Harbor Tackle Fishing Report May 1, 2009

Things are starting to get back to normal. I had back surgery on April 9, 2009 and I am recovering nicely; however, I still cannot lift anything over 5 pounds and cannot bend, lift or twist my back. Sorry that I have been negligent in keeping up the fishing reports. I am pretending I am on a mini-vacation. I have been directing the store (Terry) while sitting in a big comfortable chair.

In the surf, black drum have been caught with clams and a few stripers with fresh bunker and of course doggies and skates. Tog have seemed to be hot this week. Nice flounder have been reported too. Yesterday, several over 20 inch flounder were taken at the Oceanic Pier. The Rt. 50 Bridge is producing some legal stripers. Above the Rt. 90 Bridge, in front of the airport, and below the Assateague Bridge have been some nice flounder. Last Sunday Terry Morris of Frankford, DE caught a 25 5/8 inch flounder that weighed 6 ¼ pounds with minnows in front of the airport.

Harbor Tackle has fresh bunker, live minnows, live chowder clams, live black saltys, live eels, and live green crabs.