Thread: RUBBER for Sale! - Great Prices

Default RUBBER for Sale! - Great Prices

Met Gordon a while ago, I'm a little behind in my posting.

What he makes:
    hand poured sluggos.

Color:
    He has a lot of white and bone colors, and black, and I think purple.
    He says he can make any color you want, though.

Sizes:
    9" were the ones he showed me, but he might have other sizes, ask him.

Rigging:
    He's selling them either plain or rigged, not bad when you consider the trouble it is to rig them right. I think he uses good hooks and dacron in the rigging.

Default pics

Some pics of his rigged sluggos

Attachment 11050

Attachment 11051

Attachment 11052

Here you can see the rigged hooks and some greater detail.
    Attachment 11053

Attachment 11054

I'm not sure how much he's asking, but you know they have to be cheaper than they sell them in the store. Look at the detail, nice hand-pours.

And I think he might be offering discounts if you buy in bulk.
    If you tend to go through a lot, it might be worth your while to ask.

Get in touch with him. He's a reasonable guy. I met him because we were talking about the way things used to be, how great fishing was a mere 10 years ago, and the fact that the people talking about how fantastic the surf fishing is now, often don't have the frame of reference to understand this.

He's a good guy, and ties his own flies as well.

Tell him I send my regards when ya talk to him.

fletch1951@aol.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMGP8523.JPG   IMGP8524.JPG  

IMGP8525.JPG   IMGP8521.JPG  

IMGP8522.JPG  

For those of you who like slug gos, there are wieghts you can buy to make them a bit heavier. That's if you want them to swim a little lower in the column. The wieghts look like 1 inch nails and can be purchased at a few tackle shops. How to use them is listed on the slug go site. It's very important to do it the way they say or you will mess up the action. I have a couple and the weights are in the belly side going from the center joint forward as well as the head. You can also insert them in the tail, but only if you have the front weighted. So far I have used them in the front only and it makes the lure dive nicely and when jerked it looks more realistic.
    "Don't be shy, give it a try"

Default Sluggo pricing info

Just got some additional info from Gordon. He took a trip up to Cape Cod, and was slaying bass every day, All C&R, sounds like a great trip :

"As far as prices go what I'm looking to get is around 33% less than what manufacturers charge.

For example 9" slug rigged goes for $8.50 from Lunker city. I would charge $5.50 (and use better hooks). Custom solid colors no extra charge.

Right now I'm working up a couple of new designs of my own, will be casting a prototype mold tomorrow. I'd rather have something unique, at least the bass won't have seen a 100 of them on their migration. Should have something to show soon.

If you or any of the site guys have any ideas of what an ideal soft bait should do, I'd be happy for any input. Bluefish-proof out of the question.

What I'm shooting for with the new design is straight running & casting w/o losing any suppleness. I'll be playing around a lot more with new designs over the winter."

Not bad pricing. Thanks for posting, dark.