Thread: The Meaning of Christmas - Have we lost it?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post

As I looked at him....I was thinking about my circumstances...and a lot of us...and how close we could be to being homeless....if just a few things didn't go our way....it's not really that hard to imagine how any one of us could be a victim of circumstances...with a few bad obstacles mounting up before us....
    That was a nice gesture. Christ washed the feet of his disciples. You are so right on that darkskies. I had lost touch with a friend from the Army. I received notice of his death. He had been living on the streets of Los Angeles. He had a 2nd mortgage due to health problems and fell behind. None of us can know what the future brings. Live each day as if it were your last. God Bless and Merry Christmas.

dude that is admirable but you gotta be careful. Watch out for the hep. I would prob not do that. At the very least would want to have gloves. Be safe. I agree with you about the holiday being about the $$. The wallyworld in ocean county has been insane for the last 3 days. Will be even worse when the after xmas specials start. Just got a circular in the mail. When I grew up there was some people that didn't even want the nativity scene to be included in the town square. Damn communists thats what it is. Or libs. Either way I agree we seem to have lost our way from the meaning of Christmas.