Thread: NJ Fishing reports for Jan - Mar 2015 - wwwStripersAndAnglers.com

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    well you are better than me I was only near the water for about a half hours. Everything looked so totally dead and I had read the water temp was around 40 so didnt see the point. Had a good time walking along the shoreline though. There were no dead things just clean and clear beaches.
    What do you guys use to take the water temp?

Quote Originally Posted by barrys View Post
    There are a bunch of site to use...For the back bay spots i use the USGS web site for the locations i fish Just google the area and water temp they should come up..They might not be 100% accurate but they give you a idea as to what the temps are( i will say the Keansburg 1 is a bit off IMHO its always up and down)...Also swell info has 1 for the ocean as well and Surfers view(which also has web cams to check current conditions..

I check them daily and today they all seem to be about 41 deg...SeaBright/Shrewsbury=40.5....South Amboy/Raritain river=41.5....Keansburg/Waackaack Creek=40...They havent topped 43 deg yet so we need a few more deg before it gets good IMHO...Like i said early this month 2nd-3rd week in April till a real push of fish start..Hopefully im wrong but it doesnt look that way

Quote Originally Posted by barrys View Post
    A thermometer designed for taking stream temperatures. Basically a mercury thermometer with an aluminum out side shell extremely accurate. I attach to the snap on my leader from surf or boat as I have 4 of these. I keep one in my truck with a line attached to get temperature at the mouth of inlet for ocean, canal for upper bay and a dock for river.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again