Thread: Stealing clams and fishermen trash in NJ

Threaded View

Default Stealing clams and fishermen trash in NJ

So I went to the clam place tonight to load up. As I was leaving, Reno's son pulled up. He said there's too much theft and dumping and they're thinking of shutting it down.

Last year, they filled 6 dumpsters of trash out of there that people had dumped. This morning, they caught a guy dumping a refrigerator in front. He was caught on videotape, and the police went and gave him a summons.

This is why spot burning applies to things other than fishing. I only gave the intel out for that place to trusted friends. I would rather no one knew about it at all, I need to know that when the bite is hot, I can go there late night and get what I need.

Another place where I used to post had a thread about this last year. I chimed in and said it's not cool to broadcast that place all over.

The response I got was: "Well, how could we be burning it if the guy who owns the place is going up and down the beaches telling ppople where they can get his clams?" Acccording to his son, who should know, that claim was a complete fabrication. They don't neeed to sell more clams, they sell enough as it is.

Why talk about it further, you may ask? Why not keep it a secret, including the conversation I had? Because the family has had enough, and I stand to lose my clam connection. Best place around I know.

They put videocameras all around now. I'm asking guys who go there, and don't want to lose this place, to call the police if you see something suspicious there. Don't tell idiots about it who will go there and rip the guy off. In fact, please don't tell anyone you can't trust, unless you don't mind them shutting it down.

For anyone who doesn't understand this rant, I apologize, but please don't mention names in this thread. This message is really only to the guys who know already, maybe we can work together to save this resource. Anyone else has specific questions, please ask me through pm's. Thanks.

I'll post pics of the new sign on the refrig tomorrow when I get a chance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3-15-09 025.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	5848
    Last edited by DarkSkies; 12-12-2013 at 05:52 PM. Reason: post pics