

Saturday night my report is basically the same as Blaze's. Tried a few different spots within a span of 60 miles...

Found the bait but not the fish. Caught a couple hickory shad on teasers but thats it. Lots of guys out fishing in many different areas but didn't see one fish caught.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141025_200300.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	18996Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141025_200322.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	18997

I got 4 bass 3 at 26 to 27 inches 1 keeper at 29- 30 inches on Polaris popper. Was all alone This am on the incoming. Seen some huge blowups offshore.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast