Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for Nov 2014...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Default NJ Fishing Reports for Nov 2014...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

We're gonna try something different this month.
    Short and sweet......

1. Post your fishing reports here if ya want.....
    2. Be as specific as ya want....but remember the limited access....If you don't enjoy fishing next to 40 friends at night in a 400 foot section of beach, think before ya post.....
    3. Location - Out front, out back, or the county...further details on the first page of any past S&A monthly fishing reports.

4. Moderation...
    I rarely have time to moderate these threads.
    If something needs to be addressed,and you are a contributing member.....please PM me or send an e-mail via the report post button.
    Have been working double time to resolve some issues in my life, and for the rest of the year I need to get out more and fish.

**Any spot burning, petty disputes, or bickering...please resolve them like adults......or they will be addressed by Finchaser and Vpass showing up at your door....and taking ya's for a long ride to sleep with the fish.....
    Hope that's clear...
    There are fish to be caught...ya can't catch em from the couch....Winter will be here before we know it.....so get out there....and fish!....

Thanks for your cooperation and for being such a great group!
    Credit to Finchaser and JB for the new format....any complaints take it up with them....

Some folks are registering and are still confused so I'll need to post this separately.
    If anyone has any suggestions to make this process more painless....your feedback is always welcome.....thanks...

NJ Fishing Reports for November 2014.....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

**Important when registering on our site -- use an active email address so you can activate your account to be able to post. If you began to register and can't post, check your
    spam folder for your activation instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    We're gonna try something different this month.
    Short and sweet......

If something needs to be addressed,and you are a contributing member.....please PM me or send an e-mail via the report post button.

Love this line Rich. F the lurkers they don't give anything back. New format looks ok to me. Finchaser and Vpass as S and A enforcers awesome stuff! Thanks for all you and Pebbles do.
    I fished nomoco into the dark and rain yesterday. don't know why I did it got pretty bad so I gave up after 2 hours. Picked up one fish on polaris popper when I got there, 30" healthy bass with sea lice, released. Nothing was showing in the water. Thanks for that tip about blind casting, guys.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	19031Click image for larger version. 

Name:	007.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	19032couldn't take it any more had to get out ....fished ocean 9 to 11 ....no clue on the tide ....just went out ...no wind ..no signs of bait ....I was limited on where to go ....no pass if you know what I mean .....had the beach to myself ...managed this one guy on a eel needle I just made .....

Nice job Steve and madcaster....Nice needle BTW!

I got out last night 730-1130pm..Wind wasnt bad at first but then picked up pretty good...Saw fish caught i couldnt get a bunp until about 20 mins before i was gonna leave managed 1 lil guy about 23in of SS black needle..It was a frustrating night!

Decided to see what the fuss was about in moco. Was there from 5-9am. Surf was too rough and violent to get into a good bite with a strong sweep but there was some action. 3 oz bucktail with pork, picked up a few fish. Conditions not that great and resulted in a very slow pick. Should hopefully clean up by monday. Hope the fish don't clear out by then. Bass don't like sand in there gills.

Quote Originally Posted by madcaster View Post
    no clue on the tide ....just went out ...no wind ..no signs of bait ....I was limited on where to go ....no pass if you know what I mean .....had the beach to myself ...managed this one guy on a eel needle I just made .....
    Way to be a leader not a follower. Nice going man.

Wow you guys must have gotten into it when it was blowing NE and a lot less because I just came from the beach and it has turned to the north 20 miles per hour steady. If anyone can throw a bucktail and catch a fish in that slop I salute you because you are def a better fisherman than me. I am good with a small chop but this surf has gotten big and nasty. jigfreak appreciate the tips about it cleaning up by monday I think you have a point there. Why would fish want to swim in close with sandy water when they can feed off the beach in cleaner water?

Yeah I tried too in Cape May today. For about 5 minutes. Water like yoo hoo. Then I quit and went home for some brandy in hot chocolate. Brrrr. congrats for being in the right place at the right time. Now send some fish to us!

Is the Hampster finnaly back on the wheel for this site?? I am hoping this NE pushed some fish into the back to get away from the crowds, I bet Fin knows what im talking about, thats the old pattern

Got out this am before work 3am-7am...Walked alot..wind was still NW at first but then switched to more of a W and flattened the water out...Once the sun started to come up iu could see the water was chocolaty..Which i was kin of figuring..Started to make my way back towards the Jeep and found a bunch of pods of bunker/butter fish they were all in smaller pods but all up and down the beach threw on a SS popper and tried..I only came up 1 big explosion but he missed it ...Nothin else after that....I was glad that the bunker were still arou7nd after the storm also noticed some small bait in the wash...SO i skunked out but did catch a nice sunrise...

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    .Once the sun started to come up iu could see the water was chocolaty..Which i was kin of figuring..Started to make my way back towards the Jeep and found a bunch of pods of bunker/butter fish they were all in smaller pods but all up and down the beach threw on a SS popper and tried..I only came up 1 big explosion but he missed it ...Nothin else after that....I was glad that the bunker were still arou7nd after the storm also noticed some small bait in the wash...SO i skunked out but did catch a nice sunrise...
    I had a similar experience this morning blazin. The bunker were there further out. It was like chocolate milk but the surf was laying down. The surf in close was filled with rain bait and some sandeels. I could not even raise a fish with a teaser and bucktail combo or working a small diamond jig. Sometimes its one of those days. That's what it was for me today. Complete skunk in the morning in moco despte many different varieties of bait around. At least we tried. Back out tomorrow. Good luck fellas.

got a reliable report of a thresher 300 yards off the beach yesterday nearby.

you KNOW there are bunker around when that happens

Got out this am 6 till 10..Woke up late...Couldnt get in the right spot..saw fish caught....I got the skunk ...water was still a bit cloudy and flat like a lake..

Two of us fished NOMOCO 1pm - 6pm and found some large bunker close to the beach in one spot and only saw one bluefish caught. Fished a different spot and saw peanut bunker with a few fish busting on them, but only saw two small bass caught. Noticed a lot of rainfish here also. Checked a few more spots and ended the day where we saw the rainfish, which were still there, but we only had one hit and saw nothing caught by a few other fishermen out there.

Well I dont feel bad about joining the skunk patrol then. Got out in nomoco 5-9pm yesterday. I saw one fish caught when I got there a small bass on a teaser about 19". I used teasers, bucktails, plugs, and poppers and did not catch a thing! Along with about 20 other guys. The smell of skunk was everywhere.

Fished so mo co from 8-10 last night. Add me to the skunk patrol. Threw the bag. Nada

Fished last night with 25 of my closest friends (I counted).

Started off with just me, Rui and about 5 other guys. Rui and I caught a short each within our first couple of casts on bucktails. Thought it was going to be a good night. Before you know it groups of 4 and 5 guys show up at a time and your fishing shoulder to shoulder making it practically non fishable.

Saw 8 bass caught in a 5 hour window including our two fish.

So 25 guys / 8 fish = .32 fish per angler / 5 hours = .064 fish per hour per angler!

Need Vpass and Finchaser to come fishing with me so when a group of 4 guys tries to stick themselves between 10ft of space we can shove them in the water.

Rant over!!!!

forgot to mention water has cleaned up good...was crystal clear last night

At least you tried JB. Had some luck this morning with a bunker pod in OC. They were in tight early and managed one 19pound bass on a SS popper. A few others were caught. back tomorrow, or maybe tonight after work.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast