I belatedly opened this. It came from Mike Nashif, who runs Operation "Take a Soldier Fishing".
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=1628

The Memorial day message coming from a veteran such as Mike, who was in the Operation Iraqui Freedom (OIF) conflict, was moving. So I thought I would post it here. Thanks for sending it, Mike!

Thanks to all the soldiers past and present, and Mike and his fellow soldiers. and their families for the sacrifices you have made for this country.

Here are some pictures that were given to me when I was in Iraq during OIF II back in 2004. They were inspirational then and I think they are inspirational now. They have stood the test of time a lot like the will of the American People despite war and things that should be considered acts of war.

Let us remember what today is about and remember those that have given their lives and paid the Ultimate Sacrifice for our country. I am not going to make this a long drawn out email because the only thing I would like for you to do is pick at least one person that you know that has given their life for our Country and say their name out loud in Remembrance.

In loving memory of SPC Charles Odums II – Combat Medic who died while on night patrol in SE Baghdad in 2004 by a roadside bomb. Father, Husband, soldier and friend.

In loving memory of SPC Raymond White – Cav Scout who died when his convoy was ambushed. He died squeezing the trigger in SE Baghdad in 2004 – Friend and soldier.

Please also take the time to remember all the people that lost their lives when the planes crashed into the World Trade Center towers. Feel the heat from the flames and smell the smoke from the fuel. Listen to the screams and taste the dust and ash. Don’t lose focus as to why we are at war with terrorists because they will always be there hiding and waiting cowardly in the shadows. Pretending to be something they are not and wishing they were something that they very well could possibly be…. FREE.

If you feel this worthy then pass it along otherwise just say the names you know out loud.

May you Rest In Peace as you are not Forgotten.

Freedom Isn’t Free

Thank you

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	armour 1 copy.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	6788

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sass 5.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	6789