Thread: Bombers

Default Bombers

I have been going through my plugs and found a few different Bombers.
    I have not thrown them for years except for a stray cast here and there.
    Going to use them more this year.
    Any thoughts on when, where to use them instead of Red Fins, SPs, etc.

I know they don't have the the distance capabilities of the SPs. Finchaser posted on the new Bomber Long Shot http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ghlight=bomber

Long A 6" 7/8 oz (16 A)
    Magnum long A 7" 1 1/2 oz (17A)
    Wind Cheater 6" 1 7/8 oz
    Bomber B15A 4 1/2 " 1/2 oz (any one throw this in the salt?)
    Bomber A Salts

Here are the A Salts I found.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Going to use them more this year.........

Now why would ya want to do that?
    No one tosses bombers any more.

It's all about the SPs and big wood...... Don't ya know big fish will not hit a bomber?
    Tell ya what......send em to me and I'll dispose of them for ya......

I like to use them on those calm nights with a light onshore breeze with a incoming tide when the bait may get pushed up tighter to the beach.Blurple and Black is great on a dark night with little light and chicken scratch and or school bus is a good color at false dawn sometimes green mackeral produces at night with a little more moonlight.Bigger fish will hit a bomber if fished painfully slow,so make sure on the older ones you change out the hardware and they also swim much better with a loop knot.They also work well in the back bays along sod banks/coves especially when the bait is thinner such as spearing.The SP and Baker lures handle better then bombers in a rougher surf,personally I don't load mine I only use them when fishing tight to the beach I also like to fan cast them and swim them parallel to the beach lip on those calm nights.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Ill never stop throwing the my collection of bombers...They are time tested and they CATCH FISH!! All those hot shots with there 40$ wood can keep'um! Ill be the guy tossing bombers and mambos catchin fish hahaha...Chicken scratch,burple,jointed all black...all have a permanent spot in my bag!! If DS doesnt them them monty ill gladly take them lol

Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
    .Bigger fish will hit a bomber if fished painfully slow,so make sure on the older ones you change out the hardware and they also swim much better with a loop knot.They also work well in the back bays along sod banks/coves especially when the bait is thinner such as spearing.
    You hit the nail on the head about the sods SS. Its shallow water back there and crawling bombers is deadly when the 20lb bass come in the bay in the spring. Monty those colors you posted are my go to colors. Perfect spearing or herring imitation. You can catch bass blues and weakies as well as those plugs. I don't go out at night without at least one bomber in my bag.

Blurple bomber is a killer plug.

Love the school bus during a full moon. Bring it in slow and twitch it every now and then.

They are great for the bays and back of inlets at night. Hey they might not cast as well as an sp but if in rough surf you would tend to go bigger anyway like a darter or such.
    They also have heavier and suspending bombers like this one.
    http://www.bomberlures.com/product/s...ng-pro-long-a/
    if you want you can load them too. I like them and the guys who taught me would fish bombers at night. One guy still fishes a black bomber every time and he does catch some large.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    I know they don't have the the distance capabilities of the SPs. Finchaser posted on the new Bomber Long Shot http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ghlight=bomber
    That's a good one too.