C/mon guys we have to get organized or it will happen everywhere. There won't be anyplace left to fish without sneaking in! From another site, hope this is ok:

I went to Shoreham Beach today , News12 was covering the story of Brookhaven banning fishing at this beach. The reporter said this story would be on today , earliest would be 5pm and run throughout the night and I would guess maybe tomorrow also.

There were 7 or 8 people there, including :

Stan Hentschel from Rocky Point Fishing Stop who has been fighting access issues on the North Shore since the 70's. Stan's email to News 12 initiated coverage of this story. I have known Stan since I was a kid, he gave me my first job working at his store. 27 years later it has come full cirlce and I am glad I was able to go out there and support him.

Willie Young was there also. I called Willie last night to let him know about this event, Willie drove 50 miles each way on the spur of the moment to be there. I thank Willie immensely for all he has done for Long Island fisherman, this guy deserves alot of credit.

Fred Golafaro from The Fisherman was there also.

A local fisherman who works at Rocky Point Fishing Stop was there as well as some other local fisherman.

We spent about 30 minutes giving the reporter some background on the issue and she interviewed Fred, Stan , Willie and the local fisherman on camera.

One guy brought his rod which is supposedly against the rules, a lifeguard made a half hearted attempt to stop him by yelling out 'no fishing allowed', but nothing happened after that.

Lets see how the piece comes out , but mission accomplished, we are fighting back and raising awareness. If they can shut down this beach they can try to do it to any beach. North Shore out there is terrible for access, there is no legal fishing or legal access for about 15 miles from Shoreham to Mt Sinai , this is totally unacceptable and probably illegal.