Default Joe Cocker is gone

I mostly remember the song with a little help from my friends. RIP Joe
    http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...er-dead-at-70/

Joe Cocker dead at 70

Published December 22, 2014FoxNews.com
    Facebook3410 Twitter505 livefyre141 Email Print

Now Playing Joe Cocker dead at 70
    autoplay videos

Joe Cocker, the singer and songwriter whose hits included "You Are So Beautiful" and "Up Where We Belong," has died of lung cancer, his agent, Barrie Marshall, confirmed to FOX411.
    Cocker was 70 years old.

"Joe Cocker is a legendary artist of rock and blues history and yet he was one of the most humble men I've ever met," said Edgar Berger, who signed Joe Cocker to Sony Music Entertainment. "His iconic voice will forever be etched in our memories and our thoughts go out to Joe's wife Pam and his family at this difficult time. Joe will live on in the hearts of millions of fans around the world."

One of the most prolific artists of his era, Cocker released 40 albums over his 50 year career. The British-born superstar had his first No. 1 U.K. hit in 1968 with The Beatles' tune "With a Little Help from My Friends." He then took his tune to Woodstock in 1969, and it later became the theme song for the beloved family sitcom "The Wonder Years."

Former Beatle Ringo Starr quickly took to social media to react to the news of Cocker's death.
    The Grammy award winner was known for a powerhouse raspy voice as well as his mesmerizing, convulsive on-stage delivery. Cocker's hits also included top songs like "Everybody Hurts" and "Ain't No Sunshine."
    Cocker received an OBE (Order of The British Empire) in 2011 for his contribution to music.
    There will be a private memorial for the rock legend.
    Cocker is survived by his wife, Pam, his brother Victor Cocker, his step-daughter Zoey Schroeder and his two grandchildren.

R.I.P. Joe
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

RIP Joe........
    One of my favorites of his.....and a song I have come to lean on in hard times....Rings as true today as when he first sang it.....

rip Mr Joe.