I realize many guys on a board comprised of more NJ andNY members than southern states members don't care about a closure like this.

Let me tell you why you should.

It's a HUGE DEAL to those fishermen in Fla and the S Atlantic. We talked about this at the SSFFF meeting the other night. The gov't groups that control fishing laws are taking our fishing rights away, species by species.

They have a very manipulative way of turning the definition of "overfished species" to "overfishing", which is a far more stringent standard that then alllows them to shut down an entire fishery WITHOUT the fishing public being given a reasonable forum to voice their opinions.

Something's wrong with this picture, people. Not wanting to sound like Chicken Little, but I feel the writing is on the wall for potential closure of the Striped Bass fishery.

Sounds impossible, you say??

What do you think will happen to pressure on striped bass with the closures and restrictions on sea bass & fluke in the NJ and NY areas?

Do you think it will have no affect at all?

I don't have the answers, but I am asking you to think for yourselves...how can it NOT have any affect?

So I ask you to read the release below and ask yourselves WHY it couldn't happen here.

All respectful discussion welcome.