Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing reports for Jan - Mar 2015 - wwwStripersAndAnglers.com

We only got about 2 inches up in the rb. Looks like we missed the brunt of it finchaser. Are you out shoveling?

Big D report! Hit up the river after church today. Water is cold and my bloods got untouched by stripers. did catch a few white perch tho. Talked to an old guy down by the river area that I like to go to. The shad are in the river and the stripers wont be too far behind! Like you guys said come on spring!

6" all melted ocean 39 today

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

soon, soon, soon if I hear another soon I'm going to pop someone in the head. don't mind me gents I'm just going a little stir crazy. took a ride along the beach today and couldn't even find any small bait, spearing, crabs, or subtle signs of herring. Deader than a witches t** out there. I say that we need 2 weeks of some sun. seamonkey good luck and hope you catch something because it sure as heck isn't going to happen for us in the north anytime soon.

like finchaser said its just to damn cold.

X2 I agree. Just a heads up the bunker are in the bay. Saw them flipping yesterday. A little too frigid for the bass right now tho.

Nice going seamonkey at least you tried.

Quote Originally Posted by ledhead36 View Post
    X2 I agree. Just a heads up the bunker are in the bay. Saw them flipping yesterday. A little too frigid for the bass right now tho.
    Glad to here some bunka is around...Just gotta get them temps up..RB hasnt been more then 43 yet..Hopefully the end of this week itll hit the 44-45 mark!

Good luck gents. I was driving along the shore yesterday after work and saw an osprey nest. Their have to be bunker or something around or else they will go hungry. Thanks for keeping the interest one of us should catch something soon!

I think things are starting to look promising. Because of the cold winter the activity will be delayed for about 3 weeks longer than normal. It all depends on bay area water temperatures sticking in the mid 40 degree range for about a week. You will hear of the first stirrings on the bay and sedge flats because that is where the water is warmest. Look for outgoing tide to start giving up the most action.

I guess we're all going a little stir crazy thats all. Great reports guys keep em coming. At least some of the guys here are out fishing and trying.

Thanks basshunter. I figured we have to do our part. I enjoy the banter and the reads here. Whether we catch or not we are helping the local tackle shops. They really do need it.

Went out last night to sling some snot! Fished from 9pm till about 1230am..Air temps were decent and the rain passed..But unfortunately not a tap...Water was clean and calm...Only good part was i was all by myself ...No one insight..Water felt cold...Its good that the temps are slowly rising with no big drops but it still need some warm sun to get it up a bit more...Should be soon...

Went out after work today to just check out the ocean I havent been there in so long. Brought a rod and bucktail with me but didn't take it out. The ocean was dead. I was down in sb is that a spot burn if I didn't catch any fish lol?
    The ocean was foggy and there was some white water. Maybe enough white water to convince monty to fish nj? Anyway it was a nice time out there looking at the ocean. Come on spring!

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    Went out last night to sling some snot! Fished from 9pm till about 1230am..Air temps were decent and the rain passed..But unfortunately not a tap...Water was clean and calm...
    well you are better than me I was only near the water for about a half hours. Everything looked so totally dead and I had read the water temp was around 40 so didnt see the point. Had a good time walking along the shoreline though. There were no dead things just clean and clear beaches.

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    well you are better than me I was only near the water for about a half hours. Everything looked so totally dead and I had read the water temp was around 40 so didnt see the point. Had a good time walking along the shoreline though. There were no dead things just clean and clear beaches.
    What do you guys use to take the water temp?

Quote Originally Posted by barrys View Post
    What do you guys use to take the water temp?
    There are a bunch of site to use...For the back bay spots i use the USGS web site for the locations i fish Just google the area and water temp they should come up..They might not be 100% accurate but they give you a idea as to what the temps are( i will say the Keansburg 1 is a bit off IMHO its always up and down)...Also swell info has 1 for the ocean as well and Surfers view(which also has web cams to check current conditions..

I check them daily and today they all seem to be about 41 deg...SeaBright/Shrewsbury=40.5....South Amboy/Raritain river=41.5....Keansburg/Waackaack Creek=40...They havent topped 43 deg yet so we need a few more deg before it gets good IMHO...Like i said early this month 2nd-3rd week in April till a real push of fish start..Hopefully im wrong but it doesnt look that way

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    There were no dead things just clean and clear beaches.
    Still to cold for dead things. Middle of April is usually when dead stuff starts appearing, maybe late April this year. Congrats on getting out there, I walked a beach in LI a few weeks ago, was good getting out, Storminsteve is likely still hibernating.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Gave it another go yesterday afternoon till dark....Fished in some good company which was great cause it helped since no fish came out to play! That cold on Sat night had my expectations low..Even tried some fresh dug worms from John and Rui not a tap!...Im liking the way this weeks tides are looking so ill be out there a couple days this week after work...Its been a long time since i didnt catch a single bass in March

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast