Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for Oct 2014...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

did the boat thing

yesterday I had 6 fish 29 to 45 pounds 2 on jigs and 4 live lining bunker on circle hook not snag and drop

today I had 3 bass 22 to 33 pounds live lining bunker on circle hook not snag and drop
    all but one were released

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Nice going finchaser and on the releases as well. I did not see any short fish today, they were all larger sized bass. How about you?

Same here no shorts either but my fish don't count as much as the great job you did bucket head mine were boat fish

Nice!!!!!!!

Awesome reports way to find the fish guys! and even better that they were released way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Same here no shorts either but my fish don't count as much as the great job you did bucket head mine were boat fish
    Well the raritan bay boats don't seem to be slaying em so even though they were boat fish you must be doing something right. Congrats saw the pics in the other post they are beautiful fish!

Outstanding job guys many congrats on finding them! I am living vicariously through these reports. Thank you Sirs. In the office now and wishing I was fishing. Will try to get out this weekend. I hope the weather coming in doesn't ruin it.

Great job dudes way to get on the bass! nice job on the releases too. I am counting the days till we have numbers like that in cape may. Keeping fingers crossed for a decent Fall run.

A picture from today's intel Bucket head where are you

Finchaser I was off to the side. Some of the younger guys saw us catching fish and came running down like the calvary soldiers from WWII. I am too old to play games with those folks and just moved on. I kept walking looking for large concentrations of bait while many of the others were looking for blitzes with binoculars. After moving a bit I found some more fish and kept doing that so I was on the periphery. A lot of my fish were taken by blind casting. I did just as well or better than some of the younger folks literally running up and down the beach to follow the bunker. There was other bait under the surface. Ended up fishing next to 2 young Spanish or Mexican gentlemen. What impressed me is with all the good fishing going on they only left with 3 nice fish between them. Some of the club members I saw had a few fish laying around on the beach, possibly more than their limit. I feel there is some culling going on by some fishing club members and it should be addressed by their Presidents. I try to walk away as it sickens me to see it. I am too old to fight these young Vikings. I would rather catch fish on the edge than be in the midst of the mayhem.

Congratulations on your fish as well. I am impressed with your 45lb bass and have enjoyed your reports here for years. My 26, not so much although it was a good fish to me. I remember the old days at Giglios when a 26 would rarely cause a raised eyebrow because many of the "nice" fish weighed in were much bigger. Those were the days.

^^^Great job I must know you I use to go to giglio's when Art was there.

Yes the younger generation are all about blitz and cell phone fishing . I am not into that commando fishing either. It's amazing how us old folks still show respect for the sport, people and the fish. Many of them don't realize we taught them what they know not what we know. Anyway great catching the 26 from the beach is a greater achievement to me then a 45 from a boat

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789