Thread: New SP Needle /Darter

Default New SP Needle /Darter

Got to test the new SP darter/Needle fish IMO it casts (tumbles) and swims horribly compared to the SP minnow and Super Strike needle. Should be out by Spring of 2015

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Thanks for the honesty and reviews Bob.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

I read that they were coming out with that but have not yet seen any preliminary reviews. Thanks for the honesty as well finchaser.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Got to test the new SP darter/Needle fish IMO it casts (tumbles) and swims horribly compared to the SP minnow and Super Strike needle. Should be out by Spring of 2015
    It looks like the weight delivery system is in the bottom from the photo you posted? Does that weight transfer through the plug as you cast like with the mag darter or does it stay in one place. Thanks for the review. Its ashame. I saw a news item on that plug and was eager to try it on some fish. I guess the plug inventions can't all be as success full as the SP!

Stationary system which probably causes the tumbling

A little movement inside allows the plug to load/ cast better.So you probably hit the nail on the head Bob.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Daiwa Salt Pro Minnow
    http://www.daiwa.com/Lure/pop_ds_pro_minnow.aspx
    Versatile, long casting bait is designed for a fast, ripping style retrieve that produces an erratic side-to-side swim action to draw predator’s attention. Features weight transfer system for easier, longer casts; realistic scale pattern and 3-D eyes; heavy duty saltwater hooks.

NEW DAIWA™ SALT PRO MINNOW–BULLET Daiwa’s new Bullet sinking Salt Pro Minnow has a tight S action to imitate a real fish swimming. Designed for surf fishing to catch striped bass but will catch many other varieties. Sinks level so you will get many bites on the fall and its heavy weight and small lip helps it cast in windy conditions. Available in two weights 1-1/2 oz. and 2-1/8 oz.

NEW SALT PRO MINNOW BULLET FEATURES:

Tight “S” Action
    Available in 1-1/2 oz. and 2-1/8 oz.
    1.4mm heavy wire-thru construction
    2/0 size heavy duty saltwater hooks.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

They swim like sh_t I gave mine away

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    They swim like sh_t I gave mine away
    They look like skinny darters. Like a long skinny magdarter. Magdarters don't really swim either.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

they are more a needle fish and Super Strikes work better IMO and just about everyone that swam them at the shop. They also sell like sh_t in 3 shops and most likely be discontinued