Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing reports for Jan - Mar 2015 - wwwStripersAndAnglers.com

Water is 33 now for the run off and bad weather this weekend

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Yeah - I agree with finchaser. Unless you like nuclear fish the water is still too cold. This is one of the worst early seasons in about a decade. Might as well get the special projects and honey do list tackled. Not much use in fishing until you find water in the 45 degree range. That will take a while. jmo

You fellas make a good point but there is a slow warming trend. With the ice melting the mud will be heating up and we should at least be able to catch some flounder by next week some time.

I know aside from the power plant areas, hardly anyone is fishing from shore right now....
    That didn't stop Team TCB...

I told them that the 45 degree magic mark was still a little off in the future....they didn't care.....said:
    "Rich, we just had to get out of the house....stripers, flounder, we didn't care if we caught anything at all....just needed to be out there!"

I salute you guys.....They travel to wherever they think they have the best shot at a fish.....last year they caught the first legitimate (non)-power plant keeper in NJ..(and did not weigh it in)....they must be doing something right.....

Report and pics courtesy of Team TCB .........

"Our first trip of 2015 was a blast. No hits but to wet a line and spend some quality time with my team members made the afternoon worthwhile. A couple more weeks to glory."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 160122.jpg   160123.jpg  

160124.jpg   160125.jpg  

Yeah hats off to them for giving it a try. I'm gonna wait till April1. No power plant fish on my plate, not interested.

I saw some dudes out there the other day Rich. Must of been them couldn't have been anyone else. No one is fishing yet. Next time I'll stop by and ask them if they know you. We can share some secret stories about you.

Nice try fellas. I like that attitude.

buy some worms when they're at it. You never know when the fishing is going to turn on. Shouldn't be that much longer now once the ice islands finish melting. LOL

March comes in like a lion and out like a lamb I think we're halfway there.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    I know aside from the power plant areas, hardly anyone is fishing from shore right now....
    That didn't stop Team TCB...

I told them that the 45 degree magic mark was still a little off in the future....they didn't care.....said:
    "Rich, we just had to get out of the house....stripers, flounder, we didn't care if we caught anything at all....just needed to be out there!"

I salute you guys.....They travel to wherever they think they have the best shot at a fish.....last year they caught the first legitimate (non)-power plant keeper in NJ..(and did not weigh it in)....they must be doing something right.....

Report and pics courtesy of Team TCB .........

"Our first trip of 2015 was a blast. No hits but to wet a line and spend some quality time with my team members made the afternoon worthwhile. A couple more weeks to glory."
    Nice effort gents.

x2 it was nice to hear about dudes actually out doing it instead of just bsing about it. nice going

I enjoyed the real report as well those guys are hardcore! One of us should be catching soon good luck to all.

Nice to see some guys got out!! I headed S this am and fished the dark till a bit after sun up...Racked up the first goose egg for '15 felt good to be casting tho...

Great to hear peeps are trying. Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    Nice to see some guys got out!! I headed S this am and fished the dark till a bit after sun up...Racked up the first goose egg for '15 felt good to be casting tho...

Wow you're crazy! The temperature wasn't bad but the wind was killer! How did you manage to cast with all that wind?

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Wow you're crazy! The temperature wasn't bad but the wind was killer! How did you manage to cast with all that wind?
    Haha...Yeah im stir crazy from sitting in the house all winter lol...I found a spot that had the wind kind of at my back...It wasnt all that bad till the sun came up.. after a few hard gusts i packed it in!

Hey thanks for trying blazin at least you put in your time and when you do catch it will be ever so sweet! Always enjoy your reports thanks for sharing them and good luck.

You guys are def hardcore. Real fishermen as opposed to sit around the internet and talk about fishing fishermen. Give me some hope keep em coming!

Well the snow today might def push things back a bit. Saw a lot of robins out in the grass this week. Come on Spring you can do it! Kick Winter to the curb!

over 6 inches here in Brick at 10 PM

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast