Thread: The Best Tire Repair shop in North Jersey

Default The Best Tire Repair shop in North Jersey

I think over the years I've seen some posts here about tire places. There are lots of these Mom and Pop places in Newark and Elizabeth.

One of them was San Juan Tire on Rt 21 in Newark. I had come to know the owner and his nephew Richie. Hard working guys. Unfortunately the owner was a stubborn guy and didn't listen to the Dr's advisory to watch his health and what he ate, so he died. RIP.
    The place was for sale for an outrageous price and now sits empty in front of a gigantic new Car wash and oil change place.

Another nearby shop is one I have been going to for a while.
    Cocora Tire - Rt 21 and South Street

I do most of my own vehicle repairs and have been doing that for years. I tend to be around construction sites and bad areas at times..... so I sometimes get small nails and pieces of metal in the tire. I can plug a tire in a few minutes and usually carry a kit with me. No big deal.

However, getting older, it's become apparent that some jobs it's nice to farm out, like oil changes and minor tire repairs.

These guys will plug your tire for $5.
    If you want a better repair than that, they will take the tire off the rim and put a rubber patch on the inside for $7-10.
    In today's high-priced world, they offer some real value for those on a budget.

Looking for cheap used tires?
    (The truth is, some of what these types of shops sell is poor quality, highly used, and you have to know the brands and what you are looking for).....I spent many of my early years climbing around junkyards when you were allowed to take out your own parts.....so I know my way around yards and tire places....
    Still,
    1. if you know what you are looking for......
    2. Assertive about expressing what you want (without being demanding)
    3. Are realistic in your expectations (you're not going to get a set of 4 Pirelli tires at these places, you're better off shooting for 2 of the same brand)
    4. Willing to tip the guy doing the looking for you....

You can get some "in between" tires for $20-30 each, that will last you until the Winter, when you should always consider having good, and possibly brand new tires for safety.

Please remember to tip the guy who does your work...they are barely paid minimum and their income depends on it......
    And think of how convenient it is....to have someone else do that job for you......without you getting your hands dirty....
    Sometimes they're done in less than 10 minutes if you go during off-peak times......

Again, Cocora Tire......
    RT 21 and South Street.....Newark, NJ
    One of the best values out there......
    Ask for Junior......