Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ fishing reports June 1-15, 2010

Default NJ fishing reports June 1-15, 2010

NJ fishing reports for June 1-15, 2010
    Important when registering on our site -- use an active email address so you can activate your account to be able to post.

Please post fishing reports here.......as little or as much detail as you want to give.

Please note: NO SPOT BURNING! Posts burning spots will be Edited or DELETED!
    Some veteran fishermen have put in years developing and learning about certain spots.Some of these spots can only handle a few guys at a time. We are losing enough access as it is, due to the unfortunate behavior of a few selfish people. No sense in making it worse.

For some areas, it would be wiser to say:
    OutFront (Ocean) OR -- OutBack (Bay) -- if you feel too many people will figure out what you are talking about. "Spot burning" also could involve mentioning something specific only to that area. If you do this, your post may be edited, or deleted. Remember that thousands of people could potentially read these posts. You don't want to be fishing next to ALL of them at the same time!

IF you are fishing an area that is NOT residential, being vague is less critical. For example, it's acceptable to say (Any)Park, or (Any)Bay, or mention a specific state park that has loads of parking and can handle the crowds.

If you are unclear on this concept, ask yourself:

If I name this place on the internet, will it be too crowded for me to enjoy tomorrow when people hear I got 30 fish here today?

If the answer is "Yes", then you should probably not be so specific.
    More discussion on this:
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=3763

We post these reports so our community will have a sense of what is working, what is not. We want to show people how to catch fish, rather than where.Even if you struck out or got skunked, it would be helpful to hear that as well.

If you have any additional details you would like to share - weather conditions, tide (incoming, outgoing, ebb, flood) water temps, bait present, or other mention of techniques or plugs used - feel free.

Some acronyms -

SH - Sandy Hook
    NoMoCo - Northern Monmouth County (below the hook to Shark River Inlet SRI)
    SoMoCo - Southern Monmouth County (below SRI to Manasquan Inlet)

OC - Ocean County
    IBSP - Island Beach State Park
    LBI - Long Beach Island

AC - Atlantic County
    AI - Absecon Inlet
    CISP - Corson's Inlet State Park
    CMC - Cape May County
    CMR - Cape May Rips
    GEI - Great Egg Inlet
    TI - Townsend's Inlet

RB - Raritan Bay
    BB - Barnegat Bay
    CB - Chesapeake Bay
    CBBT - Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel
    DB - Delaware Bay

Monty you won the plug in the May random drawing!

We post these reports so our community will have a sense of what is working, what is not. We want to show people how to catch fish, rather than where.

If you struck out or got skunked, it would be helpful to hear that as well. Anyone who posts a report can win a plug even if they got skunked!

PM me your info so I can send it out. Thanks for posting and helping to make this a great site!

This month we're giving out plugs from Ace Baits, or something similar.
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...splay.php?f=83

Thanks for posting and helping to make this a great site!

Wink

fished sh this morning 615am till 11am . great morning no one on the whole side of beach i fish at , got 9 bass 1 sea robbon.4 keepers from 32 inches to 281/4 keep that one for supper.had a blast.

Did the boat thing yesterday morning on a buddy's boat in RB. We got us free bunker way in the back on the way out then anchored up, chummed and chunked at our favorite bait spot. Slow morning due to the day being too nice, no wind and very hot but we still limited out on bass to 13 lbs.

Red face

fished sh this morning 6am till1030. what a differance a day makes,got 1 small bass at 10 o'clock, not a tap all morning.guy to my left got 2 keepers useing sand worms.

Hey Dark, you say in your post "you won the plug of the month" but you didn't give a name LOL.
    "Don't be shy, give it a try"

I noticed that too but, I didn't want to break his chops. Thanks Cardoc for taking the heat on this one. LOL. I''ll anything that is not yellow. I have taken enough heat over me being associated with things that are yellow.

Thats because he got a swan alert while he was typing and had to get his post done fast so he could go out there and save them from Fin.
    "Don't be shy, give it a try"

I thought that he was telling himself that he was the winner .
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by cardoc765 View Post
    Hey Dark, you say in your post "you won the plug of the month" but you didn't give a name LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by rip316 View Post
    I noticed that too but, I didn't want to break his chops. Thanks Cardoc for taking the heat on this one. LOL. I''ll anything that is not yellow. I have taken enough heat over me being associated with things that are yellow.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardoc765 View Post
    Thats because he got a swan alert while he was typing and had to get his post done fast so he could go out there and save them from Fin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    I thought that he was telling himself that he was the winner .

Oops, my bad, didn't get to it yet. Sorry people, maybe tonight.

Work and fishin has got in the way of everything. Other than work, I've been out there hittin it hard in any spare time I have as the best of our Spring bass season has passed us and we are now about to enter the summer doldrums. I had a feeling we would be entering a slow period like we're in now...we might be lucky enough to get another few shots at them, but with the bunker boats scooping up as many bunker as they did, the majority of ocean bass have moved on. Anyone catching a 20 or bigger from the surf now will have to rely more on skill and less on luck, or have good scouting abilities by zeroing in on the few large bay bunker populations that still have bass and blues under them.

So I'm responsible for these and the NY forum winners, and Pebbles is responsible for the "Story of the Month" winners. We're both behind our deadlines. Ya can bust me for that, but ya can't bust Pebbles, as she gets special dispensation around here cause she fishes with a Finchaser custom rod.

As for Fin, you can't keep mentioning swans around the guy, or there will be none left.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy View Post
    THANKS FIN just for that i going to send you some nice swan pics you will love them lol
    Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Prefer dead

Every time he sees one, he takes out his .45, shoots the sucker, lassos it out of the water, and has it for breakfast with tabasco sauce and mushrooms and onions. He has a Culinary Degree and can cook swans 50 different ways. That's why he doesn't need to keep any fish...his freezer is so filled with dead swans he can't fit anything else inside.

Interestingly enough, there are no more swans in Fin's neighborhood, for some reason they're afraid to swim in the water where he fishes.

Monty won the plug. Sorry so late doing the number generator thing. Monty I'll try to mail it out by the end of the week. Congrats!

Wow, Thanks big time.
    I feel a little bad about my earlier remark.
    Well......Not really, Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Monty won the plug. Sorry so late doing the number generator thing. Monty I'll try to mail it out by the end of the week. Congrats!
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

very funny

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post

So I'm responsible for these and the NY forum winners, and Pebbles is responsible for the "Story of the Month" winners. We're both behind our deadlines. Ya can bust me for that, but ya can't bust Pebbles, as she gets special dispensation around here cause she fishes with a Finchaser custom rod.

And don't you forget it!

tonight 8-11 pm
    1)27" bass
    1) bluefish
    Both on jig head and rubber,

Dark mugs me wind turns HARD OUT OF THE SOUTH ,WET FOG ROLLS IN BITE ENDS HE'S LIKE THE KISS OF DEATH

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

I drove from NoOc up to NoMoCo to see if anything might open up but it didn't bet 6 - 8:30. I checked the back to get some bunker but they were on dinner break I guess. So I went home.

I did see two groups of boats out on bunker. Heard they did very good MUCH better then the last 5-6 days so the bass are around and starting to eat again and I heard good sizes too. To the south out of BI a friend told me there has been a ton of bunker far of the beach but not many fish on em

For those up north in the LI sound both west and east and off the south shore I heard things have been on fire! Hopefully we see another push of fish.

I scheduled a date with some live eels for the late night high tide schedule this weekend.

Here are some words of wisdom from Shoreline B&T in Belmar..

"The chunkers and eel fisherman cherish the next six weeks; if you have ever thought about trying that type of fishing; now is the time to get out there. You do not need to read fishing reports to know there will be some big fish around; you just need to put in the time............. "

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by yukon View Post
    Learn it. Know it. Live it.
    That your new slogan Yukon?
    Like it.

As for eels, I have live ones in my tank, and some sharpies already have their rigged ones set up. A lot of guys are waiting for the bluefish to vacate for the offshore spawn before they start throwin em, but they're getting impatient. You should start settin those rigged ones up you like to throw.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Dark mugs me wind turns HARD OUT OF THE SOUTH ,WET FOG ROLLS IN BITE ENDS HE'S LIKE THE KISS OF DEATH
    Yep it's kinda convenient to have either me or Killie around for when the bite slows down, we make great scapegoats don't we?

Cliff notes:
    Finchaser pulls fish from places they don't exist in...
    Bass take a vacation from the decent action...
    Bluefish step in to take up the slack, why are they so picky?

Finchaser pulls fish from places they don't exist...
    This guy can pull a fish from a rain puddle, swear to God... I mugged him last night to see if things were different in OC, and they were dismal. We tried, I got , he managed 1 bass, 1 blue, as he said. Bass were periodically blowing up on small bait, not grass shrimp, probably rainfish or spearing, tough to entice on the artificials, but he managed 2 fish.

Fog rolled in, water got weedy, and we ("He" ) called it a night.

Bass take a vacation from the decent action...
    Bluefish step in to take up the slack, why are they so picky?

I decided I wasn't done fishin. I had a new Finchaser custom rod I just bought from him, one sweet rod capable of pulling fish up to 30#, 6 guides, custom wrap. So glad to be able to fish a nicer piece of gear, I was drooling as I fished it and wanted to push it with some fish. Last night didn't seem to be a night for that.

Conditions were perfect, so I decided to hit up a few more spots. Even the old reliable back bay places were dead as I fished the last of the flood. Small profile swimmers, which had been getting consistent action, were dead in the water last night, couldn't get a touch on them.

The slack had produced nothing either and I was running out of options. The one thing that sparked me up was we had a pea soup fog rolling in, and I might be able to fish some areas that normally I can't get to. Even at those places, fishin still sucked for the incoming, it seemed like I would be soon calling it a night.

Finally hooked up on rubber as I fished the first 2 hours of the ebb. All fish were on the bottom of the water column, all bluefish. However the bluefish were decent size mediums, 6-9#, and all put up a good fight.

Why would you get excited over a few bluefish?
    It's not the fish that got me pumped last night, it was the action, which was pretty consistent for that 2 hour period. That's the kind of stuff that I play over and over in my head when fishin is slow. Honestly, even though bass have been around for the artificial bite, we've had to work for every one.

The bluefish were picky, and concentrated, but at least there were a number of them around. I managed to land 7 to 9#, and dropped about twice that many as I switched to bucktail and worm combo to save on the cost of mangled rubber.

I was happy with the action, not many people seemed to be out fishin. The heavy fog may have convinced people to stay home, and there was a steady S wind, usually a bite killer.

I was grateful for the wind as during the few times it stopped, I was eaten by mosquitoes and no-see-ums. Didn't have a lot of clothes other than waders and jacket. I put a winter hat on my head and didn't take it off till I got home.

Fishin gradually slacked off.
    I slept in the car. Hit it in the morning for 45mins, last of the ebb, but all the water I fished was dead, couldn't even manage 1 tap.

There was no bait of any kind showing where I caught the bluefish, hence the lack of top water activity. Later in the morning, I noticed small rainfish and larger grass shrimp getting attacked by small fish, but they wanted nothing to do with my presentations, even the small metal I usually throw at first light.

The 2 hours of action made the whole night worthwhile though. Ya never know what the water will bring ya unless ya cast into it.

dark when r u gonna fish the bunka,lol? we had big bluefish last nite, they came in on the bunker, not too many but they were chopping those bunka up.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast