Thread: Ridley turtle washed up on beach

Default Ridley turtle washed up on beach

We found it this morning on the walk to the beach. About 3' long, it had blood streaming out what looked like a prop cut. I'll post pics when I get a chance.

My those are great turtle pics, DS. So clear and graphically superior, they almost look transparent.

:roflmao:

Hey Mr. Administrator, we have a broken smilie. That is supposed to be the little head rolling around laughing at Bababooeys post making fun of you.

Don't over look one of tiger sharks favorite snacks

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by Frankiesurf View Post
    :roflmao:

Hey Mr. Administrator, we have a broken smilie. That is supposed to be the little head rolling around laughing at Bababooeys post making fun of you.

Thanks I'll get on it today.

Sorry,Ms. Administrator.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles View Post
    Thanks I'll get on it today.
    If ya want something done around here, let Pebbles do it, she's amazing. I don't know how I would manage without her.
    Me, I'm a hack, takes me forever to do this stuff. Witness how long it took me to put these pics up. Sorry guys, here they are, finally!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8-24-09 003.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	7574

Name:	8-24-09 005.jpg 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	7575

Name:	8-24-09 004.jpg 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	7576

That's pretty cool. I never saw a saltwater turtle that had all those shades of green. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Default Ridley turtle video

I finally uploaded the video. I might have said something in that video about the boat that hit them being more careful.

I realize that's not always possible. That turtle was probably struck by the prop in the darkness. It was an unfortunate accident.

There was probably no way the captain of that boat could have avoided hitting that turtle. He might have noticed his prop hit something, just the same way when you're out there at night and hit an unseen piece of timber, and worry about whether you ruined your prop or not.

That's the way it is sometimes. Creatures are born, and others die before their time. The cycle of life...

I found some pics of those turtles ds, only these are live ones. I did like the video you shot, you can see the blood draining out of the back like it's oil pumping out of the engine.

www.oliveridleyturtle.com/seafamily.html
    Sea turtle family

Latin: Superfamily Chelonioidea

Except from the Arctic Ocean, sea turtles are found in all the world’s oceans. There are seven living species of sea turtles: flatback, green sea turtle, hawksbill, Kemp's Ridley, leatherback, loggerhead and olive ridley.
    The leatherback is the only member of the Dermochelyidae family. All the other species belongs to the family Cheloniidae.