Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for Nov 2014...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Congrats on the catch and thanks for the report about the sand eels. They are getting them in the DB too. Just read a capts report he got them good.

Did the boat thing yesterday 1 bass 31 pounds on a jig still alive and well

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Nice job jgfreak and finchaser. I saw where a large body have moved on down to Island beach. Thanks for saving some for us! Hopefully we will get some soon. Fall is almost over!

Fished last night 730-130am...Decent night..No real wind water was calm but clean..1st spot havent been to in a while managed 2 bass 1@29in and a 24in..The 29in hammered a chicken scratch bomber..Met up with some buds about 930 and decided to make a move...Glad we did i managed another 7 all 26in to 28in..My 1 bud had 7 also and lost a realll nice fish in the wash..and the other bud had 2 bass and a big ole blue! Mag darter got them all. .Had to work it painfully slow and the fish would slam it when ya stopped it...Must have missed and drop about a doz fish...Fun fishing with some good company!

Awesome report blazin! Thanks for the tips about retrieving the md slowly too.

Moco in the morning. Managed some bass this morning that were harassing small bait. Peanut bunker, rainfish and spearing. Small bucktail with white grub and redgill teaser. Picked 6 - to 9# all still swimming. Outgoing tide and wind SE with rain maybe 10-12 mph definitely fishable.
    nice fish and release finchaser.

I bagged plan A of fishing with 30 guys fished Ocean county last night and had a good night night on shorts, then the prize toward the end a 21-22lber, napped in car for hours to await sunup and it stunk

Fished Moco out front from 1:00-10:30 this morning.
    Started off loosing a bass on SS darter just before landing it. Then picked up 2 shorts on purple 4" Shimano Silent Assassin. largest was ~26 inches (hit right in the lip of the beach). Lost a bass on a yellow small metal lip (saw the bass come up and whack the plug) and missed a nice hit on the SS darter. Saw a lot of spearing. All my action was in the dark. Could not find a fish as soon as it got light out. Had a great time, really like fishing in that type of weather. Had beach to myself in the dark and only saw 2 others out fishing in the light.

Great reports everyone!!!!
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

sharkhart I bet you were psyched when you found that fat bass with all the smaller ones. Just goes to show you never know what you will find out there at night. I gave in to the temptation tonight to follow the crowd and fished no mo co. Boy was it crowded someone must have got a big fish there today. I got one striper 26" on a bucktail when I first got there at 5 and every 10 minutes after that it got more crowded. I left when the number of guys seemed like the invasion of the mongrel hordes. They just kept coming and coming in groups of 2 or 3. doesn't anyone fish by themselves any more?
    After that I drove a few towns south and made a stop. There was bait in the wash so what the heck I gave it a chance. 2 short stripers to 23" on SP and teaser. One on teaser one on the SP. Couldn't stay out any longer so I called it a night. Was fun to catch a few away from the crowd even if they were small. Temperature and water was great. Fun night of fall fishing. Congrats gents your reports inspired me to get out early today.

Awesome reports fellas. Good to know there are some bass around. I fished moco from 4-6. There were a lot of rainfish or spearing in the surf. I was using an ava with green tail and could not get a hit. The guys fishing where I was didn't do so hot either. Saw one fish caught in that time.

Great reports. Got out and fished completely in the dark. Outgoing and part of incoming. Picked up 17 little guys and one keeper at 30". Let the keeper go to keep the Fish Gods happy. Redfin and teaser setup worked for me, slow retrieve. Good times.

Great reports guys!! Wow steve thats a great night nice job on the C&R!

I got out last night..I knew it would be a tuff night since im dead tired from fishng the past 5 days in row and working off of about 15hrs sleep between those 5 days ...Started at 930 fished till 1230am...I managed 2 fish 1 that was about 28in and a small 22in both hit the chicken scratch SP...Had a few other bumps..Was gonna move to spot and give it a go but on my last cast i snapped the line and away flew my BT Said screw it and packed it in...Taking a break for the weekend..Gotta spend some time with the wife before i find all my stuff on the fron steps hahaha

Thanks blazin. I felt like I hit the lottery when I found them. Fishing has been so hit and miss for me I was getting ready to send God a prayer and ask him to stock the pond lol. And then last night the pond was stocked with little guy. Mostly very small except for the one keeper but hey they fought good.

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    Great reports. Got out and fished completely in the dark. Outgoing and part of incoming. Picked up 17 little guys and one keeper at 30". Let the keeper go to keep the Fish Gods happy. Redfin and teaser setup worked for me, slow retrieve. Good times.
    Nice job Steve

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    Great reports. Got out and fished completely in the dark. Outgoing and part of incoming. Picked up 17 little guys and one keeper at 30". Let the keeper go to keep the Fish Gods happy. Redfin and teaser setup worked for me, slow retrieve:
    Great report.
    Congrats on the catching. Gotta love the redfins.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    .Taking a break for the weekend..Gotta spend some time with the wife before i find all my stuff on the fron steps hahaha
    Youre doing the right thing. When Mama ain't happy, nobody's happy.
    Fished a few beaches this morning. Fishing sucked for me. One small runt at sunup on the sp. Beaches not crowded everyone must of gone to ibsp to chase the B&N reports.

Skunked today in ocean county guys every ten yards all go skunked too, no bunker, hear them slide down to LBI. if we dont get sand eels, big problems

Glad I am not the only one to get skunked out. I fished ocean county from 6-7:30 today.I opted not to go to Island Beach but fished some bars and fishy looking cuts above it. It looked tasty as there seemed to be a lot of bait and birds on that small bait. I tossed shads, avas and SPs and could not buy a hit. Where are the sand eels?

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    if we dont get sand eels, big problems
    spot on I agree. Congrats on your catching the other night. Read your report, was a little jealous. You really know how to find em. congrats everyone else, Storming steve looks like you had a great night. Congrats as well.

Just got done. Fished moco 3-4:30. Harsh northwest was so intense I was sure it would give up some action. Cold, brisk, perfect november afternoon. I think someone forgot to tell the fish. Will try to go again this weekend. Hope to see at least one bend at the end of the rod.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    Skunked today in ocean county guys every ten yards all go skunked too, no bunker, hear them slide down to LBI. if we dont get sand eels, big problems
    Wow thanks for a truthful report. The way betty and nicks had it hyped you would have thought 30 pounders were laying everywhere. kudos to the fellas who are catching. I just have not been able to get out at the right times.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast