Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New for 2015?,,,,,,,,,,

Those plugs are either 9 or 10 inches long? How much do they weight and how do you cast them without breaking your rod? btw I think they are nice and cool. Just don't think I could cast them without breaking my rod and was wondering what kind of heavy duty setup you are using. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by porgy75 View Post
    Those plugs are either 9 or 10 inches long? How much do they weight and how do you cast them without breaking your rod? btw I think they are nice and cool. Just don't think I could cast them without breaking my rod and was wondering what kind of heavy duty setup you are using. thanks
    Hi Porgy75,the top piece is not heavy at all,it is about 3 oz,the bottom one is heavier and it has to be around 4 or a touch more.
    they are not wide bodied at all,they are on the slim side[for me],my other big swimmers will bust a rod that's not for heavy fishing though.most of what I fish is from 4-7 oz with some of them being 3 oz.
    my heaviest is 8 oz.
    my big sticks which I have 5 are rated anywhere from 2-6 or 3-8oz and range from 9 ft 10.
    I am working on,,,slowly,an old daiwa regal surf rod that's glass and 11 feet,rated 4 oz,was a spinning rod but,will convert it to a winch rod.
    got it for nothing and it's in decent shape.
    should work out well.

Big Charlie-8oz.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails H-H PlugWerx 040.jpg  
    Takes a Big Man to sling Big Wood,,,,boys sling plastic,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Rip-Plugger View Post
    most of what I fish is from 4-7 oz with some of them being 3 oz.
    my heaviest is 8 oz.

Big Charlie-8oz.
    Wow heavy stuff. You have to be using conventionals for your big stick rods. Those are MONSTER plugs. Hope you catch some monsters in size with them.

Quote Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
    Wow heavy stuff. You have to be using conventionals for your big stick rods. Those are MONSTER plugs. Hope you catch some monsters in size with them.
    winches are what I fish with exclusively, only use a spinner during the late fall when the air temp is in the high 30's.keeps the hands dry and warmer than wet hands from the casting reels.
    any other time it's winch reels totally.
    I do get large with them too and sometimes a 30 incher will slam the crap out of a large swimmer.guess they have big balls sometimes.
    a large swimmer gets their attention,either they run away or they slam it.

Aah that makes a lot more sense then. Thanks for the explanation and sharing the pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    A big thank you to Roddy (Rip-Plugger).
    He sends me a plug I get yesterday (great surprise), it gets me my largest blue of the year so far this morning (~32 inches).
    Swims great.

I get goosebumps everytime I look at this picture,,,,

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345