Thread: New Long Shot Bomber

Default New Long Shot Bomber

Fished the new 5 inch version it comes in 3 sizes

I fished and caught on the 5 inch for the second time the plug casts well and swims good in skinny water.

Comes with all HD hooks and rings comes in 9 NE colors
    Length Weight Hooks Crank Trolling Qty
    5 in 3/4 oz #2 2 - 3' 3 - 5' 1
    6 in 1 3/16 oz 2/0 2 - 4' 4 - 8' 1
    7 in 1 3/4 oz 4/0 2 - 4' 4 - 8' 1

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

I agree that the 5" long shot bomber casts and tracks well. I also bought the 6" plug to compare both. I tried both plugs on a day that the wind was east about 10 knots. The 6" plug wavered on every cast, while the 5" plug casted like a bullet every cast and actually went a little longer. Tried both plugs on a calm day and the 6" plug went a little longer but hit bottom when it got close.The 5" plug didn't hit bottom. The finish and colors on these plugs look pretty nice.

Bombers were always better in quieter water now they just cast better the SP is better in heavier water IMO.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Quote Originally Posted by fishrich View Post
    I agree that the 5" long shot bomber casts and tracks well. I also bought the 6" plug to compare both. I tried both plugs on a day that the wind was east about 10 knots. The 6" plug wavered on every cast, while the 5" plug casted like a bullet every cast and actually went a little longer. Tried both plugs on a calm day and the 6" plug went a little longer but hit bottom when it got close.The 5" plug didn't hit bottom. The finish and colors on these plugs look pretty nice.

Thanks for the analysis and comparison guys. That's interesting that a 6" plug would not swim as well as a 5" one. does anyone know what the retail prices of these will be? thanks

5" is $8.50 to $8.99
    6 and 7" are $9.99

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
    Bombers were always better in quieter water now they just cast better the SP is better in heavier water IMO.
    I agree I think the bombers don't dive as deep as the SPs in shallow water as well. Fellas thank you for the review & info. Will have to check them out. will try to stop at Giglios this week to take a look.

Tried them and think the 5" work better for skinny water. The 6 or 7" may have a slight edge in inlets or deeper water but it is not a great casting plug. The 5" has a better track and cast. For now with all the small bait around I would use the 5" one. You need lighter wind conditions to toss it out though. Nice review finchaser.