Thread: New Jersey fishing reports for March 2009

Threaded View

^ Yeah I went to the shooting gallery tonight after the Somerset show. Could only stay awhile, had to get back home to post today's show reports. Thankfully the bite wasn't as good as yesterday, otherwise tomorrow it would be like opening day of trout season.

A few RB keepers were caught 2 hours before I got there, biggest around 12, smallest around 8. I'll post a pic of the guy's 12 when I d/l the other pics.

Only one short caught before I left, and some other shorties prior to. They're hitting at different times and tide stages, no rhyme or reason. I have been trying to fish around high tide, but that ain't always working.

If you have a pole in your hand when they come by, you'll hook up. I saw a guy who almost lost his pole in the water because he wasn't standing close enough when he got hit. That's the Murphy's Law of fishing, you'll get hit when you divert your attention, or take a few secs to take a leak, and Bang! you're it!

(I checked the chart, at 32" it might have been more than 12#, but I try not to exaggerate weights.)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p3-22-09b.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	6118

This is what one report that's too specific does, 75 people on a 350' section of beach.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3-22-09 arent you glad you use dial.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	6119
    Last edited by DarkSkies; 03-04-2010 at 07:41 AM. Reason: put pics