Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for Oct 2014...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Nice going jbarbosa and vpass. I fished ocean city tonight on the incoming tide. Hardly any waves at all and it was calm and peaceful. There was a lotto bait some small stuff in the surf line. I was tossing a small shad with a teaser and the shad tail got bit off twice by small blues. Twice was enough to figure it out and finally switched to a bucktail and got a few of them. No stripers yet for me. Heard of a good bite to the north and can't wait to see some bass.

Worked some back sedge areas, Ocean county. Lots of bait. Came up empty handed. Back out tomorrow before or after the rain.

Fished moco this morning from 5-7. Acres of bait with nothing on them. No hits or misses.

Been out deep into the night past 2 days and the next wave of fish is here and moving...Pretty amazing fishing during the right time of the tide...I gotta be vague but i had 1 of my best nights ever in those 2 nights..2 nights 38 fish multiple keeper sized fish 28-34in..And about 6 that were around 20#...My biggest went 44in...My bud got a 42in...bucktails/pork and shads...Bunker were thick...Im running on about 7 hrs sleep for 2 days but god damn was it worth it!!! Top pic is my buddys 42...Bottom is my 44in hard to tell from the pic but she was beauty...Oh BTW everyone safely revived and released!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20141029_123349.jpg   20141028_051408.jpg  

20141029_053041.jpg   20141029_054151.jpg  

20141029_054354.jpg  

Wow wow wow bow to the cow!
    Awesome fishing dude! Bet you're still flying high, congrats!

Holy striped pajamas. Nice work man beautiful fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    Been out deep into the night past 2 days and the next wave of fish is here and moving...Pretty amazing fishing during the right time of the tide...I gotta be vague but i had 1 of my best nights ever in those 2 nights..2 nights 38 fish multiple keeper sized fish 28-34in..And about 6 that were around 20#...My biggest went 44in...My bud got a 42in...bucktails/pork and shads...Oh BTW everyone safely revived and released!
    Great report, congrats on all the catching and releasing!!!
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Blazin thats incredible. I see your reports a lot on here and you have got the skunk a lot of times too. Congrats on a great night of fishing you earned those fish. About how heavy was the heaviest bucktail you were using if you don't mind me asking?
    I fished moco from 3-7pm today. Must have missed an epic bite there were guys walking off the beach with nice bass when I got there. Bunker were all over but it didn't seem like much fish. I picked up one monster blue about 13lbs on a pencil popper. Great fight and released. Wish I could have seen more but they were hard to catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    Been out deep into the night past 2 days and the next wave of fish is here and moving...Pretty amazing fishing during the right time of the tide...I gotta be vague but i had 1 of my best nights ever in those 2 nights..2 nights 38 fish multiple keeper sized fish 28-34in..And about 6 that were around 20#...My biggest went 44in...My bud got a 42in...bucktails/pork and shads...Bunker were thick...Im running on about 7 hrs sleep for 2 days but god damn was it worth it!!! Top pic is my buddys 42...Bottom is my 44in hard to tell from the pic but she was beauty...Oh BTW everyone safely revived and released!
    Great job bud, you deserve it!!!

Thanks alot guys!!! I was running it thru my head all night it really was a night i wont ever forget!....Sometimes when ya go thru with a plan it works out just like you want it to....Dosent happen often but when it does its great!!
    It was 3/4oz with #70 porkstrip...Thats kinda all i use unless conditions call for a 1oz...They were also hitting storm shads the first night but that was because these fish on Tuesday night were keyed on baby weakfish...I saw at least a doz dead in the wash and on the beach when the bunker showed the next night i didnt have a shad big enuff and the BT worked perfectly...All my buddys fish were on a 6in white shad!....Felt good to get some sleep last night too

Wild bite last night, I had 2 fish in mid 20 lbs plus and a fair amount of fish to 28" Good variety of sizes is a great sign. Got me feeling positive about what is to come. The new White magnum Bomber did it for me tonight.

Nice job Shark!! Sounds like a great night!!

sharkhart and blazing awesome reports congrats on the stripers! I fished moco from 6-8am. I think the tide was incoming at the end. There was some action far out, maybe fish on bunker? The explosions were big but way too far out of casting range. Skunk for me. Will try again this weekend

Fished moco at first light. One 30" bass on polaris popper, released. basshunter I saw the same stuff you did. Just too far out to reach. Frustrating, and so it goes.

Awesome catches guys way to go! Will be out tonight fishing and trying to find some dead things to break my slump.

Island beach in the am. Deader than dead. Not many guys out. Looks like you guys to the north are finding some. Kudos and Good luck save some for us.

Awesome reports fellas. Thanks for the pics too they will keep me motivated until I can get out there again.

Looks like some better bass have finally hit our shores.Good job gents.

moco this AM. 2 keepers to 13# released, Needlefish. No bait, birds showing, or any other hits. just random casting.

Nice going fellas. Sometimes it rains and sometimes it pours. I was in the right place at the right time today. Started a little later than I usually do. After sunrise and the tide started coming back in the action got better as mostly blues and big bass were among the thousands of bunker. There were bunker, butterfish on the beach, rainfish and even some squid spit up by the bluefish. Throwing only large pencil poppers I managed 8 bass to 26#. over a dozen large blues to 13#. All bass were legal size. There was not one short among them which was disturbing. All fish still swimming. As hookset said the fish activity was not always showing and some were enticed with blind casting. Good day overall among the overcast skies.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast