Only one fish caught last night by me in a spot I knew about but not totally familiar with. Somewhere short of 28", put it back in the cold water. I tried to make my report as general as possible this time.

The good part of the story was meeting some new guys, and intense conversations about spot burning, why it's effed up, why the sites who don't take it seriously in the posts should take it more seriously, what it means to pay your dues and learn by putting your time in, and the realization that there seem to be less giant bass around for the surfcaster.

One of these guys got and released 2 fish in the 50+ inch range as recently as 5 years ago, and hasn't come close to that since. The details he told me convinced me he did make those catches.

The bad part of the story is these guys schooled me. They were honorable about it, and even offered to let me fish near them, but I didn't want to mug them. So I stubbornly refused their help. They did tell me to move into their spot when they were leaving. Dudes, thanks, sorry I was so stubborn.

I told them it was the same water, we were only 200' away. Turns out when they left there was a nice feature to their spot, and they had a nice pick of bass to 31" baitfishin. The water was very cold, I would say low 40's, but fish were relatively active, though soft hitters.

We have a noreaster forecast for today and the next few days, guys. The earliest it's predicted to straighten out is Thur. I would say if anyone is climbing the walls to get a nice fish, now would be a great chance to do it. If the winds do go to 20mph tonight, that would kill it.

If winds stay around 13mph or below, that's fishable!! Tight lines, guys!