Thread: Bombers

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
    .Bigger fish will hit a bomber if fished painfully slow,so make sure on the older ones you change out the hardware and they also swim much better with a loop knot.They also work well in the back bays along sod banks/coves especially when the bait is thinner such as spearing.
    You hit the nail on the head about the sods SS. Its shallow water back there and crawling bombers is deadly when the 20lb bass come in the bay in the spring. Monty those colors you posted are my go to colors. Perfect spearing or herring imitation. You can catch bass blues and weakies as well as those plugs. I don't go out at night without at least one bomber in my bag.

Blurple bomber is a killer plug.

Love the school bus during a full moon. Bring it in slow and twitch it every now and then.

They are great for the bays and back of inlets at night. Hey they might not cast as well as an sp but if in rough surf you would tend to go bigger anyway like a darter or such.
    They also have heavier and suspending bombers like this one.
    http://www.bomberlures.com/product/s...ng-pro-long-a/
    if you want you can load them too. I like them and the guys who taught me would fish bombers at night. One guy still fishes a black bomber every time and he does catch some large.