Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Googan trip to Montauk......what's needed...googan advice....

Default Googan trip to Montauk......what's needed...googan advice....

Tonight on the way home from fishin I was talking to Finchaser.
    He suggested that since I was already in the car, and fishing is so inconsistent in NJ with lousy weather and S winds forecast for the next 5 days, that I just drive to Montauk.

I felt I needed some supplies first, so maybe you guys and gals can help me with a packing list....

BTW Finchaser is coming along, I'm on the way to his house to pick up the grouchy old basstard right now!

Here's my list:

* Pick up Finchaser.
    * Stop at CVS for some ear plugs so I don't have to hear him ranting and raving about Obama for the whole trip....

* Pick up lots of Band Aids for when I drag him out on the rocks for some rock hopping, and some whiskey to feed him shots to minimize the pain when he slides off one of those round rocks up there....

* Stop by the NY border to pick up Killie on the way. He'll say he wants to go, but at the last minute make an excuse why he can't come.

And the most important thing for our Montauk trip....

Clams, 25 dozen of them....
    and plenty of Bunker! So we can bait fish at the lighthouse at night!

We played a game when camping when I was a kid, sitting around the campfiire.
    One person started a story, and the others would just add to it, going around the circle...

So feel free to add to the supplies you feel we gooooooooooogans will be taking with us to Montauk....

And let us know if you're following along on the Googan Wagon Caravan....
    or just offering suggestions....

Thanks for all your help, as Finchaser and I are true newbies and could really use some Montauk advice....

Are those 2 riding in the same car as you? If so I feel sorry for them, dont forget to bring industrial air freshener for those stinking waders.

What to bring for googans: A few of those bell ringers that fit on the end of your rod so you know when you have a fish. Dark you are nuts.

Bucktails and yellow darters extra spool of line in case you lose too much & korkers stay off the locals rocks they are very protective of them.LMAO bait fishing in Montauk under the light thats funny don't neglect checking the open beach behind town and Hither Hills many have stood in a circle jerk at the light while the beach lights up.Check out Gin Beach by the inlet.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

DS you have more of a chance of growing breasts and becoming a woman than me going to Montauk with you

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    DS you have more of a chance of growing breasts and becoming a woman than me going to Montauk with you
    For the sake of humanity, please go to Montauk with Dark.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    X2, this thread is sick!
    PS how about the light sticks that all the spanish guys put on the tips of their rods at night, you need them too.

Just bring finchaser's cell phone contacts and I am sure you will be fine.
    Also don't forget the googan bucket.

pork roll & cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Bad news guys, I got to his house to pick him up and he wouldn't go.
    He wouldn't even open his front door. He threw a bunch of stale hard rolls at me from a half opened window. He must have been using a rocket launcher, because those rolls came at me with deadly accuracy. I even think a few stale calzones were in the mix!

He said something about "Go and feed those damn birds and get the hell out of here, you googan dillydock!"

"Send Finchaser to Montauk" campaign...
    I need your help guys and gals....
    Please call the Old Grouchy Basstard..
    Call, write, or PM the basstard, it doesn't matter how ya do it, but please get in touch with him, ask him why he bailed on the Montauk trip with me.......

There are literally dozens of 24-26" baby bass to be caught up there right now, and we have to be there to take advantage of that incredible fall monster run that is happening, as we speak, with those dozens of baby bass....

So let's get those PMs and e-mails going, folks, remember the Send a Kid to Camp Campaign??

Let's send Finchaser to Montauk!
    Thanks, people!

Thats a long ride for you 2 to be in the same vehicle lets takes bets on how far they get it certainly won't be Montauk.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
    Thats a long ride for you 2 to be in the same vehicle lets takes bets on how far they get it certainly won't be Montauk.
    I got $50 that says Finchaser throws Dark out of the car while they are still on the LIE.
    Anyone want in on that action?

This thread could be the beginning of a sitcom, the googan and the grouch go to Montauk! Funny stuff let's keep it going.

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    I got $50 that says Finchaser throws Dark out of the car while they are still on the LIE.
    Anyone want in on that action?
    I say they get as far as the Deli, when Dark goes in to get the samwiches Finchaser stays in car and the takes off and leaves Dark there.

But the possibility exists that Finchaser stops at the light to throw out Dark's stinky waders.......Dark who may have seen Finchaser leave may chase him and jump back in at the light. Finchaser's first get away may be unsuccessful.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

cruisin thru lon gilsland the other day - two guys passed me with a pair of waders flapping wildly out the window - quite a commotion going on - these came flying out of the waders - just had to get a picture - or nobody would have believed me -

This will be the trip to hell if it ever does go down. I suggest you put Willie Nelson's "On the Road Again" on the CD and try to make the best of it. BTW there are no fish in Montauk right now, fished it a few days ago and couldn't even manage one rat. The SS is much better fishing right now.

And just when you think all is well Rich finds West Wind Wally and Fin just says put that damn finger puppet away I don't want to hear it I thought you lost that damn thing.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Captain Insaneo (DS)needs to do this trip alone,or find someone like him,as I don't:

1) Have smelly waders
    2) Feed birds
    3) Eat samwitches especially ones that are 3 days old from a cooler with clams and bunker
    4) Sleep in roadside Johnnie on the spots
    5) Live out of a compact car for a week
    6) Call 7-11 and Wawa home cooking
    7) Wear the same clothes for a week
    8) Wears shorts with sneakers. high white socks and korkers
    9) I do not own a googan bucket
    10) Last but not least plays with,talks to and video tapes finger puppets

OK so who wants to go!!!! in my place I can set it up

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast