Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing reports for Jan - Mar 2015 - wwwStripersAndAnglers.com

Default NJ Fishing reports for Jan - Mar 2015 - wwwStripersAndAnglers.com

Short and sweet......

1. Post your fishing reports here if ya want.....
    2. Be as specific as ya want....but remember the limited access....If you don't enjoy fishing next to 40 friends at night in a 400 foot section of beach, think before ya post.....
    3. Location - Out front, out back, or the county...further details on the first page of any past S&A monthly fishing reports.

4. Moderation...
    I rarely have time to moderate these threads.
    If something needs to be addressed,and you are a contributing member.....please PM me or send an e-mail via the report post button.

Thanks for your cooperation and for being such a great group!
    Remember the "back" and the inlets are closed this time of year. If you're catching fish there, it's probably not the best idea to brag about it and post on a public forum.....food for thought......

Winter 2015 has been relatively mild so far.
    Some fish have shown up. Some small schoolies in the surf.
    Others, enough to pull a little drag, in scattered numbers following the herring.

The usual places may hold fish.....
    Some of them are illegal to fish at after Jan 1.....

I was at a party last night where they were talking about some of the trash and disrespectful behavior in those areas...so if you do fish there, please try to pick up after yourselves. If it were me, I would try not to bring too much attention to myself....but maybe that's just me......

When reports come up, I might transition them to the Winter Fishing thread and close this thread down....
    Anyone who is a regular here will know where to find that thread......

It's fun to get out and wet a line....
    And for many of us...it's needed therapy....
    Good luck...People....
    Let's hope for a better year ahead.

Some folks are registering and are still confused so I'll need to post this separately.
    If anyone has any suggestions to make this process more painless....your feedback is always welcome.....thanks...

NJ Fishing Reports for November 2014.....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

**Important when registering on our site -- use an active email address so you can activate your account to be able to post. If you began to register and can't post, check your
    spam folder for your activation instructions.

Live report, out and about in moco. Saw 3 other guys. None of us caught anything in the last hour tossing plugs. taking a break now with some hot coco from the thermos. Back out in a few minutes. Will report if I catch anything.

Thanks for the report. Dead in cape may. My bud has off this week and was out 4 times. He said all the skates and doggies you want. Otherwise no luck.

Skunked yesterday. Well at least I tried for a new years fish. I heard it will be 50 degrees on sat may try again.

Fished Moco this morning from 7-9. Looked real fishy out there the seas are starting to build up a little ahead of the rain. Some decent white water. Tossed a bucktail and shad, no fish for me.

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Well at least I tried for a new years fish. I heard it will be 50 degrees on sat may try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by hookedonbass View Post
    Fished Moco this morning from 7-9. Looked real fishy out there the seas are starting to build up a little ahead of the rain. Some decent white water.
    Good to see a few guys getting out and doing some fishing
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Looks like the fat lady has finally sung. Damn it's cold out there.

Yeah and it shut down the fishing big time.

Yes it did. Took a walk on the beach this morning. It was bitter cold. There seems to be no moderation in temperature until Sunday. Bundle up gents.

Well there's always herring.

I read they're crushing the herring in LI. By the buckets.

Took a walk on the water's edge this morning. No fishing just walking. Beautiful sunrise and some good surf. Other wise no signs of life.

Thanks for posting the reports fellas. Always good to hear someone walking the surf line even though no fish are around. I find myself at work stealing a glance at some of the surf cams just to have a brief look at the water!

went out today to clear out some of r early spots. lots of trash and lots of ice. that is all

White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

The glow in the dark stripers...
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

That power plant zone should be C&R... hey, I know they went out, crawled through fences or whatever. But a bunch of guys running there so they can get first fish prizes for tackle shops all over NJ seems wrong to me.

Sorry if this comes off as sour grapes, and those are two nice fish (not like they are poaching schoolies), but something about those catches bothers me.

Dave from the absecon shop even KNEW they were power plant fish (duh) and couldn't care less as it's action for his scale a pic and free advertizing for all the other frozen in shops.

Some here may know my distain for tourneys anyway, but at least some shops run specific local tourneys (example, Andy at riptide has the brigantine only contest... perhaps someone cheats there but the shop rules are clear anyway)

ah well, clearly I got the cabin fever grumps... tight lines all

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by surfrob View Post
    That power plant zone should be C&R... hey, I know they went out, crawled through fences or whatever. But a bunch of guys running there so they can get first fish prizes for tackle shops all over NJ seems wrong to me.

Sorry if this comes off as sour grapes, and those are two nice fish (not like they are poaching schoolies), but something about those catches bothers me.

.. tight lines all
    Yeah, Dave always puts the publicity ahead of everything else. I'm surprised he admitted they came from oyster. Maybe he felt ppl would not believe it if he didn't put that disclaimer in there. Andy at Riptide tries to be much fairer about it. I like his rules better. You don't need to apologize for sour grapes surfrob. I feel the same way. Fishing there is like fishing in a goldfish bowl. You know you will get fish. This year it's a little different because they changed the schedule and were told to keep the discharge temp lower but it's still like fishing in a fishbowl. About the same as hiring a charter boat capt to bring you out in the middle of a bunker blitz so you can drop a livie and get a 40. No skill involved at all. jmho of course

Not trying to start a war here but it's not that easy to catch bass when they are on bunker. You do have to target the pods which have bass under them. That really does take some experience! The most skill involves the super modern clambrella rig though. Only sharpies use them. It's easy to fail if you don't know what you are doing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails clambrellatrolling.jpg  

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast